What were your FIRST thoughts when

Narada

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 7:43 pm

Good poll question Scoobydog! Enterprise fans maybe will not appreciate my answer but I did not know it was even canceled until after. I watched the show with reruns but I am sad it is canceled now if that still counts for something?

:(  :cool:

TrekFan1701E

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 7:43 pm

When I first watched it I thought I didn't care about it getting cancelled. Now I like I said in my post I didn't give Enterprise enough of a chance. I should have thought the RW will come later in Seasons 5 and 6. With Coto and Braga saying they were going to do to the RW I would have wanted it to continue. I also also to nitpicky about the Canon issues especially the tech.

sonofspock1

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 7:44 pm

I wsn't happy, but wasn't surprised either. Bit like John Billingsley really.

That and the fact, that I was going into the world for the first time in my life without new ST to watch!

Fan since birth. :cool:

honeybee1111

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 7:44 pm

I was really bummed, although not surprised. It wasn't carried in my market, but I watched the show when I could and felt like it was getting kind of fantastic.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 7:45 pm

I wonder where they will go with a new series? Abrams TOS Universe? Abrams rebooting TNG? Abrams rebooting Enterprise?

BrotherofShran01

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 7:46 pm

My response was WT...Just when it was getting good, they (Paramount) ended it. I wanted more. I wanted to see the Federation-Romulan war! All I got was a WT...episode that is not spoken in my place of residence.

sonofspock1

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 7:49 pm

Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Sep. 30 2009, 12:45 am)

JJ and co. can have the movies, but not the TV show.

I do not want *ahem* Lost in Space.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 7:52 pm

Quote (Scoobydog @ Sep. 29 2009, 7:47 pm)
Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Sep. 29 2009, 7:45 pm)

Yeah, it should be interesting.......

I just hope they do a new Trek TV Series. CBS may think a new one will be too expensive for TV and decide to let Paramount just do a new TOS Reboot Movie every few years. I did like the new movie.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 7:53 pm

Quote (sonofspock1 @ Sep. 29 2009, 7:49 pm)
Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Sep. 30 2009, 12:45 am)

JJ and co. can have the movies, but not the TV show.

I do not want *ahem* Lost in Space.

What about Ron Moore for the next TV Series? Of course his way could make Trek a dark series. Fans say Trek shouldn't go dark.

sonofspock1

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 8:00 pm

Quote (Scoobydog @ Sep. 30 2009, 12:57 am)
Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Sep. 29 2009, 7:53 pm)
Quote (sonofspock1 @ Sep. 29 2009, 7:49 pm)
Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Sep. 30 2009, 12:45 am)

JJ and co. can have the movies, but not the TV show.

I do not want *ahem* Lost in Space.

Ya know it seemed like quite a few fans really liked the alternate universe to Mirror Darkly. ¿Many had posted here that they had wished Enterprise had been in the Mirror Darkly mode the entire four seasons.

Wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I think a Trek series "unlike" any other might be the way to go....

How about a land based show, the original plan for DS9? Of course, we'd be accused of going down the Stargate Atlantis road then...

It's a fickle line!

Camorite

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 8:15 pm

what i thought i cannot say on this forum without risk of being kicked off or having this thread banned.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 8:34 pm

Quote (Camorite @ Sep. 29 2009, 8:15 pm)

You mean somethine like this #&#!#@&&!!! :D

24thcenstfan

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 8:47 pm

Well, we pretty much knew Season Four was going to be the last season.  The writing was on the wall.  After season three, this did not surprise me.  Between the lackluster ratings, the spotty programming and my own personal dislike of Season three I didn't have much of a problem with them canceling the series.  The whole Xindi/TCW story arcs left a bad taste in my mouth.

After Season Four, I was very disappointed that they cancelled the series.  I thought there was a major turnaround story wise, and could easily see the series rebounding if the studio had upped their support.  They seemed to want to drop the series like a bad habit, so I didn't see that happening.

All in all, I wish the series had gone on longer than the four seasons.

TrekFan1701E

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 8:50 pm

Quote (24thcenstfan @ Sep. 29 2009, 8:47 pm)
Well, we pretty much knew Season Four was going to be the last season. ¿The writing was on the wall. ¿After season three, this did not surprise me. ¿Between the lackluster ratings, the spotty programming and my own personal dislike of Season three I didn't have much of a problem with them canceling the series. ¿The whole Xindi/TCW story arcs left a bad taste in my mouth. ¿

After Season Four, I was very disappointed that they cancelled the series. ¿I thought there was a major turnaround story wise, and could easily see the series rebounding if the studio had upped their support. ¿They seemed to want to drop the series like a bad habit, so I didn't see that happening.

All in all, I wish the series had gone on longer than the four seasons.

What if the Xindi/TCW tied into the RW?

24thcenstfan

Report this Sep. 29 2009, 8:57 pm

Quote (TrekFan1701E @ Sep. 29 2009, 8:50 pm)
Quote (24thcenstfan @ Sep. 29 2009, 8:47 pm)
Well, we pretty much knew Season Four was going to be the last season. ?The writing was on the wall. ?After season three, this did not surprise me. ?Between the lackluster ratings, the spotty programming and my own personal dislike of Season three I didn't have much of a problem with them canceling the series. ?The whole Xindi/TCW story arcs left a bad taste in my mouth. ?

After Season Four, I was very disappointed that they cancelled the series. ?I thought there was a major turnaround story wise, and could easily see the series rebounding if the studio had upped their support. ?They seemed to want to drop the series like a bad habit, so I didn't see that happening.

All in all, I wish the series had gone on longer than the four seasons.

What if the Xindi/TCW tied into the RW?

I think it would have made those two story arcs more convoluted than they already were.  Even more implausible too (IMO) since the TCW and the Xindi thing was created specifically for this series (not mentioned on any other series/Trek canon).  Where as the RW had already been established.

In general, I would not have had much faith in the writer's abilities to create a storyline that would have tied all of them together in a believable fashion.  Maybe Manny Coto could have given it a go, but who knows...