Bring back Nicholas Meyer for the last TNG movie

Ali88

Report this Dec. 04 2009, 11:38 am

With the commerical and critical success of JJ Abram's star trek, there is a future for star trek and there should be room in that future for one more TNG movie and Nicholas Meyer should be brought back in to write and direct the movie

Even if there will be another TNG movie, I think there would be only one more cause of age with the cast espeically with Brent Spiner

But I think the TNG cast could pull it off to do one more movie and Meyer should direct the film

Star Trek 2 and 6 are the two best trek movies by far IMO and both movies were written and directed by Meyer himself

Meyer was offered to direct Nemesis but declined because of lack of creative control so if Meyer was given creative control over Nemesis, he would have most likely rewritten the whole script for nemesis, like he did with The Wrath of Khan and we all know Meyer's Nemesis would have been the best trek movie since Star Trek VI or maybe even since star trek II

Meyer gave us fans a great send for TOS and now it's time he gives us one for TNG

I know some of you might be thinking that a TNG movie would not do well well at the boxx office because TNG isn't very popular with a general audience but I think it would do well enough but it shouldn't be released at the same time as one of Abram's sequels cause it would fail

TargMeat1999

Report this Dec. 04 2009, 11:41 am

The "last" TNG movie was already made, chuckles, and Meyer didn't direct it

let it go

Ali88

Report this Dec. 04 2009, 11:45 am

This is Brent Spiner of this year

I think he could get away with playing Data one more time

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Dec. 04 2009, 11:47 am

Quote (Ali88 @ Dec. 04 2009, 8:45 am)

This is Brent Spiner of this year

I think he could get away with playing Data one more time

Your joking right? What are they going to do? Have Data on a Hover-Round wheel chair?

Give it up he is too old and doesn't want to reprise the role.

TargMeat1999

Report this Dec. 04 2009, 11:50 am

TNG is done. It had a fantastic run...7 well-received seasons and 4 major motion pictures

why drag it out for one last installment which would likely be embarassing for the actors, fans, and franchise???

Stop it already. I beg it of you

Ali88

Report this Dec. 04 2009, 11:52 am

Quote (starbase63 @ Dec. 04 2009, 11:48 am)
Quote (Ali88 @ Dec. 04 2009, 11:45 am)
This is Brent Spiner of this year

I think he could get away with playing Data one more time

You're not serious, are you?

Ali, when will you understand Spiner didn't want to play Data anymore...that's why the character was killed off. Spiner was smart enough to realize he was getting older and playing an android who didn't age wasn't working.

:logical:

I know that but I thought the ending of Nemesis hinted the possibility of a sequel, Patrick Stewart had said this and didn't he say he was expecting a sequel to Nemesis?

Besides I'm hoping someone will convince Spiner to come back and with today's digitial effects, Spiner could pull it off

Ali88

Report this Dec. 04 2009, 1:07 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ Dec. 04 2009, 12:00 pm)
Quote (Ali88 @ Dec. 04 2009, 11:52 am)
Quote (starbase63 @ Dec. 04 2009, 11:48 am)
Quote (Ali88 @ Dec. 04 2009, 11:45 am)
This is Brent Spiner of this year

I think he could get away with playing Data one more time

You're not serious, are you?

:logical:

It's not going to happen, Ali.

You won't see the TNG characters again until Paramount decides to reboot it in the movies or CBS reboots it on TV.

:logical:

To be honest, I don't think TNG will ever get rebooted, at least not on TV, maybe on film

Let me ask you this starbase 63

Did you like Nemesis and do you think it is a good enough finale for TNG?

Ali88

Report this Dec. 04 2009, 1:30 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ Dec. 04 2009, 1:16 pm)
Quote (Ali88 @ Dec. 04 2009, 1:07 pm)
Quote (starbase63 @ Dec. 04 2009, 12:00 pm)
Quote (Ali88 @ Dec. 04 2009, 11:52 am)
Quote (starbase63 @ Dec. 04 2009, 11:48 am)
Quote (Ali88 @ Dec. 04 2009, 11:45 am)
This is Brent Spiner of this year

I think he could get away with playing Data one more time

You're not serious, are you?

