Star Trek fans

drellan

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 5:19 pm

How long have you been a fan?  My thoughts for the comments section: tell how long you've been a fan and then what movie direction you'd like to see for Trek XII. I'm simply curious to see the pattern between length of time as a fan and preference for the next movie.

drellan

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 5:22 pm

I myself have been a fan for 14 years. I actually became a fan when staying at my grandparents - who watch classic Star Trek.

My movie preference would see a handful of some of the best characters from the TNG/DS9/VOY shows into a movie. Such as Riker, Troi, Bashir, etc. Not too many to overdo it, just a small handful that somehow come together in an exciting story.

I enjoyed parts of Star Trek XI, but personally do not like the overall direction that JJ Abrams has taken it.

LtPondwater9

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 5:26 pm

Well over 16 years, I'd say a life time. ;)

drellan

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 5:28 pm

Quote (LtPondwater9 @ Nov. 05 2009, 5:26 pm)
Well over 16 years, I'd say a life time. ;)

What would your preference be for the next movie?

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 5:40 pm

I have been a fan of all things TREK for 35 years. My preference for TREK XII  would be a movie with a good story and a even mix of drama and action. It can be set either in the prime timeline or the new one as long as it has a good story.

:logical:

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 5:45 pm

Quote (trekbuff @ Nov. 05 2009, 2:44 pm)
Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Nov. 05 2009, 5:40 pm)
I have been a fan of all things TREK for 35 years. My preference for TREK XII ?would be a movie with a good story and a even mix of drama and action. It can be set either in the prime timeline or the new one as long as it has a good story.

:logical:

Will you stop saying what I'm typing before I get the chance to hit the friggin' [ENTER] key! :angry:

:laugh:

Well great minds do type alike.  ;)

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 5:53 pm

Quote (trekbuff @ Nov. 05 2009, 2:51 pm)
Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Nov. 05 2009, 5:45 pm)
Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Nov. 05 2009, 5:40 pm)
... as long as it has a good story.

:logical:

There is actually a lot of folks who have praised STXI who have said STXII needs to get down to good story telling. It almost seems a bit contradictory...

*shrug*

I actually liked the way the crew just happened to come together. We knew (?) who the crew would be, so they had to meet...

Now we need more meat...

.. sorry ... *ducks*

LOL yet it is so very true, more meat is definately needed.

Narada

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 5:55 pm

I was a casual fan all my life and a very serious fan for maybe 5 years!

Vger23

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 6:13 pm

One of my first memories was my father sitting me down in front of the TV to watch a Star Trek re-run when I was very young so he and my mom could make dinner. I think I found the colors and images fascinating, and I've been obsessed with Star Trek ever since.

I was born in 1975, and I distinctly remember my mother reading an article from TV Guide to me talking about how Star Trek was going to be a movie, so I'd have to say maybe that I've been a fan since 1978ish (hillarious to think about yourself as a "fan" at age 3ish!! HAHA). I very much remember ST-TMP coming out, because I remember all the merchandise, action figures (some of which I still own), t-shirts, etc very clearly. I also clearly remember the permier of the movie on HBO (I was too young to see it in the theater). I remember being initially very confused as to why the ship and uniforms looked so different from what I was used to. So, I was definitelyh a fan before 1979...

So, I guess I've been a fan for 31 years. Amazing that I have Star Trek memories from that age...but it's true..!

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 7:24 pm

I've been a fan since I was 12-14, around 19 years maybe. If they continue with this new time line then something more "meaty". if not then a DS9 movie.

LtPondwater9

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 8:49 pm

Quote (drellan @ Nov. 05 2009, 5:28 pm)
Quote (LtPondwater9 @ Nov. 05 2009, 5:26 pm)
Well over 16 years, I'd say a life time. ;)

What would your preference be for the next movie?

Right now I am fully enjoying ST:XI. I haven't really given thought to a new movie. :)

whyaduck

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 10:19 pm

Since the first episode of TOS originally aired.

I don't have a specific story I'd like to see in the next movie, but I would like to see a good story with interesting relationships between the main characters. I wouldn't mind some references to Enterprise (NX-01 and the crew). :D

Oh yeah, get rid of the annoying lens flare.

Admiral_BlackCat

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 10:37 pm

Maybe a little more than 20 years, remember watching TOS reruns before TNG premiered, I remember watching "Farpoint Station" and being so excited for the new series. For STXII I want Khan. I believe they can do a fresh and new story that inlcudes Khan.
I also really want to see Spock dealing with some form of PTSD and not just sweep his lose under the rug.

SaturnsRings

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 10:56 pm

I have been a fan since I was 10 and that was 36 years ago.

DammitJim6200

Report this Nov. 06 2009, 12:55 am

Quote (drellan @ Nov. 04 2009, 6:19 pm)
How long have you been a fan? ¿My thoughts for the comments section: tell how long you've been a fan and then what movie direction you'd like to see for Trek XII. I'm simply curious to see the pattern between length of time as a fan and preference for the next movie.

I have been a fan for..So long I forgot..
What I want for the next movie is Paramount to (they won't do it) FIRE that fathead JJ Abrams and those two flaks Orci and Kurztman and get back to real Star Trek like TNG and DS9 with some persons from VOYAGER,
Otherwise I won't go see the movie.
P.S Star Trek is dead
P.S Welcome to the Boards. ;)

Users browsing this forum: crimsyn