Would It Have Been Better Having The

TrekFan1701E

Report this Dec. 16 2009, 5:53 pm

What if the Reptilians found out that the Sphere Builders were deceiving them? The Sphere Builders would able to take control of the weapon and launch it then Reptilians would help out trying to destroy the weapon?

Also would it have been cool to have the Xindi Insectiods the same race as the Jarada in that TNG episode where Picard had to pronouce their greeting right? Or maybe distant cousins of them? I wonder why the writers never thought of that TNG species?

grigori

Report this Dec. 16 2009, 6:06 pm

I don't think the Reptilians cared if they'd been deceived--at this point in time they've benefitted enough to put themselves in a position of power, and are more than "ready to take it from here".

I can't see them even caring about the areas of the Expanse devastated by the Spheres.

kvlc

Report this Dec. 16 2009, 6:11 pm

They way it was done maintains a strong villain and yet leaves the Reptilians rather innocent, since they were being deceived.  I think it makes the story more appealing when the Xindi are divided.

Dbear1

Report this Dec. 16 2009, 6:15 pm

Some people have complained about the humanoids and the primates being the two races that helped the crew, because they thought it was a copout making the two races closest to us be the so called good guys.

I personally would not have minded seeing the insectoids or Reptilians be the good guys, but I also was not really upset about it one way or another.

If I remember right, in one of the commentaries I think they mentioned that at first they thought of making the aquatics the good guys, but the CGI requirements made that impractical.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Dec. 16 2009, 6:38 pm

Quote (Dbear1 @ Dec. 16 2009, 6:15 pm)

I was saying having all the Xindi species come together to help Archer and crew against the Sphere Builders.

batouyukinawa

Report this Dec. 16 2009, 6:40 pm

Interesting. I kind of found that Xindi thing a little ridiculous. The reptilians looked like something out of a buck rogers movie. They were colorful and almost comical in appearance. I wished B&B reduced the Xindi down to something more realistic, such as the two species found in "Dear doctor". To me, the whole premise wasn't very star trek.

On a side note. Anyone ever notice how we humans have various races throughout our entire world, yet other aliens have almost become one single race. Take the Vulcans for example. You don't actually see any differentiation between them. Archer's bridge crew alone  consist of an Asian, and an African american. Are we lead to believe such diversity would only be reserved for earth? It's like encountering humans yet all they meet is white Caucasians. I realize Voyager had a dark complected Vulcan, however I'm referring only to Enterprise. Considering Enterprise was the latter series; you would think there would be far more diversity portrayed in Alien species.

Dbear1

Report this Dec. 16 2009, 6:46 pm

One of the xinidi humanoids was black, plus we saw other mixed race representation in other episodes like Extinction.

As for the Vulcans, since their entire planet is really only one ecosystem (desert) it would not be that unusual that most of them would be a single race.  Although I did notice that non-cast member vulcans usually had a much more green complexion then main cast vulcans in many of the shows.

subytrek

Report this Dec. 16 2009, 6:50 pm

True. But, you did mention Tuvok, a black Vulcan. I have also seen black Bajorans on DS9 in the background. So, even though it wasn't shown extensively I believe the various alien races are very diverse.

batouyukinawa

Report this Dec. 16 2009, 6:57 pm

Yeah, I realize that. Still one has to admit there was no attention drawn to that diversity. I just figure they could have had one Black/Asian Vulcan with dialog as to bring attention and validation to this diversity. Instead we saw one White Vulcan after another.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Dec. 16 2009, 7:47 pm

Quote (trekbuff @ Dec. 16 2009, 7:07 pm)
The Xindi should have been the Xendi to relate to the Xendi Sabu reference.

The insectoids could have been the Jarada from TNG and they were on tentative terms with the Federation for those 20 years until the TNG episode The Big Goodbye. Could Torona IV inside the Jaradan sector have been in Xendi space? Why not???

The Reptilians could have ended up being like the Klingons, yet just fine with protecting their part of space and not interested in empire building.

Interesting, TrekFan1701E

Thanks. I wonder if they didn't because they would have had to pay a license fee just like how they didn't make Lt. Paris be Nick Lacarno on Voyager?

Also the Xindi were serving on Enterprise J so how why would the Jarada feel insulted if the Human Captains who met with them say that welcome greating wrong and cause a rift between them and the Federation? If they made the Jarada the Xindi Insectoids?

batouyukinawa

Report this Dec. 16 2009, 9:06 pm

Well in reference to TNG, I don't believe any consistencies are a matter of concern. I just watched a first season episode of TNG where the Telarites were essentially human. I believe we all know they don't look this way in Enterprise.

whyaduck

Report this Dec. 17 2009, 10:51 am

Yanks - instead of the test strike, how would you have made SF aware of the Xindi threat? Just curious.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Dec. 17 2009, 5:01 pm

Quote (Yanks @ Dec. 17 2009, 11:10 am)
Quote (whyaduck @ Dec. 17 2009, 10:51 am)

Oh, just off the top of my head...

The Andorians enter the expanse trying to figure out what the Vulcans (Salaya) are up to, stumble upon a weapons test strike on a moon and are astounded at the power of this weapon, do some investigating and find out that "the pink-skins" are the target.

How's that? :laugh:

Yanks I have suggested before about replacing the Xindi with the Romulan's would this have been better? The Suliban could have been chasing a Romulan through the cornfield and Farmer Moore would see the Suliban and the Romulan then the Romulan turns and blows up the silo but he is too close and gets incinerated.

Or if they would exlpain to the audience that things would be different in the TNG because of First Contact. So the Human's could see the Romulan's and the Romulan would be shot by Farmer Moore and brought to the Hospital and Archer, T'Pol and Soval would have a mystery on their hands because they would see the Romulan and have to keep it a secret?

TrekFan1701E

Report this Dec. 17 2009, 5:03 pm

Quote (Yanks @ Dec. 17 2009, 10:45 am)
Quote (trekbuff @ Dec. 16 2009, 7:07 pm)
The Xindi should have been the Xendi to relate to the Xendi Sabu reference.

Interesting, TrekFan1701E

Nice T.

That would have maybe "fit" better.

But, I'll go on record and say the only thing I didn't "like" about the Xindi, was the test strike. We didn't need the swath and 7 million dead to put Enteprise and Archer on that mission.

Take that out of the plot and everything is OK.

Thanks. Other's in here have suggested if they were the same race but I thought if they just did that it would be a way to connect Enterprise to TNG.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Dec. 17 2009, 5:13 pm

Quote (trekbuff @ Dec. 17 2009, 5:10 pm)
Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Dec. 17 2009, 5:03 pm)
Quote (Yanks @ Dec. 17 2009, 10:45 am)
Quote (trekbuff @ Dec. 16 2009, 7:07 pm)
The Xindi should have been the Xendi to relate to the Xendi Sabu reference.

Interesting, TrekFan1701E

Nice T.

That would have maybe "fit" better.

Take that out of the plot and everything is OK.

Yes, but in retrospect, it would have connected TNG chronologically with ENT... :idea:

It really was a good topic and suggestion, TrekFan1701E :)

Do you think it could have been the license fee as to why they didn't do it?

Users browsing this forum: crimsyn