Worst DS9 Episode

aura_blaze

Report this Jan. 23 2010, 8:08 am

I think the worst DS9 episode was Move Along Home.

Come to think of it... it was probably the only bad episode in the series. I've heard people saying that they dont like The Storyteller but I quite like that one cos it shows that Bajor is more than just the capital city. I think thats something that most Trek episodes struggle with. The Earth has thousands of different cultures, different kinds of people; in Star Trek there seems to be a very uniform view of people, all klingons are violent, honorable warriors, the Ferengi are greedy money obsessed aliens, etc. But in Bajor, you get a variety.

Back to Move Along Home, come on.. the senior staff stuck in a game to teach Quark lesson?? But then... without sinking so low, they might not have come up with the likes of "Duet" and "In the Pale Moonlight"

TheDriver

Report this Jan. 23 2010, 8:36 am

I like both "Move Along Home" and "The Storyteller."

The only DS9 episode I actively dislike is "Profit and Lace." Everything about it just seems ... wrong.

aura_blaze

Report this Jan. 23 2010, 8:39 am

oh yea....i forgot about that one!!!

Thanks a lot!!

I was in therapy trying to forget that one... now i'll have to go back...lol

kvlc

Report this Jan. 23 2010, 1:49 pm

The only thing unlikeable about Move Along Home was the nursery rhyme scene. It's just like Chrysalis's singing scene, a grimacing pock on an otherwise healthy episode.

I honestly like Profit and Lace. My nomination would be Let He Who Is Without Sin.

Ndirsch11

Report this Jan. 23 2010, 2:00 pm

I disliked the last couple of mirror universe episodes.  They were the definition of pointless filler.

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 23 2010, 4:52 pm

There are a few that I disliked. Not sure if they are "worst" from a subjective viewpoint, but in some kind of order from least to not-least favourite.

The Visitor
Rejoined
Valiant
Profit and Lace *the end and beginning kind of save it a little from TOTAL yukness*
Meridian *saved by Kira / Tiron / Quark's Bplot*
Melora
Facets

So while DS9 is awesome and all of these episodes with the possible exception of "the Visitor" have ASPECTS that I like, they are the ones I tend to want to skip.

Honourable mention to "Children of Time" although I did not like this one first time around it has kind of grown on me and so is not listed above.

captbates

Report this Jan. 23 2010, 5:09 pm

Most or all of the "Trill" centric episodes.

EzrianBashirax

Report this Jan. 23 2010, 5:50 pm

Quote (OtakuJo @ Jan. 23 2010, 4:52 pm)

The Visitor
Rejoined
Valiant
Meridian *saved by Kira / Tiron / Quark's Bplot*
Melora
Facets

What exactly is wrong with 'Valiant'?

kvlc

Report this Jan. 23 2010, 6:00 pm

No one likes those smug little kids.

LtPondwater9

Report this Jan. 23 2010, 8:14 pm

"Melora" and "Our Man Bashir". Even though the latter looked fun to produce, I didn't like it.

TheDriver

Report this Jan. 23 2010, 10:22 pm

Quote (OtakuJo @ Jan. 23 2010, 7:52 pm)
Facets

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this one either.

EdwardTivruskyIV

Report this Jan. 23 2010, 10:29 pm

Quote (LtPondwater9 @ Jan. 22 2010, 9:14 pm)
"Our Man Bashir"...

I dislike that episode too...thought I was the only one :laugh:

"The Muse" is possibly the most unwatchable to me. The sight of Lumba in "Profit and Lace" made me want to gouge my eyes out, but Lwaxana makes me seriously contemplate ending it all. I can't think of a more obnoxious or pointless DS9 character. Odo should have shapeshifted into a noose and hung her in the turbolift when he had the chance. Or a blanket and suffocated her. So many wonderful options.

"Move Along Home" stank to high heaven too but since it's from season one and doesn't contain Lwaxana I give it a bit of a pass.

SLagonia

Report this Jan. 24 2010, 1:58 am

Profit and Lace...  Oh, God, Profit and Lace...

WorfsGonads

Report this Jan. 24 2010, 7:54 am

Time's Orphan for me.  That was a complete stinker.
Followed by If Wishes were Horses.

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 24 2010, 9:39 pm

Quote (EzrianBashirax @ Jan. 23 2010, 5:50 pm)
What exactly is wrong with 'Valiant'?

AKA Baby-Trek?