The year 2012

Holberg

Report this Nov. 09 2009, 12:09 am

There is so much talk about the year 2012 now days it's hard to say what's what.
I'd like to know what you might think.
Have at it ;)

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Nov. 10 2009, 1:58 am

I've heard Armeggedon among other things, to me and what I believe the Mayans believed in. Is that it's a new beginning, not an end. To me also, it means hopefully a spiritual evolution.

lostshaker

Report this Nov. 10 2009, 2:13 am

I don't think the world is going to end as people generally interpret it. The Mayans were into cycles and I think a change is coming, but not necessarily in a disastrous way. I too am hoping for a spiritual (but not religious - the two are separate entities in book) or philosophical enlightenment. All that being said, I'm probably going to play it safe and go caving Dec. 21, 2012.

sisko76

Report this Nov. 10 2009, 5:37 am

in a billion years time it won't matter , we better be long gone from here bye then as the sun will be hot for life to continue on earth .

Holberg

Report this Nov. 10 2009, 10:28 am

Anyone think That the Mayans may have just run out of wall while carving :question:  ;)

TheRepublic

Report this Nov. 10 2009, 11:08 pm

What I find funny is that they had the calender wheel but never used the wheel to transport heavy items. Instead they just used drag sledges.

apothecary

Report this Nov. 11 2009, 7:45 am

2012=Hype.

I guarantee it.

Valdena

Report this Nov. 11 2009, 9:59 am

I started reading the book, it was so boring and repetitious after the 2nd chapter.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Nov. 11 2009, 11:10 am

Quote (sisko76 @ Nov. 10 2009, 2:37 am)

Actually by the time one reaches 80-85 years of age they will pass away and then there will be nothing to worry about.

Pooneil

Report this Nov. 11 2009, 3:43 pm

The Mayans ran out of room.

But assuming they didn't and they actually thought the world was going to end in some fashion in 2012, how the heck would they know that? I could predict that the world is going to end tomorrow, but it would be equally meaningless unless I had some evidence to back up my claim.

So basically, it will be like Y2K. No one will even remember it, and chances are the people who do decide to hype it up with focus on 1st January 2012, or 31st December, rather than whatever date the Mayans predicted.

tribblenator999

Report this Nov. 11 2009, 7:27 pm

I'm cracking open a beer. :)

juliansgirl7

Report this Nov. 12 2009, 10:15 am

Total BullSpit!

And why didn't they wait untill late 2011 to release that movie?

Seemed like better timing than 2 1/4 years early

Holberg

Report this Nov. 13 2009, 9:58 am

Quote (juliansgirl7 @ Nov. 12 2009, 10:15 am)
Total BullSpit!

And why didn't they wait untill late 2011 to release that movie?

Seemed like better timing than 2 1/4 years early

Money!! :laugh:
Their Ferengi ;)

Monad

Report this Nov. 18 2009, 7:48 am

I think Mayas is just another race with stupid legends but if by some strange way they actually had some knowledge of  the distraction of the world then since they were obsessed with the sun, if anything is gone a happen then it would be something caused by the sun.
Maybe some huge solar explosion that will cause huge magnetic waves that will destroy our satellites and cause problems on earth or something like that.

31st_Century_Temporal_Age
nt

Report this Nov. 18 2009, 10:27 am

I think if our lives on Earth drastically change in 2012 it will be because of our human races stupidity. Nuclear War, Chemical warfare. Swine Flu. Name it but any drastic change to our Earth most likely will be OUR fault!

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam