Favourite MU Character

sonofspock1

Report this Oct. 11 2009, 7:10 pm

Before I go any further, I got the ranks off Memory Alpha. The page for Mirror, Darkly I has Hoshi as  Lieutenant, but Mirror, Darkly II has her listed as an Ensign. She is so ruthless, she deserves to be a Lieutenant in my book!

I'd have to say the devious Sato. As Mike Sussman puts it, "Revenge of the little people".  :cool:

The fact that Linda Park is wearing very nice... erm... "uniforms", has absolutely no bearing on my vote.  :rookie:

BrotherofShran01

Report this Oct. 11 2009, 7:23 pm

Mirror T'Pol has my vote for obvious reasons. As far as Mirror Sato, out the nearest airlock...

whyaduck

Report this Oct. 11 2009, 7:34 pm

It was hard to pick just one, but I think I'll go with Phlox.

Dr. Phlox: Will you kindly die?

BrotherofShran01

Report this Oct. 11 2009, 7:43 pm

Quote (whyaduck @ Oct. 11 2009, 7:34 pm)

Dr. Phlox: Will you kindly die?

As soon as I confirmed that the tholian's info was accurate...no more mirror tholian.

sonofspock1

Report this Oct. 11 2009, 7:49 pm

Come on. Out with it! Who voted for the Doberman?  :laugh: I honestly did'nt think anyone would!

Personally, even in the MU, Travis still does'nt so much.

For Phlox:
I'm not quite sure. I suspect he was late for his duty shift. Aren't all Tellarites guilty of smething?

Archer was a bit too OTT for me. That probably was the idea to play up the "delusional madman" bit. But I like this bit from a deleted scene:

Something about your maternal ancestors

D.amn, she was hot!  :laugh:

And if I am right, this is my 1701 post. I shall leave you all to bask in it's glory!  :cool:

:laugh:

BrotherofShran01

Report this Oct. 11 2009, 7:55 pm

Quote (sonofspock1 @ Oct. 11 2009, 7:49 pm)
Come on. Out with it! Who voted for the Doberman? ¿:laugh: I honestly did'nt think anyone would!

Personally, even in the MU, Travis still does'nt so much.

For Phlox:

Something about your maternal ancestors

D.amn, she was hot! ¿:laugh:

And if I am right, this is my 1701 post. I shall leave you all to bask in it's glory! ¿:cool:

:laugh:

thanks dude. I remember when I reached that number. You should have said 1701 post BABY!

grigori

Report this Oct. 11 2009, 7:57 pm

Congrats on the post #, Sos--are you gaining on me, or what?!

I voted Tucker cause I liked how aggressive he was, but just like an engineer, off in his own little world.

Tucker: (Yells at T'Pol as if she were a child) You FORGET something? BIGGS! Get the commander a radiation meter. (at T'Pol) You don't want to end up like me, do you? I've absorbed enough delta rays to guarantee my grandchildren glow in the dark.

honeybee1111

Report this Oct. 11 2009, 8:58 pm

I loved everyone in the MU. But I voted for Tucker, same reasons as Grigori. I think MU Tucker is a little more layered than the stock evil of Reed, Sato, Mayweather and Archer. I like MU T'Pol and MU Phlox for the same reasons, they were informed by the world but there were layers there.

RedShirtGuyNumber1001

POSTS: 2016

Report this Oct. 11 2009, 9:43 pm

Porthos.

Narada

Report this Oct. 12 2009, 5:32 am

For me it was Mayweather because after 3 seasons he was really doing something again!

:cool:  :cool:

grigori

Report this Oct. 12 2009, 8:35 am

Quote (Narada @ Oct. 12 2009, 5:32 am)

:cool: ¿:cool:

Yeh, he did get to be the "Captain's man", or the Empress' consort. For now.

Dbear1

Report this Oct. 12 2009, 8:53 am

Quote (grigori @ Oct. 12 2009, 8:35 am)
Quote (Narada @ Oct. 12 2009, 5:32 am)

:cool: ?:cool:

Yeh, he did get to be the "Captain's man", or the Empress' consort. For now.

Until Sato offs Mayweather for someone better LOL.

I went with Tucker, he was nasty and mean, but he did not seem so over the top like some of the others. ¿Forest came in second, for basicly the same reason, he was not a nice person, but he had at least a few descent qualities.

I have to guilty admit I did enjoy they way they dressed both Sato and TPol.
;)

whyaduck

Report this Oct. 12 2009, 9:46 am

Yanks - You like T'Pol? Who knew? You're kidding right?

Middleman

Report this Oct. 12 2009, 11:10 am

Quote (Yanks @ Oct. 12 2009, 9:36 am)
There can be only one... ;)

Quoted for truth

honeybee1111

Report this Oct. 12 2009, 1:30 pm

I'm going to argue against that TV review. While I prefer the more layered MU characters, I think the might-makes-right attitude of that universe would be antithetical to critical thinking - so the bullies would often triumph through sheer force of will and people wouldn't be encouraged to develop their minds when they could just steal from other races to get the technology they wanted. Makes perfect sense. But other characters, perhaps ones that don't have the same inherent ruthless streak, like T'Pol, Tucker and Phlox, would have to find other ways to make themselves useful and develop their minds.