Would You Pay For a New Star Trek TV Series

ItalianTiberius24

Report this Jan. 19 2010, 9:17 pm

My Vote Goes for Yes if its part of the REAL Trek Universe....I was thinking one day that i want a new trek show so bad that i'd even be willing to pay $10-$20 an episode...I know this would never happen but how many of you would pay per episode to have a new trek show and how much would you be willing to pay....it seems that sci fi shows cant survive on network tv where they get alot of money for their budget but its hard to get ratings and if they go to cable like the sci fi channel per se, they can be hampered by their budget...so what if it was on pay per view or i know someone already mentioned this but on a pay channel like hbo or showtime?

Hawklord

Report this Jan. 19 2010, 9:29 pm

I voted 'No.'

Voyager and Enterprise didn't thrill me.

lostshaker

Report this Jan. 20 2010, 1:10 am

I'll vote yes on the condition that everything about Abrams' movie is ignored. Romulus is around and so is Spock. Vulcan has no ridiculous Jelly Fish Ship, red matter has never been heard of,  there are no Ewok posers, and starship designers don't base engineering off of a brew factory.

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Jan. 20 2010, 2:47 am

Quote (lostshaker @ Jan. 20 2010, 1:10 am)
I'll vote yes on the condition that everything about Abrams' movie is ignored. Romulus is around and so is Spock. Vulcan has no ridiculous Jelly Fish Ship, red matter has never been heard of, ¿there are no Ewok posers, and starship designers don't base engineering off of a brew factory.

:laugh:  :logical:

LtPondwater9

Report this Jan. 20 2010, 4:13 am

I already have HBO for other series of their programming. So in a sense, yes I would have pay tv channels to watch it. Though in order for me to watch it has to equal the better drama quality like HBO's other programs.

31st_Century_Temporal_Age
nt

Report this Jan. 20 2010, 9:24 am

How about pay per view Star Trek episodes? If they thought they could do that I am positive we would be watching Trek right now. That would pay for the production costs easily/ Perhaps offer a discount on a season subscription.

I know it would never happen and see how quickly torrents get uploaded online as well.

Tadasimha

Report this Jul. 27 2010, 1:17 pm

If there was an online option (like mlb.com) where a membership fee would get you access to each episode, as opposed to a cable channel or special, that would be an option I'd be willing to lay down some money for.  If the series wasn't to my liking, I could always cancel the subscription.

Startrek.com already has the video section - why not add a new regular scheduled show and charge a reasonable fee to view the show?

If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve.

dstrosch

Report this Jul. 27 2010, 3:25 pm

I don't think I'd go as high as $20 per episode but I'd probably be willing to shell out about $5 each. At least for the first few.

Grev Per

Report this Jul. 27 2010, 3:45 pm

No. I'd buy the dvds, and watch the show when it aired, but I would not pay per view.

iBorg13