Fan Made Star Trek: Enterprise

> id="QUOTE">We haven't discussed much fan made Enterprise productions here, be it Fan Fiction or other productions. I came across this article on Trek Movie and thought I would share it and start a topic. I think everyone should discuss their favorite fan made Enterprise.

:eyesroll:

Middleman

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 10:26 am

FanMade: Watch ?Star Trek Enterprise: The New Generation? ? Made With Action Figures ?December 26, 2009
by TrekMovie.com Staff

Star Trek Enterprise went off the air in 2005 after four seasons. The story of the crew of the NX01 has lived on in books, but in 2008 a German fan production made with action figures also picked up the story with "Star Trek: Enterprise ? The New Generation ? Der Zeitspiegel?. And now "Der Zeitspiegel" has been dubbed into English as "Crossroads".

Star Trek Enterprise ? The New Generation was put together by German fan ?J?rgen Kaiser. He and his team released their first stop-motion Enterprise fan film in 2008. Peter Goundrill and Limited Faith Productions have worked with Kaiser to create the English dub of the original, which was released on Christmas evening.

Plot Synopsis

The NX-01 has been equipped with a new experimental warp drive. But when Captain Archer and the crew test the engine something unexpected happens. The crew are flung into unknown peril which could endanger not only the NX-01 but the entire universe as we know it.

Within a void between a myriad of universes lies a derelict Miranda-Class Vessel. Here Commander T`Pol is contacted by a familiar crew who hold the key to saving the NX-01 and the universe from a deadly foe known only as ?The Red Empire?

More to Come
Jurgen Kaiser is currently working on a ?second installment Star Trek: Enterprise  The New Generation called ?Der Anfang vom Ende? (The Beginning of the End). That episode will also be redubbed into English by Limited Faith Productions.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 11:43 am

border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">>>Quote (Middleman @ Jan. 10 2010, 10:26 am)

honeybee1111

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 11:59 am

While I agree that the show isn't ever coming back officially - except through the novels and maybe comics - I love it when fans take it on themselves to continue the story, whatever form they choose. I read and write fanfic and think its great when people get creative out of sheer love. And stop motion animation is an artform that requires a great deal of skill and energy.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 12:00 pm

Quote (honeybee1111 @ Jan. 10 2010, 11:59 am)

The fan made productions have terrible acting.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 12:18 pm

Middleman

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 2:08 pm

Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Jan. 10 2010, 12:18 pm)
I remember during the SE campaign that alot of us in thise saw them getting so desparate as to wanting the series back that they would make Season 5 with action figures. :laugh:

TF: You really have to help me out here because I'm at a loss to understand you. What is it that makes you react so negativity when you hear about Enterprise fan fic or these fan made productions or groups like Save Enterprise or the NX initiative? I mean you get kind of nasty and sarcastic and don't explain why you feel that way. What about them is so threatening to you? I just can't figure you out. It's not costing you money. It's not wasting your time. No one is asking anything of you. To quote the Joker: "Why so serious?!" You've been doing this for the whole 2 years that I've been posting here. In fact you were pretty nasty to me about it at one point. Please enlighten us. (And I do hope you aren't reverting back to your bashing days)

If one wants to look at the worst and most desperate of fans, one only has to look at that group of fans who have been pining away for over 40 years for a return to the 1960's version of The Original Series. Those guys produce the absolute worst fan made productions and were the type of fans who gave the entire Star Trek fan base a bad name. Not the Enterprise fans.

The only conclusion I can come to is that you fear these guys might actually stand a shot at getting CBS's attention. Am I right? I mean if TrekMovie.com, the leading Star Trek information site, has given these guys coverage then it is getting some attention from TPTB. We Know that TPTB contribute to TrekMovie.com.

I'm not looking to be confrontational with you but every time I ask you about this, I don't get a reply.

To All Other Posters: I'll be shocked if I get a reply.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 2:28 pm

Quote (Middleman @ Jan. 10 2010, 2:08 pm)
Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Jan. 10 2010, 12:18 pm)

To All Other Posters: I'll be shocked if I get a reply.

