Which Series On DVD

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 10:00 am

I have a big investment payout coming in this week, and thought I'd spend a teeny bit of it on Star Trek DVD's.

I'm ashamed to admit I only have DS9 and a couple of fan collections (Klingon & Alternate Realities) on DVD.

I like it all, so am having trouble deciding.

I don't want to buy all of them yet, just one for now.

TheDriver

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 10:55 am

Zelkar, the only Trek DVDs I own are the following:

- DS9 Seasons 1-7
- First Contact
- The Motion Picture
- The Wrath of Khan
- The Search for Spock
- The Voyage Home

...and...

- TOS Seasons 1-3 (non-remastered versions)

So you can probably guess what my recommendation would be. :cool:

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 11:21 am

Only 3 votes?

:bugout:

Kdbtrekkin

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 12:43 pm

since you have DS9 and know that history, best would be to go with TNG then VOY, then TOS and ENT last.

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 12:57 pm

TNG is takin the lead.

:rookie:

kludge77

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 2:12 pm

Quote (Commander_Zelkar @ Oct. 27 2009, 9:57 pm)
TNG is takin the lead.

:rookie:

It's a good start. That's were many of us "30 somethings" started.

Vger23

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 2:22 pm

I bought the TOS remastered sets on Blu-ray. Aside from being unbelievable in quality (I mean, they look fantastic for a 43 year old show) and having plenty of good extras, the blu-rays include the option of watching episodes with remastered effects or original OR toggling between the two.

How can you possibly beat that??

:laugh:

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 2:22 pm

I'm a 40-something

:whatthe:

I should point out that I started with TOS and watched all series as they came out and a few times on reruns. I only own DS9 on DVD cause it's my fave.

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 2:23 pm

Quote (Vger23 @ Oct. 28 2009, 2:22 pm)

How can you possibly beat that??

:laugh:

I am leaning toward this. You know if this feature exists on regular DVD? Don't have a blu-ray.

Vger23

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 2:28 pm

Quote (Commander_Zelkar @ Oct. 28 2009, 2:23 pm)
Quote (Vger23 @ Oct. 28 2009, 2:22 pm)

How can you possibly beat that??

:laugh:

I have the regular DVD's also (upgraded just last month), and they are not available with the remastered option. They are pretty good, though! It's nice seeing those episodes again, and this is the only way to view them in DECADES in their uncut, original length.

They edited about 3-4 minutes out of each episode for syndication.

Vger23

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 2:31 pm

BTW,

I'd love to buy DS9 1-7. I never saw all of the episodes (only about 2/3's actually) and would LOVE to revisit that series.

Do they sell them as a "complete series" package? Anyone know where there are some good deals?

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 2:43 pm

Quote (Vger23 @ Oct. 28 2009, 2:31 pm)
BTW,

Yes - I saw the a complete season package on ebay for 157 bucks:

My Webpage

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 3:04 pm

Looks like TNG for the win! Woohoo!

kludge77

Report this Oct. 28 2009, 3:34 pm

Quote (Yanks @ Oct. 27 2009, 11:48 pm)
You are lucky. All the series are about 1/2$$$$ what I paid for mine.

If you haven't seen TNG yet, I would recommend starting there.

But you couldn't go wrong with any of them.

Agreed!

They got us early buyers by the warp coils!

...Still I'm glad I own them.

SpaceClown77