Would Brandon Routh Have Made A

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 28 2010, 8:42 pm

After seeing him again on Chuck I thought Quinto was great as Spock but was Brandon Routh ever considered for the role? Or was he too fresh in peoples mind as Superman?

williamslakesm

Report this Jan. 30 2010, 2:28 am

They need to make another Superman with him in it!

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 30 2010, 11:09 am

Quote (williamslakesm @ Jan. 30 2010, 2:28 am)
They need to make another Superman with him in it!

I think it's Tom Welling's turn at Superman.

williamslakesm

Report this Jan. 30 2010, 12:05 pm

He needs to learn to wear glasses as Clark Kent first!

SpaceTherapist

Report this Jan. 30 2010, 12:08 pm

Quote (williamslakesm @ Jan. 29 2010, 3:28 am)
They need to make another Superman with him in it!

I completely agree1 I thought he did an excellent job in the dual role. I really like Superman Returns and was very disappointed they did not do another. But I read recently that his contract to do another Superman movie recently expired. The studios are free to look elsewhere.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 30 2010, 1:53 pm

I think Routh was good at Superman but they should have just totally rebooted the movie and not had it been a continuation.

rocketscientist

Report this Jan. 30 2010, 2:12 pm

Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Jan. 30 2010, 11:09 am)
Quote (williamslakesm @ Jan. 30 2010, 2:28 am)
They need to make another Superman with him in it!

I think it's Tom Welling's turn at Superman.

Yeah, I agree.

I thought Routh was ok, but he was no Christopher Reeve at all.

His Superman was too stiff and his Clark Kent was just an attempt to capture Reeve's very funny and brilliant performance.

Routh was fine, but, honestly, I thought they could've done better.  That goes for a lot of the things in that film, actually, mostly with the story and the casting.

Narada

Report this Jan. 30 2010, 3:08 pm

Routh would make a good Spock but I do not know if he would have the same chemistry that Quinto did. If you watch interviews with Pine and Quinto they play off each other very well and they have very strong chemistry.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 30 2010, 4:40 pm

Quote (Narada @ Jan. 30 2010, 3:08 pm)

That is true.

DarthRage

Report this Feb. 01 2010, 12:15 pm

This may seems a bit out there, but Eli Roth, IMHO, would have made a good Spock.

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Feb. 02 2010, 2:48 am

totally need another Superman movie and the main characters are all signed for a sequel. Just no father son thing, that's all I ask.

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Feb. 02 2010, 2:50 am

Quote (williamslakesm @ Jan. 30 2010, 12:05 pm)
He needs to learn to wear glasses as Clark Kent first!

There's been a few episodes where he wears the glasses, I love both scenes.

rocketscientist

Report this Feb. 02 2010, 12:29 pm

Quote (Kdbtrekkin @ Feb. 02 2010, 2:48 am)

Actually, Routh just said in an interview that his contract for the Superman sequel is lapsed.  I assume that's for the other actors as well.

That means, he has to renegotiate his contract if they actually do want him for the next film.

Somehow, I doubt he will be Superman again, as much as he wants to do it.

Like I said, I think they could do better.

lostshaker

Report this Feb. 02 2010, 3:13 pm

Brandon Routh was superb as Superman and I was quite happy with Superman Returns.  It was one of the few films I've seen in a movie theater where there was fan reaction... (the others have been Harry Potter, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, and Lord of the Rings - Star Wars was surprisingly absent).

I remember the night well... it was a midnight showing, raining heavily. Everyone held their breath as they waited, wondered if John Williams' original score was going to be used.  And as soon it was, the audience all let out a collective breath of relief (seriously, you could hear people breathing again).  Then, ten minutes into the film the power cut out for the next 45 minutes.  The manager came in and said lightning knocked out the power, but that the film would be reshowing when the power came back and offered free tickets for those that didn't want to wait.  No one left and the adventure returned 45 minutes later... only it started where it had left off and the sound was off.  The movie got restarted ten more minutes later with the sound still off; and five minutes after that the movie restarted with everything going right from then on.  After all of that, and somewhere around 3:00 am, the movie still got a standing ovation.  And by that point the manager was giving out free tickets to everyone.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Feb. 02 2010, 3:51 pm

Quote (lostshaker @ Feb. 02 2010, 3:13 pm)
Brandon Routh was superb as Superman and I was quite happy with Superman Returns. ¿It was one of the few films I've seen in a movie theater where there was fan reaction... (the others have been Harry Potter, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, and Lord of the Rings - Star Wars was surprisingly absent).

I remember the night well... it was a midnight showing, raining heavily. Everyone held their breath as they waited, wondered if John Williams' original score was going to be used. ¿And as soon it was, the audience all let out a collective breath of relief (seriously, you could hear people breathing again). ¿Then, ten minutes into the film the power cut out for the next 45 minutes. ¿The manager came in and said lightning knocked out the power, but that the film would be reshowing when the power came back and offered free tickets for those that didn't want to wait. ¿No one left and the adventure returned 45 minutes later... only it started where it had left off and the sound was off. ¿The movie got restarted ten more minutes later with the sound still off; and five minutes after that the movie restarted with everything going right from then on. ¿After all of that, and somewhere around 3:00 am, the movie still got a standing ovation. ¿And by that point the manager was giving out free tickets to everyone.

Their was fan reaction when I saw the new Trek movie with my brother. They laughed when Scotty said "l like this ship." Also when Kirk looked at Spock after he kissed Uhrua. I forgot the other audience reactions.