I group these type of Enterprise fans in with the ones that are doing the fan made TOS Phase II. These are the type of groups that made Trek look uncool to the general public and as I have said before you need them in order for Trek to survive. They even made fun of them when they claimed to have raised $2 Million on the late night shows. I don't think they have a shot at CBS because CBS is ignoring them. The one guy who is promoting Star Trek: Cardinal is giving fans false hope that CBS is interested in his fan idea because they wont turn it over to a non professional. That is another thing is that the SE groups gives fans, false hope about Enterprise coming back.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 3:35 pm

Middleman man like I said before I would be thrilled if Enterprise came back and did the RW and what led to the founding of the Federation but I am a realist and now that will never happen.

It would be easier for CBS just to start from scratch with a new series. I would love one with a new crew set during the RW.

Middleman

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 5:23 pm

Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Jan. 10 2010, 2:28 pm)

I probably came on too strong in my last posting and for that I apologize. I know when you and I "met" 2 years ago we didn't always get along, to put it mildly, but we have progressed. :D

Trek fans were stereo typed as geeks long before the first episode of Enterprise was written and I think that's what you are trying to say. I'm saying there is nothing wrong with what the Enterprise fans are doing or what the TOS fans are doing or the Star Wars fans (every bit as geeky as Star Trek fans) or even the Harry Potter fans, who are really way out there.

Fan productions give the fan base of a series something to look forward to, some continuation of the stories they loved that that the owners of a franchise can't or won't give them for what ever reason. The so called general audience doesn't know this stuff even exists unless they go looking for it. They don't look for it because they aren't really into the stories, the character and the history the way we are. The general audience only knows Kirk and Spock and wants "wow" special effects with action. That's why the "old time line" is dead and buried in my opinion. (sorry SB63, but Enterprise has a better chance of coming back than the old time line does). While the quality of this stuff is low, some of these people have real talent, but no money. I would also like to point out that our Honeybee is one of the better Fan Fiction writers I've come across and she has written some amazing Enterprise fiction.

The late night shows are going to make fun of everyone not just Trek Fans. The fact that they were mentioned means they got peoples attention and I don't believe that all the attention was negative. (anyone else have an opinion on this).

CBS has their plans (god knows what they are) and I don't believe they don't know of that is going on, they are just sticking to their plan. The key for these groups is to try and influence the plans. That's how business is done. Are the successful? Who knows, but if doing these things makes them feel better, and they aren't in your face or "behaving badly" I don't see anything wrong with it. While most of these people would like Enterprise back on TV (shit, I want it back) they are really hoping that their "Campaigns" get us more books, maybe audio novels, graphic novels to continue the story of Enterprise.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 5:32 pm

Quote (Middleman @ Jan. 10 2010, 5:23 pm)
Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Jan. 10 2010, 2:28 pm)

No problem I may have been a little too strong about making fun of adults playing with their Trek action figures and I apologize.

Middleman

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 5:43 pm

Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Jan. 10 2010, 5:32 pm)

I think you should look at the stop motion photography this guy used, he was no amateur.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 6:22 pm

Quote (Middleman @ Jan. 10 2010, 5:43 pm)
Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Jan. 10 2010, 5:32 pm)

I saw it and didn't think it was that great.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 6:52 pm

After discussing some of the ideas for Seasons 5 to 7 in Scooby's thread I am not going to make fun of the fans that want it back anymore. I know that it wont happen but that would be cool if it did.

trekkiefromAus

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 7:05 pm

SE never did an idea using action figures to make a season 5, the closest thing was suggesting perhaps they finish the line of figurines but that idea got rejected

Now the SE threads does have a fan production stored in it's threads and it is Enterprise S5 and that is using pictures, music and subtitles to make episodes and so far four episodes and part one of episode 5 have been made and you can find that at http://www.youtube.com/MsPaulineM it should be noted it is not an SE project because SE doesn't exist (no leaders, no campaign, nothing) only the threads do.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 7:23 pm

Quote (trekkiefromAus @ Jan. 10 2010, 7:05 pm)

Not making fun of your campaign but I think your campaign would be better suited in campaigning for an all new Trek series. CBS would not waste money rebuilding the sets and props that were sold off at auction or destroyed. It would be far more easier for CBS to start from scratch. Also all the cast members have moved on to other projects. Bakula in Men of a Certain Age. Blalock in Legend of the Seeker. I have suggested an all new series based on the Romulan War. Paramount saw that Enterprise wasn't making them money so I don't think for that reason that they would want to bring it back. They would need a Trek series that made money and did at least a 10.0 ratings share or more each week to make it on CBS.

Users browsing this forum: wissa