Who is the best Voyager Character and Why

Voyager801

Report this Nov. 09 2009, 4:55 pm

Choose your favourite Voyager character and explain why you chose that character. I'm sorry if I missed anyone. If I did pick your second favourite and explain.

LtPondwater9

Report this Nov. 09 2009, 5:19 pm

Seven.

Borg being one of my favorite species besides the Cardassians. She has such a melange of knowledge thanks to being assimilated.

teya1020

Report this Nov. 09 2009, 5:24 pm

Seven.

Because she refuses to give up, no matter how much the Voyager crew disses her, no matter how much Janeway downplays her contributions to the ship & crew, no matter how much Janeway and the Doctor seek to turn her into a Mini-Me, she remains her own person.

The vulnerability under the cold surface is... fascinating.

teya1020

Report this Nov. 09 2009, 5:24 pm

Quote (LtPondwater9 @ Nov. 09 2009, 5:19 pm)
Seven.

So vote in the poll....

voyfan99

Report this Nov. 09 2009, 5:34 pm

I like Seven as well, but have to go with Janeway, Mulgrew did a great job with that character

daniliescu

Report this Nov. 09 2009, 6:12 pm

Tuvok was well done

DRAGON_ROSE

Report this Nov. 11 2009, 2:08 am

for me it's a three way ( keep it clean boys) tie between chakotay, neelix and b'lanna.

i forgot 7 hope i won't be assimilated. :O  she'd great. so that makes it square. :cool:

IHeartHarryKim

Report this Nov. 12 2009, 2:18 pm

Harry Kim is by far my favorite character on STV...not only is he uber cute but he has such a sweet personality...*drool*... :p

exodus201

Report this Nov. 12 2009, 4:13 pm

Cool, we finally have Neelix & Harry fans on the board!

JOYOFVGR

Report this Nov. 12 2009, 4:50 pm

My favorite character is Janeway, but I wouldn't consider her the best. What makes Voyager a great show is that it had great characters. They all had their good points. Unfortunately, some were under-developed, but even they had really great potential.

Anyway, I'm going with Seven this time. I like the idea of an ex borg drone trying to become human again. Jeri did a great job in this role as well. She had a really cold exterior, but was vulnerable just under the surface. You could see this early on when she told Janeway to 'Return us to the collective.' Even though she spoke in that robotic voice, you could sense the strong emotions within her.

JOYOFVGR

Report this Nov. 12 2009, 4:56 pm

Quote (DrGojira @ Nov. 12 2009, 4:55 pm)
Seven of Nine. She changed the dynamic of the show for the better (a lot)looks great, and she can dance.

and sing. I would have thought you of all people would mention that. ;)  :p

Lynx677

Report this Nov. 12 2009, 5:42 pm

Kes.

A fascinating character. Nice and friendly but also strong-willed, determined, curious and smart with an ability to solve problems by moving around them and attacking them from another angle.

She personified the spirit of Star Trek in the show with her will to learn and explore.

exodus201

Report this Nov. 12 2009, 8:39 pm

While my favorite character is Seven.

The BEST character on Voyager was, The Doctor.

His quest for acceptance and to find his place in the world of humans is something I think everybody can identify with at some point in their lives. ¿His drive to be all he could be and be the best, it's a goal we should all strive for. ¿While he was a machine, he was far from perfect but he never allowed his faults to hold him back or discourage him from whatever he set his mind too. ¿

The EMH showed us all the human will to survive and too over come.
That message is more than the spirit of Trek but rather transends it.

SLagonia

Report this Nov. 12 2009, 10:57 pm

I'll go with The Doctor, with honorable mention to B'elanna and Tom.

JOYOFVGR

Report this Nov. 13 2009, 3:54 pm

Yep. I really like them too. But I'd still argue that Chakotay had the potential to be one of the best characters ever, but they never handled his character properly.

Users browsing this forum: crimsyn