Why we Hate Nemesis

AtoZ2

Report this Nov. 28 2009, 10:47 pm

Lets face it, Nemesis sucked and that's never going to change.
So post it here. Fell free to tear it apart.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Nov. 28 2009, 10:49 pm

Why? I actually enjoyed Nemesis a lot actually. :p

RomulusRemus

Report this Nov. 28 2009, 10:53 pm

I liked Nemesis too.
Could have used more Romulans and Donatra, though.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Nov. 28 2009, 11:09 pm

Yes more Romulans would have been nice!

tggell

Report this Nov. 28 2009, 11:16 pm

I actually enjoyed Nemesis better that Insurrection.

SaturnsRings

Report this Nov. 28 2009, 11:23 pm

As a lover of all Trek movies I really enjoyed Nemesis and my appreciation for it has grown.

gof

Report this Nov. 28 2009, 11:35 pm

1. script was leaked early and we got to pick apart the flick BEFORE it came out. So we made a decision BEFORE seeing it on what we thought about it, we didnt give it a chance at all.

2. They kept saying it was going to be like Khan or something. Shouldnt do that.

3. The out of nowhere 50's alien. The execution for the Reemans was pretty bad on all fronts.
There are OTHER Romulans that look like walking bats that have been there all the time and are a HUGE part of their society but we never saw them blah, blah, blah.

4. ANOTHER TNG movie with a Data story arc. How about exploring another character, like, LaForge or something? That would be nice.

TheTimeDoctor

Report this Nov. 29 2009, 12:41 am

I don't hate Nemesis, I love it.

Batteryman

Report this Nov. 29 2009, 7:33 am

I liked Nemesis too.  I was getting tired of the Borg, and a new "Nemesis" was a great idea, the action was good, the story great, seeing Romulans was a nice touch, and they killed off the bad guy (good move).  IMO we never saw enough of the Romulans.

The one bad thing was killing of Data.  Why there was no reason to do this?  IMO, dumb move, B4 dumb also.  If it aint broke dont fix it Data was probably one of the best characters why kill him off?

Dan NJ

WkdYngMan

Report this Nov. 29 2009, 7:37 am

I didn't hate it.  I liked it, but definitely some room for improvement.  It tried to come off darker than the film really was.

SpaceClown77

Report this Nov. 29 2009, 9:40 am

Quote (SaturnsRings @ Nov. 28 2009, 11:23 pm)

Same here.

NEM now resides just outside my great trilogy of Trek films: TWOK, TUC and FC. It's a flawed film, but IMO is better than it's reputation would have you believe.

SpaceClown77

Report this Nov. 29 2009, 9:41 am

Quote (RomulusRemus @ Nov. 28 2009, 10:53 pm)
Could have used more Romulans and Donatra, though.

Yes, that would've be nice.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Nov. 29 2009, 9:53 am

Quote (SpaceClown77 @ Nov. 29 2009, 6:40 am)
Quote (SaturnsRings @ Nov. 28 2009, 11:23 pm)

Same here.

I suppose one could call TWOK, TSFS & TVH  a great trilogy..... I have another name for TWOK.....

The  3 greatest (canon) TREK films, all TREK films are very good IMO:

TMP
NEM
TUC

I'd have to knock TUC off that list if I were to include ST:Of Gods and Men

Ali88

Report this Nov. 29 2009, 11:24 am

I think Nemesis is very underrated by a lot of fans

I thought it was good but not great

It was better than Generations and Insurrection but it needs a director's edition

If the director went back and trimmed some scenes and reinserted the 50 minutes worth of cut scenes back in, it would probably make it the best TNG movie

SpaceClown77

Report this Nov. 29 2009, 3:03 pm

Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Nov. 29 2009, 9:53 am)
The 3 greatest (canon) TREK films, all TREK films are very good IMO: