TREK XI's

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Sep. 11 2009, 4:53 pm

Is the fact that it succeeded in bringing in new fans.

Regardless if one like the movie the fact that it is bringing in new fans into the world of TREK, that's something we should all be greatful for.

My second best part is that they had an amazing merchandising campaign for the people who like the new movie  AND those that like TOS.

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Narada

Report this Sep. 11 2009, 5:00 pm

I agree with those positive attributes! I also like the cast and production elements. Yes there are many bright lights and lens flares and sometimes in excess but I still feel it was exciting and visually stimulating. I also feel the character interaction and chemistry was emphasized which is one element that was absolutely necessary.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Sep. 11 2009, 5:07 pm

You make some very good points. I was really referring to how it brought in more fans actually. It's been a very long time since we have had a very positive reaction to TREK and I am glad for it. :D

Narada

Report this Sep. 11 2009, 5:09 pm

Yes I know your meaning about new fans and I am most grateful for that! I liked to see everyone excited for Trek again even though some people are not excited. I watch many youtube videos made by young people and CGI artists who were also inspired by the new movie. Also there are many young and new fans who started watching the Original Series which is very good! I hope the next movie continues to inspire and bring in more fans.

WkdYngMan

Report this Sep. 11 2009, 7:13 pm

It's best parts is that it brought Trek back in new and exciting ways, and for me gave me a refreshed interest in a franchise I sort of lost hope in (though even that may be over stating it.)  I'm now back in full Trekkie mode.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Sep. 11 2009, 8:08 pm

Yea it is nice to be able to do our thing and look ultra Trekkie about it!

GalaxyClass14

Report this Sep. 12 2009, 9:35 pm

Quote (Narada @ Sep. 10 2009, 6:00 pm)

word up

GalaxyClass14

Report this Sep. 12 2009, 9:37 pm

Quote (Narada @ Sep. 10 2009, 6:09 pm)

most excellent

GalaxyClass14

Report this Sep. 12 2009, 9:37 pm

Quote (WkdYngMan @ Sep. 10 2009, 8:13 pm)
It's best parts is that it brought Trek back in new and exciting ways, and for me gave me a refreshed interest in a franchise I sort of lost hope in (though even that may be over stating it.) ?I'm now back in full Trekkie mode.

word
rock on

Mirrorgirl

Report this Sep. 13 2009, 4:45 am

Yes, yes and yes.

Probably for the first time in 40 years, Star Trek is cool and a whole new bunch of fans are discovering TOS, that makes me very happy.

IDIC4LIFE

Report this Sep. 14 2009, 1:04 am

Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Sep. 10 2009, 6:53 pm)
Is the fact that it succeeded in bringing in new fans.

My second best part is that they had an amazing merchandising campaign for the people who like the new movie ¿AND those that like TOS.

:cool: ¿:cool: ¿:cool: ¿:cool:

Yep yep I agree with everything in this thread. It certainly breathed new life into an unfortunately stale franchise from enterprise and nemesis. The fact it received such positive reviews from non fans, speaks for itself.

GalaxyClass14

Report this Sep. 14 2009, 11:37 am

st09
has returned me to
tos

st09
has made tos
more exciting to me

curious

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Sep. 14 2009, 11:54 am

Quote (Mirrorgirl @ Sep. 13 2009, 1:45 am)
Yes, yes and yes.

I agree for the most part, although I think the last time TREK was cool was at the height of the TNG/DS9 era.

Bringing in new fans to TOS and any other TREK series is a very good thing IMO.  :D

MrsStarbuck

Report this Sep. 14 2009, 12:39 pm

Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Sep. 10 2009, 10:53 pm)
Is the fact that it succeeded in bringing in new fans.

I agree ;)

axilmar1

Report this Sep. 14 2009, 12:43 pm

Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Sep. 11 2009, 4:53 pm)
Is the fact that it succeeded in bringing in new fans.

:cool: ¿:cool: ¿:cool: ¿:cool:

I am not sure the movie brought new fans. It has certainly brought new viewers, but it remains to be seen if they are really fans of Star Trek.

Can we also call fans of STXI fans of Star Trek in general? if these people have not seen anything before STXI? I don't think so.