Tom Cruise

4_of_20

Report this Nov. 02 2009, 8:01 pm

He's worked before with JJ Abrams on M:i3. Not my personal favorite of the series, but not bad still. From watching the blu-ray extras of Star Trek 11, Abrams appears to be an inventive film maker and quite fun to work with. If this is so, and the extras where not just cut to make it appear this way, then I can foresee no problem with actors coming back to star in his movies.

Say what you will about Tom Cruise, his religion and his personal life. Say what you will about anybodies for that matter... he is a great actor, and the couple Steven Spielberg films I own starring him, "Minority Report" and "War of the Worlds", are great sci-fi in movies which he delivers a powerful performance. I know very little of Scientology, but I assume folks of this culture are very enthused with science fiction and would jump on the chance to join one of its pioneering franchises.

The blu-ray extras hint towards a Klingon sequel. Tom Cruise, an angry Klingon? Might work... or a classic villain maybe later in the series, like Kahn. Just food for thought...

TrekFan1701E

Report this Nov. 02 2009, 9:03 pm

Quote (4_of_20 @ Nov. 02 2009, 8:01 pm)

No way.

juliansgirl7

Report this Nov. 02 2009, 9:20 pm

As Miley Cyrus would say:whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

LtPondwater9

Report this Nov. 02 2009, 9:27 pm

Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Nov. 02 2009, 9:03 pm)
Quote (4_of_20 @ Nov. 02 2009, 8:01 pm)

No way.

Exactly.

Cruise doesn't even have the right stature to play a Klingon even if he wore platformed boots.

4_of_20

Report this Nov. 03 2009, 12:33 am

No fans here, seriously?

Any other big names anyone would like to see in ST12?

ENT567

Report this Nov. 03 2009, 8:08 am

I can't imagine Tom Cruise as a Klingon. I believe he'd make a good Nero, though. But in such case we'd have seen much more of Nero and less of young Kirk (which would probably be not so bad).

If Cruise did a STXII villain, that would be a Human, imo.

4_of_20

Report this Nov. 03 2009, 11:19 am

He would have suited Nero, yes. That's probably what made me think of him... But Eric Bana's great, anyway, and Australian!

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Nov. 03 2009, 12:09 pm

I can see Cruise as a villain. It could work, even as a Klingon.

Ali88

Report this Nov. 03 2009, 2:23 pm

Tom cruise in star Trek?

I'd say there are two chances of that

1. NO WAY
2. NO HOW

Narada

Report this Nov. 03 2009, 5:05 pm

Tom Cruise is pretty good for some movies but I do not want him for Star Trek. I like him for Mission Impossible 3, Minority Report, War of the Worlds and also Vanilla Sky but I cannot see him fitting with Star Trek.

tribblenator999

Report this Nov. 03 2009, 7:59 pm

tom cruise in star trek?!? weird.

MrsStarbuck

Report this Nov. 04 2009, 11:37 am

Quote (4_of_20 @ Nov. 02 2009, 2:01 am)
Tom Cruise, an angry Klingon?

Good god, NO!

My vote is still with Gary Oldman.

Or how about a cult icon like Rutger Hauer?

Or at the moment I'm quite impressed with Ben Foster (30 Days of Night and 3:10 to Yuma)

juliansgirl7

Report this Nov. 04 2009, 2:16 pm

Quote (MrsStarbuck @ Nov. 04 2009, 11:37 am)
My vote is still with Gary Oldman.

I see Gary Oldman more as a Romulan than as a Klingon

But I definitely vote for Eric Bana as a Klingon!

Cynic321

Report this Nov. 04 2009, 5:17 pm

If you want to spend over $10 million on a bad guy, why not go with one with some serious psycho chops like John Malkovich?

Unregistered_Guest

Report this Nov. 05 2009, 5:37 am

I suppose he could play a high ranking member of some weird pseudo-religion bent on domination of Earth.