Most annoying recurring character

DeannaTRiker

Report this Dec. 27 2009, 6:23 am

As I was writing this post, I thought I was going to vote for Q... he was the character that absolutely annoyed me... I couldn't believe he kept coming back.

Then... I remembered Troi's mother... *sigh* I liked Nurse Chapel, but not Lwaxana Troi.

Q, in fact, made the transition to Deep Space 9 more bearable...

TashaYar86

Report this Dec. 27 2009, 2:24 pm

Guinan :sick:

PhantasmX

Report this Dec. 27 2009, 6:48 pm

All the above

captbates

Report this Dec. 27 2009, 8:05 pm

Well technically Q and Lwaxana were suposed to be annoying, but they were still great characters.

I don't get how anyone could find Guinan annoying and Chief O'Brian is one of Treks best characters.

DeannaTRiker

Report this Dec. 27 2009, 8:23 pm

Quote (captbates @ Dec. 26 2009, 9:05 pm)

OK... OK... I agree. The IDEA of Q was awesome. I started out as a fan of TOS ... and didn't even think I could get through the first few episodes of TNG... Q was timeless... and seemed like he belonged on the TOS which I really appreciated. But as he kept coming back and wreaking pointless havoc on the Enterprise, he started feeling like a bad joke and the episodes like filler/recycled episodes. Same with Lwaxana...

Chief O'Brian annoyed me mainly because he kept appearing and disappearing from the show. He should have been a stronger character -- I guess he got his chance on DS9. Also, he got a bit too much of a negative attitude which is not that great in a Starfleet Officer.

DeannaTRiker

Report this Dec. 29 2009, 9:29 pm

I know people are looking but why are you not posting or voting??? :cool:

BrotherofShran01

Report this Dec. 31 2009, 8:52 pm

Reg Barclay

patiencepie

Report this Jan. 06 2010, 4:42 pm

Q in a GOOD way. We love Q coz he is such a brat!

Swahi24

Report this Jan. 06 2010, 5:49 pm

Luxanna Troi. :sick:

kludge77

Report this Jan. 06 2010, 7:24 pm

Keiko O'Brian!!  Doubly so in DS9. I was rooting for a stray phaser shot on Data's Day.

ssmukhi

Report this Jan. 07 2010, 3:30 am

Quote (DeannaTRiker @ Dec. 28 2009, 9:23 am)

Because he's not an officer. His rank is Chief Petty Officer which is still Enlisted and non-commisioned.

I would think Lwaxana was the most annoying. However, she showed some redeeming qualities in the episodes "Half a Life" and "Dark Page". "Dark Page" sort of explained why she was so annoying. She was covering up her grief. As a parent, I totally understand that.

Now Keiko has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. She was a nag, and insulting to Miles at times even in DS9. So she is the most annoying.

DeannaTRiker

Report this Jan. 07 2010, 3:48 am

Quote (ssmukhi @ Jan. 06 2010, 4:30 am)
Quote (DeannaTRiker @ Dec. 28 2009, 9:23 am)

Chief O'Brian was a Scotty wanna-be. Still, I like him on DS9. But I feel sorry for Keiko. Their marriage was realistic and I can identify with her sacrifices.

Lwaxana supposedly blocked out all the memory of her other daughter... so I don't know if she is covering up her grief.

ssmukhi

Report this Jan. 07 2010, 5:37 am

Quote (DeannaTRiker @ Jan. 07 2010, 4:48 pm)

I often say in the DS9 board that I see no difference in Keiko's behavior in normal episodes than in "The Assignment" where she was possesed by the Pah'wraith.  :laugh:

Lwaxana may have blocked out her memory in her conscious mind. However I'm sure it was eating her up subconsciously. Ask any parent who has lost a child.

kludge77

Report this Jan. 07 2010, 12:26 pm

Quote (DeannaTRiker @ Jan. 06 2010, 12:48 pm)

What sacrifices? She up and leaves for months at a time with the kid to pursue her own goals, while O'Brian is left alone on the Station.

When she does come back she scolds and reprimands him. What a joy! I would have rigged a conduit to overload... :laugh:

DeannaTRiker

Report this Jan. 07 2010, 8:02 pm

Quote (kludge77 @ Jan. 06 2010, 1:26 pm)
Quote (DeannaTRiker @ Jan. 06 2010, 12:48 pm)

I just started watching DS9. Don't give too much away! It's the TNG thread.

However, when I mention "sacrifices" I mean that she went with O'Brien to DS9 because he got a promotion and she had nothing to do. So she's sitting around the station with the kid, wishes she could pursue her studies in botany or at least have something meaningful to do -- that's a very common sacrifice for a marriage. It was very interesting to see that kind of relationship and problem in ST.