Lesson Learned

kludge77

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 10:38 am

I've been on lots of forums, but this is the first one where being nice will literally get you eaten alive by the rest of the posters. Lesson learned.

Wow. It seems that XI is a very touchy subject for everyone...has it been like this since May?

So, how many passive posters have you each consumed this morning? ¿:)

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 10:40 am

It's been like this since the movie was first announced back in 2007

Vger23

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 10:47 am

There is a difference between being "attacked" and being "challenged." I have yet to see someone attack you. Please learn to be a bit more strong-willed and resilliant if you are going to post strong opinions on subjects people are passionate about.

MrsStarbuck

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 10:47 am

Quote (kludge77 @ Sep. 21 2009, 4:38 pm)

So, how many passive posters have you each consumed this morning? ?:)

Aw, now I don't think this is true. Perhaps you've just crossed horns with the wrong posters.

I'd like to think I've been nice to everyone since I came here, and so far everyone has been nice back to me.

It's true that STXI does seem to be a contentious issue, but I just make my points and don't get involved in the more 'heated' discussions.

kludge77

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 10:51 am

Quote (Vger23 @ Sep. 22 2009, 10:47 am)

You are Monkey Bile!

Will you actually take a moment and read a post before jumping to conclusions. I'm not whining, and I'm actually quite thick skinned! I'm just calling it like I see it!

Vger23

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 10:56 am

Quote (kludge77 @ Sep. 22 2009, 10:51 am)
Quote (Vger23 @ Sep. 22 2009, 10:47 am)

You are Monkey Bile!

That's the whole problem with your perception of reality...you "call it like you see it" and can't comprehend why others get on you for it.

And, if we're keeping score, you have definitely insulted me directly twice now...and I have not directed a single insulting word at you. And yet you continue to cry "foul" and point out how horrible and aggressive I am.

Way to try to discredit my character to attempt to distract from the original discussion I thought we were having.

I'm not going to engage in anymore foolishness with you. I've been baited into trying to justify my responses, when my responses and your reactions to them speak for themselves.

kludge77

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 11:07 am

Quote (Vger23 @ Sep. 22 2009, 10:56 am)

Please learn to be a bit more strong-willed and resilliant if you are going to post strong opinions on subjects people are passionate about...

kludge77

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 11:14 am

Quote (MrsStarbuck @ Sep. 22 2009, 10:47 am)
Quote (kludge77 @ Sep. 21 2009, 4:38 pm)

So, how many passive posters have you each consumed this morning? ?:)

Agreed. I'd had some good conversations with folks on the other pages, but here in movies... Whoa!

Narda was a pleasant exception, but mostly folks are so extreme. (generalizing)

I didn't HATE the new movie, but every criticism of it is bombarded. Equally there are those folks who can find NOTHING good about it. I'm in a different camp. I liked it, but am disappointed with a handful of parts.

So yes, this was suppose to be a joke thread. Clearly I've totally pissed off Vger23. ¿Apologies, but I still like being able to use the phrase "Monkey Bile" in a thread.

Admiral_JTK

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 11:26 am

While I'm here, can I get some cheese to go with all this "whine"?

kludge77

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 11:32 am

Quote (Admiral_JTK @ Sep. 22 2009, 11:26 am)
While I'm here, can I get some cheese to go with all this "whine"?

LOL! honestly was trying to make an amusing thread...

Shrug... Oh well, better luck next time.

MrsStarbuck

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 11:39 am

Quote (kludge77 @ Sep. 21 2009, 5:32 pm)
LOL! honestly was trying to make an amusing thread...

Shrug... Oh well, better luck next time.

Vger23

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 11:39 am

Quote (starbase63 @ Sep. 22 2009, 11:14 am)
Quote (kludge77 @ Sep. 22 2009, 10:51 am)
Quote (Vger23 @ Sep. 22 2009, 10:47 am)

You are Monkey Bile!

Insults will get you nowhere.

Vger23 is a good poster...

And an apology is in order.

EDIT: Saw you made it. Good move on your part.

:logical:

Thanks SB, I was starting to feel like the meanest, most ruthless person in the known universe.

You and I are the perfect example of two people who don't always see eye-to-eye, but our interactions never deteriorate into hair-brained accusations of "attacking" or taking it "personally."

We're passionate about certain subjects, and I greatly respect where you come from, even though on some rare occasions I don't always agree. That doesn't mean we don't call each other out from time-to-time...but that's what this place is supposed to be all about.

I come here becuase it is FUN to express disagreement OR agreement with others and to try to find where they are coming from. The day it isn't FUN anymore is the day I stop.

Narada

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 12:40 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ Sep. 22 2009, 11:13 am)
Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Sep. 22 2009, 10:40 am)
It's been like this since the movie was first announced back in 2007

What Rad said...and now we have two years to bicker over the next one on the way!

:laugh:

:logical:

:logical:  :logical:  :logical:  :logical:

DarthRage

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 1:16 pm

I joined after the movie came out, and when I saw impassioned posts defending this movie, I saw no meanness. When some people who don't like the movie post reasons that make no sense, I saw posters calling them out on it. The only real rudeness I saw came from those who didn't like the movie. Not all, but the majority of rudeness came from the haters.

WkdYngMan

Report this Sep. 22 2009, 1:36 pm

I am really amused that some people confuse post challenges with "attacks."

Poster: I don't like 123.  To me the number 3 is a representation of all things wrong in this world and causes me so much grief.  Not to mention only dumb people would like 3.

Me: What is it about number 3 that makes you think that?

Poster: WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING ME!?!?! GRRRRRRR.  I have every right to my opinion.  You do nothing but prosecute and crucify others for their opinions and you're now doing it to me.  HOW DARE YOU.  You think 123 is the most amazing thing ever, that's fine, but YOU MOTHER*&^%$# HOW DARE YOU RESPOND TO ME.  My posts are holy and I want NO ONE to challenge them!  QUIT PICKING ON ME!!!!