Kirk was wrong about Spock

Ali88

Report this Sep. 15 2009, 10:21 am

At the end of Star Trek III, Spock said to Kirk "my father says that you have been my friend, you came back for me" and Kirk says "you would have done the same for me" but Spock didn't

In the new movie, Spock didn't go back for Kirk. Before Spock travelled back to the 23rd century, why didn't he go back in time and prevent Kirk's death on Veridian III in Star Trek Generations.

Kirk sacrificed the enterprise, his son and almost his starfleet career to save Spock's life and that's how Spock repays Kirk- by leaving him dead underneath a pile of rocks on top of a lonely mountain on a lonely unhabitated planet?!!!!!!!!!

SaturnsRings

Report this Sep. 15 2009, 10:38 am

You just can't let go of Kirk's death can you?

Ali88

Report this Sep. 15 2009, 2:05 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ Sep. 15 2009, 1:28 pm)
*sigh*

Ali, In STXI, Spock had no control over his path backward through time from the 24th century. Plus he crossed over into a new timeline.

:logical:

that's what you want me to think

This is a conspiracy against me

Vger23

Report this Sep. 15 2009, 2:36 pm

FIRE BAD!!

Camorite

Report this Sep. 15 2009, 3:41 pm

Quote (Ali88 @ Sep. 15 2009, 2:05 pm)
Quote (starbase63 @ Sep. 15 2009, 1:28 pm)
*sigh*

:logical:

that's what you want me to think

This is a conspiracy against me

no, its the truth of the matter, not if's, and's, or but's about it, a new timeline was started the moment that Nero appeared.

Camorite

Report this Sep. 15 2009, 4:11 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ Sep. 15 2009, 3:59 pm)
Quote (Camorite @ Sep. 15 2009, 3:41 pm)
Quote (Ali88 @ Sep. 15 2009, 2:05 pm)
Quote (starbase63 @ Sep. 15 2009, 1:28 pm)
*sigh*

:logical:

that's what you want me to think

This is a conspiracy against me

Not so much as soon as Nero appeared, but as soon as he attacked the USS Kelvin...

:logical:

sorry SB63, but i have to disagree with that, at least in part.

The timeline. officially,  split off from the prime universe the moment that the portal that brought Nero to the past was detected. But i will agree that no major damage to the time line was done until nero destroyed the Kelvin, and in the proccess inadvertantly killed George Kirk.

From there the time line was seriously altered.

Edgeways

Report this Sep. 15 2009, 7:41 pm

In ST:3, Kirk went back to a forbidden planet to collect Spock's remains.  Spock would probably do that.  He did something similar in "The Menagerie."  Regardless, it's a little different from traveling back in time to save a old friend from dying in a fight.  That was the way Kirk probably wanted to go out.  Either that, or in bed with an Orion woman.

tribblenator999

Report this Sep. 15 2009, 10:06 pm

Quote (Ali88 @ Sep. 15 2009, 10:21 am)

If spock knew kirk really died on veridian III he would go back to save Kirk.  I don't think Spock can stop Kirk from dying on veridian III considering those events never happened. :)

Camorite

Report this Sep. 15 2009, 10:41 pm

Quote (tribblenator999 @ Sep. 15 2009, 10:06 pm)
Quote (Ali88 @ Sep. 15 2009, 10:21 am)

If spock knew kirk really died on veridian III he would go back to save Kirk. ¿I don't think Spock can stop Kirk from dying on veridian III considering those events never happened. :)

hey tribblenator, i know that you worship kirk and all, but he did die on Veridian III, and nothing that you will say will change that. Sorry.

ZarabethS179

Report this Sep. 15 2009, 11:50 pm

I think a major difference to note here is that Spock didn't die completely. His katra was inside McCoy, causing them both great discomfort.

And yeah, Spock didn't have a time machine in XI. He had little control over where he would end up.

tribblenator999

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 11:23 am

Quote (Camorite @ Sep. 15 2009, 10:41 pm)
Quote (tribblenator999 @ Sep. 15 2009, 10:06 pm)
Quote (Ali88 @ Sep. 15 2009, 10:21 am)

If spock knew kirk really died on veridian III he would go back to save Kirk. ?I don't think Spock can stop Kirk from dying on veridian III considering those events never happened. :)

I know but sucks that spock never knew how kirk really died.

God_in_an_Alcove

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 3:01 pm

Quote (Ali88 @ Sep. 15 2009, 7:21 am)

In ST:III, Spock wasn't really dead.

In Gen, Kirk was.

tribblenator999

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 3:12 pm

Quote (God_in_an_Alcove @ Sep. 16 2009, 3:01 pm)
Quote (Ali88 @ Sep. 15 2009, 7:21 am)

In ST:III, Spock wasn't really dead.

In Gen, Kirk was.

My only complain really was spock had everybody at his side trying to save him while Kirk was....alone. But when I read the plot in memory alpha it says Kirks death is a echo of gary mitchells 106 years before generations.

ZarabethS179

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 5:18 pm

According to TFF, Kirk is supposed to die alone...

Camorite

Report this Sep. 16 2009, 7:47 pm

Quote (tribblenator999 @ Sep. 16 2009, 11:23 am)
Quote (Camorite @ Sep. 15 2009, 10:41 pm)
Quote (tribblenator999 @ Sep. 15 2009, 10:06 pm)
Quote (Ali88 @ Sep. 15 2009, 10:21 am)

I know but sucks that spock never knew how kirk really died.

what do you mean by that, Picard would have tried to get a message to him first chance he got. After all nobody, outside of the 1701's Senior staff, knew just how much of a bond those two shared with each other then Sarak (who i will remind you Picard shared minds with), who saw that bond first hand on a number of ocations (most notably when Kirk risked everything to retreive Spocks body in Trek 3).