Next Generation Reboot

requiemtx

Report this Jan. 03 2010, 10:46 am

I imagine in 20 years or so we might see a reboot of the Next Generation TV show or movie.  I wonder what changes they would make?

Overall I really enjoyed the show but there are some minor points I would like to see improved:

1) no more wigs for Troi and Crusher.  Let the new actresses use their real hair.  I always found the wigs horrible and distracting.

2) fashion - Get Tim Gunn and his designers to make clothing that doesnt look like a blind ape put it together.  The uniforms were great, but all the aliens outfits were ugly and uninspired

3) Acting - Stewart and Spiner were great, Dorn got his character down, but sometimes the acting from the regular cast was painful.  It seemed all they wanted to do was get through delivering their technical lines and get the scene over with. It really stood out when good actors like Dwight Shultz came on board and brought so much personality to his character.

4) Directors - get directors that love star trek, too often I felt that the director didnt try to bring any emotion to a scene and really just wanted to complete the episode and collect their paycheck.

5) Writers - again use people that love Trek, or at least make every writer take a course of trek and watch each episode and movie, this way they can get some fresh ideas.

Any more thoughts?

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Jan. 03 2010, 1:16 pm

Troi and Crusher wore wigs?

requiemtx

Report this Jan. 03 2010, 1:36 pm

oh yeah.  When you watch interviews with the actresses their hair had much less volume and often complained about the hairpieces.

Another reason why DS9 was the best show.  The women were allowed to be more natural.

PhantasmX

Report this Jan. 03 2010, 6:08 pm

4 and 5 might be impossible to come by in Hollywood nowadays. As long as the director can make the studio money, the job goes to that director.

I can tell you now that Michael Bay is NO fan of Transformers. But he sure can rake in boat loads of money for Hollywood.

That's the only thing matter.

challengerdyer

Report this Jan. 03 2010, 9:36 pm

They will never reboot STTNG.

Then they have to reboot STDS9?  Voyager???  No way.

DeannaTRiker

Report this Jan. 03 2010, 9:48 pm

Quote (challengerdyer @ Jan. 02 2010, 10:36 pm)
They will never reboot STTNG. ¿

Then they have to reboot STDS9? ¿Voyager??? ¿No way.

Umm... how does that follow?

Vger23

Report this Jan. 04 2010, 10:14 pm

TNG won't be rebooted. This question comes up at least 3 times a month now.

TNG doesn't have the mass-appeal or cultural recongition that TOS had. TNG was essentially a "remake" of TOS (albeit a very GOOD remake). The likelihood of their "rebooting" a "remake" are slim to none.

subytrek

Report this Jan. 05 2010, 7:44 pm

Yeah, I tend to agree with what you say; although anything is possible. TOS just had a much bigger impact on the general public than TNG so I doubt very much there will be a remake of it.

Captan_jean_luc_picard_1A

Report this Jan. 06 2010, 11:31 am

Quote (requiemtx @ Jan. 03 2010, 10:46 am)
I imagine in 20 years or so we might see a reboot of the Next Generation TV show or movie. ¿I wonder what changes they would make?

1) no more wigs for Troi and Crusher. ¿Let the new actresses use their real hair. ¿I always found the wigs horrible and distracting.

2) fashion - Get Tim Gunn and his designers to make clothing that doesnt look like a blind ape put it together. ¿The uniforms were great, but all the aliens outfits were ugly and uninspired

3) Acting - Stewart and Spiner were great, Dorn got his character down, but sometimes the acting from the regular cast was painful. ¿It seemed all they wanted to do was get through delivering their technical lines and get the scene over with. It really stood out when good actors like Dwight Shultz came on board and brought so much personality to his character.

Any more thoughts?

I am not for the reboot.  And I found that most of the actors were good and most of the Next Gen epicodes were wonderful.

I am not looking forward to a Next Generation reboot.

I will not watch it sense they will probably have the new riker having sex with a Bolian female in the mess hall.

Ali88

Report this Jan. 06 2010, 12:23 pm

The Next generation will get rebooted?

To Boldly go where all fans have gone before

Zion11

Report this Jan. 06 2010, 3:41 pm

Quote (requiemtx @ Jan. 03 2010, 10:46 am)

Any more thoughts?

wait a minute troi and crusher wore wigs?i honestly did not know that.

Zion11

Report this Jan. 06 2010, 11:51 pm

Quote (requiemtx @ Jan. 03 2010, 10:46 am)

Any more thoughts?

troi and crusher wore wigs?

SpaceClown77

Report this Jan. 07 2010, 4:46 am

Quote (starbase63 @ Jan. 04 2010, 9:42 am)
Quote (challengerdyer @ Jan. 03 2010, 9:36 pm)
They will never reboot STTNG. ?

Then they have to reboot STDS9? ?Voyager??? ?No way.

Keep one thing very much in mind:

TOS fans said the same thing...and look what happened.

If Paramount or CBS feel they can make money off a TNG reboot...you bet your thruster they'll do it.

:logical:

Correct.

Never say never guys. Next Gen is just a iconic as TOS. Picard and Data are just as recognizable as Kirk and Spock.

If they made FC into a success, then they can do it again somewhere down the line with an all new cast. Yep, rebooting TNG is quite possible.

I'm thinking of a big screen version of ''Best of Both Worlds''....

SpaceClown77

Report this Jan. 07 2010, 4:47 am

Quote (Zion11 @ Jan. 06 2010, 3:41 pm)
Quote (requiemtx @ Jan. 03 2010, 10:46 am)
I imagine in 20 years or so we might see a reboot of the Next Generation TV show or movie. ?I wonder what changes they would make?

1) no more wigs for Troi and Crusher. ?Let the new actresses use their real hair. ?I always found the wigs horrible and distracting.

2) fashion - Get Tim Gunn and his designers to make clothing that doesnt look like a blind ape put it together. ?The uniforms were great, but all the aliens outfits were ugly and uninspired

3) Acting - Stewart and Spiner were great, Dorn got his character down, but sometimes the acting from the regular cast was painful. ?It seemed all they wanted to do was get through delivering their technical lines and get the scene over with. It really stood out when good actors like Dwight Shultz came on board and brought so much personality to his character.

Any more thoughts?

wait a minute troi and crusher wore wigs?i honestly did not know that.

I also never thought they wore wigs, it sounds like utter rubbish to me.

Zion11

Report this Jan. 07 2010, 3:37 pm

Quote (SpaceClown77 @ Jan. 07 2010, 4:47 am)
Quote (Zion11 @ Jan. 06 2010, 3:41 pm)
Quote (requiemtx @ Jan. 03 2010, 10:46 am)

Any more thoughts?

wait a minute troi and crusher wore wigs?i honestly did not know that.

I also never thought they wore wigs, it sounds like utter rubbish to me.

yea i know whats wrong with their hair? what they did not make picard where a wig and he is bald i guess they have to be bald to get their part. did they really need to let their hair just not be in a wig because people look more pretty without a wig what do you think?

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra