Best Performance

AtoZ2

Report this Dec. 22 2009, 10:07 pm

Out of the recast crew, who in your opinion gave the best performance in Star Trek 2009?

1701AtoE

Report this Dec. 22 2009, 11:00 pm

They were all pretty good. Tough one to call but I think Karl Urban really gave a great performance on being McCoy and that really stood out for me as a fan. Both Quintos and Pine gave great performance as well overall.

4_of_20

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 2:17 am

Karl Urban. Hands down.

MrsStarbuck

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 7:20 am

Well I was torn between Urban and Quinto because they were the two standouts for me...but in the end I went with Quinto, possibly because I'm biased due to Spock being my fave character and Quinto being already one of my fave new actors.

And this is something that maybe I should clarify...no matter what my issues with Spock in STXI, I did think that Quinto delivered perfectly with what he was given to work with, and I can't wait to see where he takes the character next :)

Mirrorgirl

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 8:18 am

For me (and believe me I NEVER thought I would be saying this) it is Chris Pine all the way. I liked his performance the first time, but the more I watch it the more I LOVE, love, love it.

After that I really enjoyed Quinto and Yelchin, Urban and Pegg and Bruce Greenwood.

CatchMeIfYouKhan

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 8:41 am

My vote goes to Chris Pine. I thought he was simply wonderful as a younger Kirk who grew up differently from prime Kirk, yet seeking that same destiny. (and he kind of look's like my husband, so I'm naturally attracted to him)
I loved it when he ask prime Spock if he knew his father in the other time line! That was very moving.

Mirrorgirl

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 8:49 am

Quote (CatchMeIfYouKhan @ Dec. 23 2009, 10:41 pm)

Welcome to the Boards CatchMeIfYouKhan (love your screen name  :laugh: )

You are obviously a woman after my own heart.  :D

DarthRage

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 9:35 am

Thought Urban was superb. Pine was great too. Quinto's Spock was good, but no one can fill Nimoy's shoes (or his voice, which I love). And after several viewings, Yeltsin's Chekov has really grown on me. I love his enthusiasm. Uhura I hope gets more meat in her next role, also with Pegg's Scotty.

Vger23

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 9:46 am

Urban and Greenwood were awesome, but Pine was absolutely off the charts. He stole the movie, in my opinion.

GRKiller

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 9:46 am

I'd say its a tie between Chirs Pine, Karl Urban, and Zachary Quinto. They all did a great job. Zoe Saldana and Simon Pegg did a good job too.

teya1020

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 11:35 am

Given that I've read here that Uhura was played as "unfeminine" (although I still don't know what that means), I was tempted to vote for Zoe.

But Quinto just nailed it, so he got my vote.

DataLady91

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 3:00 pm

Karl Urban, hands down. It was almost scary to watch his performance, because he had Bones down to a T. It was almost like DeForest Kelley's spirit had come upon him in that movie - Karl had De's mannerisms and everything - he even sounded just like him. I think if De had been alive to see the movie, he would've been proud of Karl.

JM1ICEMAN

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 6:15 pm

While Pine and Quinto both did above fine jobs portraying their characters, Urban was most outstanding.

:logical:

Mirrorgirl

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 6:44 pm

Quote (Vger23 @ Dec. 23 2009, 11:46 pm)

Right with you there Vger.  :cool:

Youtoo34

Report this Dec. 23 2009, 6:47 pm

Definitely Chris Pine. He did a great job without doing an impression of Shatner. I enjoyed Urban's performance, but it was too much like an impersonation for my liking.