Other Women That Could Have

TrekFan1701E

Report this Oct. 03 2009, 12:35 pm

I was just curious if Ballock hadn't been cast what other Actresses could have played T'Pol?

How about Catherine Bell from Jag?

BrotherofShran01

Report this Oct. 03 2009, 8:44 pm

Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Oct. 03 2009, 12:35 pm)

How about Catherine Bell from Jag?

Catherine Bell is a good actress, but I can't see her playing T'Pol. Being a non emotional Vulcan would not suite her. However, she would make a great Romulan... :D

lostshaker

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 1:54 pm

A great Romulan, yes! If she could control the emotions and come off cold and logical, she'd give Orion Slave Women something to fancy.

sonofspock1

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 6:42 pm

Jolene is just fine, thank you very much. :D

Dbear1

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 6:48 pm

Quote (sonofspock1 @ Oct. 04 2009, 6:42 pm)
Jolene is just fine, thank you very much. :D

Agreed, JB seemed to be made for that role.  Sometimes actor/actresses find a role that fits them like a glove and IMO that was the case here.

But I understand it is always fun to do these what if questions.

Middleman

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 7:43 pm

People, people! Get a grip! There is one one person who could play T'Pol and she already did. Jolene was made for that role.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Oct. 04 2009, 7:51 pm

Two Actresses I thought of Coto De Pablo who plays Ziva David on NCIS and Amanda Tapping from Stargate SG-1.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Oct. 05 2009, 8:59 am

Jennifer Love Hewitt would have been another good T'Pol.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Oct. 05 2009, 2:00 pm

I liked her as a blond. I put that picture of her as a Brunette since that what T'Pol was.

roser5838

Report this Oct. 05 2009, 3:18 pm

Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ Oct. 03 2009, 8:44 pm)
Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Oct. 03 2009, 12:35 pm)

How about Catherine Bell from Jag?

I actually like the Catherine Bell idea - kind of Mac in the first year - not so emotional - just kicked butt!

Too bad she was still on JAG.

Actually Jolene is great, but her eyes are SO expressive! At first, I couldn't stand her because she didn't seem very Vulcan - too expressive.  Now I realize why she was great was because T'Pol is not a "normal" vulcan.

ENT567

Report this Oct. 06 2009, 4:55 am

Wow, I didn't even recognize Amanda Tapping on that brunette photo. But I'm not sure she'd be Vulcan enough.

J.L.Hewitt - as a Vulcan she'd be as inappropriate as Kim Cattrall, even though they're both beautiful.

As for Catherine Bell, I don't know her, but I'd prefer the other "bell" -- Camilla Belle:

But even she's not better than Jolene, of course! :)

Middleman

Report this Oct. 06 2009, 3:42 pm

Quote (ENT567 @ Oct. 06 2009, 4:55 am)
But even she's not better than Jolene, of course! :)

As I said, there is only one Jolene

Why accept an imitation when you can have the real thing.

whyaduck

Report this Oct. 06 2009, 3:59 pm

All the women suggested are beautiful and if going by looks, any one of them would do. It comes down to who could convey T'Pol's thoughts, inner emotions, responses without using an actor's normal and basic facial and body responses. You'd have to see them audition and see who was successful using mainly her eyes to convey the character's thoughts.

Middleman

Report this Oct. 06 2009, 4:12 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ Oct. 06 2009, 3:53 pm)
Well, the whole idea was if Jolene had not been cast... ;)

:logical:

Perish the thought!

Middleman

Report this Oct. 06 2009, 4:18 pm

Quote (whyaduck @ Oct. 06 2009, 3:59 pm)

I'm not necessarily a fan of Jolene as an actress as much as I'm a fan of Jolene as T'Pol (as well as I enjoy admiring her other attributes). As far as I'm concerned she created the character. T'Pol would have been "someone else" if she wasn't Jolene, just like Archer would have been someone else if not played by Scott. There is just something about Jolene that I just like and as a big fan of Scott's, you should understand that more than anyone else.
;)