2009 Emmy Awards

challengerdyer

Report this Sep. 21 2009, 12:07 am

In the "In Memorium" tribute they do every year, they had it up to date with Patrick Swayze and the guy from "Laugh-In" that JUST died,..............but no Majel Barrett Roddenberry!  Hello?  Emmy people??  Nurse Christine Chapel? Number One? Lwaxana Troi? The Enterprise computer voice for frakking FOREVER!!!  With all due respect, they have people on there that people sitting at home have no clue who they are, i.e. agents, producers, editors, but where my friends is MAJEL BARRETT RODDENBERRY??

PJaks

Report this Sep. 21 2009, 1:48 am

:angry:

You took the same words out of my mouth.
It is totally ILLOGICAL  :logical:  to overlook a person who was in five series as three human characters as well as the computer's voice.
My only analysis of the situation was that the producers might have had to get permission from the family to honor the deceased.  But I would think that the family would not mind.

So......can anyone give us the WHY??????  :grr:

Speak up before I send my targ to someone's office to represent us.     :cool:

Unregistered_Guest

Report this Sep. 21 2009, 3:00 am

And why was Shatner, who was seated in the audience, not a presenter?  They have a living legend of television, that close to the stage but fail to use him.  What's up with that?  Not just a missed opportunity, but a total dis to ST.

TashaYar86

Report this Sep. 21 2009, 11:02 am

####ing Emmy people!  :angry: Why not MBR :question:

Admiral_JTK

Report this Sep. 21 2009, 12:38 pm

I have been saying for years - skip all these bullshit awards shows except for the only one where the people that actually matter ... US THE VIEWERS ... have a say in what happens - The People's Choice Awards - and screw all that Emmy, Grammy, Academy crap.

challengerdyer

Report this Sep. 21 2009, 4:14 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ Sep. 21 2009, 1:22 pm)
I think Roddenberry was mentioned, but not sure about Kelley, Doohan or even Mark Lenard (who was known for shows other than Star Trek)...

:logical:

I remember DeForest Kelley was mentioned in the OSCAR'S "In Memorium"  because he was in movies like "Gunfight at the OK Corral" , the one with Kirk Douglas as Doc Holliday and in other westerns in the 50's and 60's he was usually a badguy.  However, if I remember right, his was not done the Oscar show after his death.  It was the one AFTER that, so it had been like 18 months since his passing.  I just thought of something!  They had Ricardo Montalban in the Emmy's "In Memorium" for "Fantasy Island"!  MBR being left out makes no sense.

PJaks

Report this Sep. 21 2009, 7:26 pm

I think that they did have Scotty, James Doohan.  I think that it was at the end.

But I know that there was a place in the Emmy's website, which I will go to next, to place comments.  Don't worry,  :cool:  I won't use unFederation like language but I will let them know that they are jerks.
If you want to vent, go there.
:angry:

cat_man_do

Report this Sep. 21 2009, 8:20 pm

Quote (Unregistered_Guest @ Sep. 21 2009, 3:00 am)
And why was Shatner, who was seated in the audience, not a presenter? ¿They have a living legend of television, that close to the stage but fail to use him. ¿What's up with that? ¿Not just a missed opportunity, but a total dis to ST.

Yeah!