Roxann Dawson vs. Jennifer Lien

brcarthey

Report this Nov. 04 2009, 6:32 pm

So let's put an argument to rest that's been put forth by another poster here.

I think these choices leave little room for vagueness.  But, by all means let's debate this out.

Many here already know that I'm a Roxann Dawson fan and B'Elanna is one of my favorite characters in all of Trek.  So you know how I voted.

But, what's everyone else think?

teya1020

Report this Nov. 04 2009, 6:37 pm

Roxann & B'Elanna are tops with me.

Never warmed to Kes, and sometimes Jen is so disjointed on screen it's painful to watch.

And her scream can shatter eardrums...  :p

Dbear1

Report this Nov. 04 2009, 6:50 pm

Ok this was likely one of the easiest polls I have ever taken.

Of course I love the Torres character and I always list Dawson as the best actress on the show.

I did not hate Kes or the actress, but I never really warmed to her either.

LtPondwater9

Report this Nov. 04 2009, 7:24 pm

Dawson, of course!!

JOYOFVGR

Report this Nov. 04 2009, 8:36 pm

I've always said I like Kes and Lien, but I do like Belanna and Dawson better, especially since Belanna is the character that I am most like in real life. :D

TrekFan1701E

Report this Nov. 04 2009, 8:37 pm

Quote (brcarthey @ Nov. 04 2009, 6:32 pm)
So let's put an argument to rest that's been put forth by another poster here.

I think these choices leave little room for vagueness. ¿But, by all means let's debate this out.

Many here already know that I'm a Roxann Dawson fan and B'Elanna is one of my favorite characters in all of Trek. ¿So you know how I voted.

But, what's everyone else think?

I like B'lenna better than Kes.

voyfan99

Report this Nov. 04 2009, 11:27 pm

Wow, what a no brainer...Dawson all the way.

Having just watched Cold Fire, my ears are still bleeding from the Kes scream.

out_of_this_world

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 6:35 am

Roxan and B'elanna definately, kes is good but not as good as b'elanna

MrsStarbuck

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 7:16 am

Well to me, Torres is a much more interesting character...but I think they're both good actors.

And I'm still struggling to see why people dislike Kes/Jen Lien so much.

teya1020

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 11:12 am

Quote (MrsStarbuck @ Nov. 05 2009, 7:16 am)

And I'm still struggling to see why people dislike Kes/Jen Lien so much.

In part because we can.

:p

MrsStarbuck

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 11:22 am

Quote (teya1020 @ Nov. 04 2009, 5:12 pm)
In part because we can.

:p

Lol, fair enough.

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 11:38 am

Quote (Yanks @ Nov. 05 2009, 11:24 am)
:O Where is Lynx :question: :laugh:

wait for it.....

brcarthey

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 11:41 am

Quote (MrsStarbuck @ Nov. 05 2009, 7:16 am)

And I'm still struggling to see why people dislike Kes/Jen Lien so much.

it goes way back, way before i joined this board a couple of years ago.

like many VOY fans, i don't necessarily dislike the character kes or jennifer lien. she just doesn't do anything for me. ?i thought the character was better suited in a regularly recurring guest role like nurse ogawa (TNG), keiko o'brien (DS9), or nurse chappell (TOS).

however, there is a small, rabid kes fanbase. ?you say "boo" about kes and they literally go bat-sh** crazy. no amount of reasoning works. any civil debate quickly devolves into personal attacks.

because of this attitude, many VOY fans got sick of it and started turning against kes and the actress. some did it out of pre-meditated antagonism, others did it out of disgust for the kes fans bizarre adoration (trust me on this description). the former action wasn't necessarily the best course of action since it only exacerbated the problem, but the latter just came out of honest frustration.

i suggest doing a search on some topics regarding kes, if you have the time to read them. whichever side of the argument you fall on, i think you'll find all the exchanges very enlightening. try starting with the most recent thread "and so it begins."

MrsStarbuck

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 11:45 am

Quote (brcarthey @ Nov. 04 2009, 5:41 pm)
try starting with the most recent thread "and so it begins."

Yep, I popped my head into that thread once...

...came right back out again! :laugh:

SLagonia

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 1:52 pm

As president of the 'Kes isn't really all that bad a character' club, let me say that anyone who thinks Lien was better than Dawson needs a reality check.