:logical:

It's not going to happen, Ali.

:logical:

Let me ask you this starbase 63

Did you like Nemesis and do you think it is a good enough finale for TNG?

Nemesis? Outside of seeing it as TNG's take on STII:TWOK, it was okay...not the best Trek movie ever, though arguably not the worst (STV holds that dishonor in my book).

I don't think they saw it as the last TNG movie, so it really can't be looked at as TNG's finale. In fact, TNG's true finale was "All Good Things..." Anything after that was encores and curtain calls.

My guess is had Nemesis actually done well, there would have been at least one more TNG movie...albeit without Data.

:logical:

yeah I agree that "All Good Things" was the true TNG finale

But should Q have come back in any of the movies or was "All good things" a good finale for Q in TNG too?

if Nemesis was a Q movie instead, I think it would have been like an epic movie version of "All Good Things" but ti would have been interesting

lion_tone

Report this Dec. 04 2009, 2:34 pm

I'm not dogging on TNG, but its time is done, and it will never, ever be rebooted.

Vger23

Report this Dec. 04 2009, 2:49 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ Dec. 04 2009, 2:38 pm)
Quote (lion_tone @ Dec. 04 2009, 2:34 pm)

I said the same thing about TOS and look what happened...

Never say never. If Paramount or CBS thought they could make a good return on a TNG reboot? Bet your thrusters they'd do it.

:logical:

But TOS was the original. Everything else is derivitive of that. Rebooting TNG would be ALMOST like rebooting a reboot. So, it's hard to argue against your statement that Paramount or CBS would do it if they ever thought they would make money off of it. What I'm saying is that Paramount or CBS is probably never going to think that.

I think the odds are INCREDIBLY SLIM of ever seeing a "reboot" of TNG for that reason. The closest we might get would be some kind of animated feature, which might be cool.

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Dec. 05 2009, 2:06 am

Quote (ServalanFan @ Dec. 04 2009, 7:37 pm)
I don't think Brent Spiner should be an issue to prevent a new TNG movie. In StarTrex XI the new actors mostly had no resemblence to their older selves. I don't think that's anybody's main criticism of the movie.

There are a couple of ways I can think of to cover Brent Spiner's aging:
1. Have a new actor play Data. (Data could easily change his appearance/voice - he is an android after all)
2. Have Data artificially age himself because he has married and his wife thinks its creepy that he doesn't.
3. Just ignore it. (I mean who really cares if you love Data then you'll be glad to have him back in any way)

I like option 2, his mom could age, so could he.

Option 1 no, just to weird, it's way to early.

Option 3 works to.

stovokor2000

Report this Dec. 05 2009, 3:31 am

Quote (ServalanFan @ Dec. 04 2009, 7:37 pm)

Thats not really nesesary.

They once mentioned that Data had a "ageing" program which caused him to look as if he was ageing.

SpaceClown77

Report this Dec. 05 2009, 4:12 am

When JJTrek flops at the box office and stumbles badly with fans, it just has to happen once, Paramount/CBS will order a reboot of TNG. Bet your ass on it. That's what Hollywood loves doing: endless reboots/remakes.

Never say never again...

HaventGotALife

Report this Dec. 05 2009, 4:26 am

Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Dec. 03 2009, 12:47 pm)
Quote (Ali88 @ Dec. 04 2009, 8:45 am)

This is Brent Spiner of this year

I think he could get away with playing Data one more time

Give it up he is too old and doesn't want to reprise the role.

Yes, he's way too old to be in a Trek film.

SpaceClown77

Report this Dec. 05 2009, 4:57 am

Quote (HaventGotALife @ Dec. 05 2009, 4:26 am)

Man, I was so shocked to see how Nimoy had aged since I last so him in TUC. He's almost unrecognizable. His voice was also very different as well, I understand why though.

I hope he retires from playing Spock now, it's too sad seeming like this. He's almost 80!

Users browsing this forum: wissa, wissa, FleetAdmiral_BamBam