Tom Hardy Says Nemesis Failure Cost Him His

> id="QUOTE">From Trekweb.com

rocketscientist

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 12:07 pm

From Trekweb.com

Guardian.com.uk posted a recent interview with Star Trek Nemesis actor Tom Hardy (Shinzon) and here is an excerpt from the article.

Hardy hit the big time in 2002, when he played the villain in Star Trek Nemesis. Unfortunately, the film flopped. Heralded as the Next Big Thing and then promptly stripped of that imprimatur, Hardy became an alcoholic and a crack addict. His addictions cost him his marriage.

"I went entirely off the rails and I'm lucky I didn't have some terrible accident or end up in prison or dead - because that's where I was going. Now I know my beast and I know how to manage it. It's like living with a 400lb orang-utan that wants to kill me. It's much more powerful than me, doesn't speak the same language and it runs around the darkness of my soul. I would sell my mother for a rock of crack."

Is it just me, or does this sound a little crazy? ¿Ok, NEM flopped, but it's not like it was LOTR or anything. ¿It wasn't a super-big film (none of the previous ST films before XI really were except for TMP). ¿And why should this guy get dissed by the papers when the failure of the film, imo anyway, wasn't as much his fault as the director?  Â¿I thought he was actually good and did what he was required to do, it was the story and the direction which sucked. ¿

And what the hell was he thinking becoming an alcoholic and crack-addict because of all this!!?!?? ¿My gosh! ¿There are far worse things in life! ¿It just seems like an over-reaction. ¿

Anyway, I'm glad he's got it together again.

kludge77

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 12:13 pm

Seems a bit overboard, yeah. But, I've never seen a "Hollywood Unleashed Type" story that didn't sound this way. As far as I can tell, everyone has to hit bottom in that town.

You have to be a full blown crack nut before the studio feels they can use you.
"John, get that bald kid...I bet he'd be able to portray a bit more depth now...."

Admiral_BlackCat

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 1:04 pm

The spin doctors needed a scapegoat.

Captain_Storma

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 1:20 pm

rocketscientist

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 1:53 pm

> id="QUOTE"> border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">>>Quote (rocketscientist @ Oct. 04 2009, 9:07 pm)> id="QUOTE">From Trekweb.com

border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">>>Quote (Captain_Storma @ Oct. 04 2009, 1:20 pm)

Yep.

RomulusRemus

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 2:38 pm

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah..... but what does he think about the new Trek movie? That's the real important issue to be addressed.

Narada

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 2:41 pm

The real important issue? Who cares what he thinks about the movie I am glad he is alive. I wondered what happened with him after Nemesis and I hope he is doing ok now.

RomulusRemus

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 2:51 pm

I was being sarcastic.
Rocketscientist wants to know what every Trek celebrity and personality thinks about the movie.

Cptkirkfan18

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 2:54 pm

they might be making Star Trek XII: Nemesis 2

captbates

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 2:55 pm

Quote (Narada @ Oct. 03 2009, 7:41 pm)

He was recently in the Sky one series "The Take" which has mixed reviews, although IMO he was great in it. He starred in "Bronson"  I've not see it yet but is apparantly very good, and was in Guy Ritchies "RocknRolla"  with Gerard Butler.

Looks like he'll do well.  :)

Narada

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 3:00 pm

That is good I am happy to hear. And sorry RomulusRemus I suspected maybe you were speaking in this manner but I could not be sure. Thank you for clarifying your joke.

rocketscientist

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 3:49 pm

Quote (RomulusRemus @ Oct. 04 2009, 2:51 pm)
I was being sarcastic.

I do? ¿

MattJC/George/HDent/BrianHMay/RomulusRemus (you've been banned a lot, haven't you?), why don't you give it a rest before you're banned again?

BTW, I noticed the people on trekweb.com don't like you either. ¿I'm not surprised, given what kind of thing you are.

Do the mods know you're back here again? ¿I guess I'll tell them.

rocketscientist

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 3:50 pm

Quote (Narada @ Oct. 04 2009, 2:41 pm)

Narada, this is MattJC/HDent/BrianHMay here. ¿You know what it's like. ¿It's popped off at a mom in the most despicable way conceivable and ripped on VAB, one of the nicest guys here, and my wife too. ¿It's a creepy, socially-inept, mysgonist that's been banned 3 times now but still comes back, like we all predicted it would, because of its weird OCD.

SpaceClown77

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 4:00 pm

What a load of rubbish.

Next.

RomulusRemus

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 4:20 pm

Quote (rocketscientist @ Oct. 04 2009, 3:49 pm)
Quote (RomulusRemus @ Oct. 04 2009, 2:51 pm)
I was being sarcastic.

I do? ?

BTW, I noticed the people on trekweb.com don't like you either. ?I'm not surprised, given what kind of thing you are.

Do the mods know you're back here again? ?I guess I'll tell them.

What in the world are you talking about?