Favourite Episode

OtakuJo

Report this Jan. 09 2010, 3:53 pm

Here comes the beginning of the fifth season... And unlike some of the others this really is the first disc.

okay Let's do it.

Apocalypse Rising: Sisko, O'Brien, Worf, and Odo on a mission into Klingon space to see if they can turn Gowron into goop.

The Ship: Jem'Hadar ship crashes upside down on that planet with lots of rocks, and Sisko calls Finders Keepers.

Looking for Par'Mach in all the Wrong Places: Worf helps Quark get some Klingon action.

...Nor the Battle to the Strong: Bashir and Jake take a runabout to some colony where the Klingons are attacking.

Speaking personally, I do kind of think of the fifth season as being the mark where we start getting into "later bits of DS9." Not sure how easy it's going to be to pick faves from here!

EzrianBashirax

Report this Jan. 09 2010, 4:01 pm

All of these are good episodes, at least three of them are great. (Par'mach is more of a light-hearted episode, even if it does begin the relationship between Jadzia and Worf.) I'd have to go with ...Nor the Battle to the Strong because of what it does for the character development of Jake.

TheDriver

Report this Jan. 09 2010, 4:10 pm

Dammit. These are ALL excellent episodes!

Sheesh...

I'll have to think about this one some more before I cast my vote.

EdwardTivruskyIV

Report this Jan. 09 2010, 8:27 pm

Worf helping the Ferringi so he can vicariously get some. Outstanding stuff.

EmpokNorStationManager

POSTS: 2034

Report this Jan. 09 2010, 9:41 pm

I think 3/4 are terrific episodes. ¿Once again, another reason to hail DS9 as the most pragmatic of the Star Trek series. ¿Topics and situations that most people can identify with - albiet in environments that we can't identify with... ¿like having the opportunity to date Terry Farrell.  :kiss:

LtPondwater9

Report this Jan. 09 2010, 9:44 pm

The Ship.

I love episodes that take place and feature other technologies than the standard Federation/Cardassian ...we've been seeing. I found it interesting that there were no chairs, no mess, and no infirmary, nothing for comfort...no anything but the basic components to run the ship.

The Runner up would be: Apocalypse Rising.
Martok...who knew. Although, I thought Gowron was {Blank}ed up leader, even though he wasn't the changeling.

EmpokNorStationManager

POSTS: 2034

Report this Jan. 09 2010, 9:45 pm

Quote (LtPondwater9 @ Jan. 09 2010, 9:44 pm)
The Runner up would be: Apocalypse Rising.
Martok...who knew. Altough, I thought Gowron was {Blank}ed up leader, even though he wasn't the changeling.

I can buy into your analysis...  Irony was definitely in play during almost every episode of DS9...  yet another reason to love...

LtPondwater9

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 2:07 am

Quote (EmpokNorStationManager @ Jan. 09 2010, 9:45 pm)
Quote (LtPondwater9 @ Jan. 09 2010, 9:44 pm)
The Runner up would be: Apocalypse Rising.

I can buy into your analysis... Irony was definitely in play during almost every episode of DS9... yet another reason to love...

I hate to detract from the thread but haven't seen you around in ages. Welcome back!! :D

And I agree, It's best thing about DS9.

juliansgirl7

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 1:37 pm

"Nor The Battle to the Strong" For me

But I also like "Apocalypse Rising" and "Looking For Par Mach in All The Wrong places"

kvlc

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 2:41 pm

I thought The Ship was a step in a really new direction for Trek. If not for the scene where Sisko and the Vorta meet outside, this would be the perfect example of how to build tension; they're trapped in the claustrophobic Jem'Hadar ship and they can hear enemies all around them, combined with Muniz slowly dying. These deaths weren't just random goldshirts anymore.

EmpokNorStationManager

POSTS: 2034

Report this Jan. 10 2010, 4:52 pm

Quote (LtPondwater9 @ Jan. 10 2010, 2:07 am)
Quote (EmpokNorStationManager @ Jan. 09 2010, 9:45 pm)
Quote (LtPondwater9 @ Jan. 09 2010, 9:44 pm)
The Runner up would be: Apocalypse Rising.

And I agree, It's best thing about DS9.

Thanx Lt. Pondwater...  It's great to be back...  been far too long - but that's what a kid will do to ya...  :)

ssmukhi

Report this Jan. 11 2010, 3:17 am

I voted Nor the Battle to the Strong, because it shows the horrors of war from a civilian's perspective. Also because it reminded me a lot of a M*A*S*H episode.

Parmach was nice too. It was hilarious seeing Worf remote controlling Quark like some puppet! :laugh:

Mantaray

Report this Jan. 11 2010, 11:31 am

Do hard to pick as each episode had many different aspects that I liked.

juliansgirl7

Report this Jan. 11 2010, 12:37 pm

Par Mach Is definitely Cyrano!

subytrek

Report this Jan. 12 2010, 5:35 pm

I really liked The Ship especially, when at the end you find out the main reason the Vorta and Jem'Hadar weren't leaving was to rescue the Founder that was aboard.