Star Trek On Demand

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 10:09 am

My cable company offers an "On Demand" feature where you could go in and order various TV shows and movies and stuff.

If your cable company has this feature and were to offer Star Trek On Demand (all 5 series, and all movies), would you use it?

I have some DVD's, mainly DS9, and I would use this feature. I might be willing to pay a small fee to watch my fave episodes.

juliansgirl7

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 10:24 am

Yes, if it were Free On Demand(like from Spike or ScyFy) They're in the FOD category-for the Optimum cable system

juliansgirl7

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 10:25 am

In fact I could get All of DS9 on tape if they had that!

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 10:30 am

Well, I'm talking cable TV, not online. I'd rather watch trek on my TV in my den.

WorfsGonads

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 10:47 am

No I have all of DS9 and all the good bits from the other shows on DVD.

juliansgirl7

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 10:55 am

Quote (WorfsGonads @ Sep. 16 2009, 10:47 am)
No I have all of DS9 and all the good bits from the other shows on DVD.

Well, not everyone does! Or has the $$$(or credit cards) to buy the DVD's

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 10:55 am

I only have DS9 seasons 5 to 7, and a couple fan collections. I ordered DS9 season 3 yesterday. I have season 4 but it's a bootleg so that doesn't count.

I'm just thinking it would be cool to have all seasons/episodes at your fingertips through your digital cable.

Admiral_JTK

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 11:20 am

I have it all Trek on disc so no, but if I didnt, and given the option, and it were FREE, then yes.....but it must be HiDef and not standard

kludge77

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 2:58 pm

Quote (juliansgirl7 @ Sep. 16 2009, 10:55 am)
Quote (WorfsGonads @ Sep. 16 2009, 10:47 am)
No I have all of DS9 and all the good bits from the other shows on DVD.

Well, not everyone does! Or has the $$$(or credit cards) to buy the DVD's

So, buy them slowly... That's what I did. Now I have them all on demand.

A real fan makes sacrifices. :)  (pass the ramen please...)

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 3:52 pm

Quote (kludge77 @ Sep. 16 2009, 2:58 pm)
Quote (juliansgirl7 @ Sep. 16 2009, 10:55 am)
Quote (WorfsGonads @ Sep. 16 2009, 10:47 am)
No I have all of DS9 and all the good bits from the other shows on DVD.

Well, not everyone does! Or has the $$$(or credit cards) to buy the DVD's

So, buy them slowly... That's what I did. Now I have them all on demand.

A real fan makes sacrifices. :) ¿(pass the ramen please...)

We are all real fans here.

WedgeBob

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 4:32 pm

Quote (juliansgirl7 @ Sep. 16 2009, 10:24 am)

Or TV Land or WGN America (TVL for TOS, WGN for TNG).

kludge77

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 4:42 pm

Quote (Commander_Zelkar @ Sep. 16 2009, 3:52 pm)
Quote (kludge77 @ Sep. 16 2009, 2:58 pm)
Quote (juliansgirl7 @ Sep. 16 2009, 10:55 am)
Quote (WorfsGonads @ Sep. 16 2009, 10:47 am)
No I have all of DS9 and all the good bits from the other shows on DVD.

Well, not everyone does! Or has the $$$(or credit cards) to buy the DVD's

So, buy them slowly... That's what I did. Now I have them all on demand.

A real fan makes sacrifices. :) ?(pass the ramen please...)

We are all real fans here.

just poking a bit of fun... Not trying to step on anyone.

Honest.

juliansgirl7

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 8:20 pm

The only way for me to get the dvd's is if someone gave a a major gift card (with a Visa logo on it) for Christmas or my birthday

When I mean major, I mean like $300 or more!

In my family, that will Never happen though! No one in my family has that kind of money

God_in_an_Alcove

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 8:32 pm

I already have it on demand. It's called .avi files and DVDs.

:p

WedgeBob

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 10:10 pm

Quote (God_in_an_Alcove @ Sep. 16 2009, 8:32 pm)
I already have it on demand. It's called .avi files and DVDs.

:p

Heh...  Good call, same thing here.  All five series, TAS, and the movie collection on Blu-ray (have TNG movies on pre-order, and already have TOS movies), and in the process of upgrading TOS to Blu-ray as they release (have Season One, preordered Season Two, and awaiting word on Season Three).  So basically yeah, I have Trek episodes and movies at my fingertips, no need for On Demand in that regard...  Same thing with the Stargate franchise, even tho SG:Universe I'll have to watch on Syfy when they first air it, but Atlantis and SG-1 I own the DVD Series of.  Also, I own BSG Complete Series on Blu-ray, so any deep space sci-fi series that air, or have been aired, I already have at arm's reach, and have a PS3 to play them all on in the best possible quality, and a Logitech Z-2300 2.1 system to boom that audio to kingdom come.