troll questions

RedShirtGuyNumber1001

POSTS: 2016

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 8:14 pm

the movies board is full of troll topics that have been asked many times, any way to stop them considering the movie has been out a long time now and successfull.

SaturnsRings

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 9:02 pm

I think people need to really try hard and not respond to them. That is the only way I can think of to make a troll go away is by not feeding them.

SaturnsRings

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 9:13 pm

Quote (trekbuff @ Sep. 03 2009, 9:09 pm)
A lot of folks, both new and previous members, are asking similar questions. May be they weren't involved in previous conversations or they are new members because of STXI. Aren't those new members what we wanted????

What would you suggest folks do when they have a question about STXI or one of the other Trek movies.

We used to be able to defer them to previous discussions with a link to an old thread, but those threads are gone. That is what folks should be complaining about.

:idea:

I have no problem with people asking questions even if those questions have been asked many times before. I have a problem with trolling questions which are specifically designed to pick a fight.

MANTAN

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 9:19 pm

Um just a suggestion, if you would like to discuss trolling, do you think you could discuss that at the Ten Forward board? This board is specifically for the movies.

Baratine

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 10:08 pm

The OP's post about "troll" posts is a "troll" post because it ads nothing to the conversation.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 10:18 pm

Quote (Baratine @ Sep. 03 2009, 7:08 pm)

It can't be a Troll because it STARTED the conversation, ironically enough.

Baratine

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 10:24 pm

What number movie was Star Trek:Troll?

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 10:26 pm

Quote (Baratine @ Sep. 03 2009, 7:24 pm)
What number movie was Star Trek:Troll?

This topic is addressing the issue of trolls in the movie forum....

It's not that hard to figure out...

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 11:22 pm

Quote (trekbuff @ Sep. 03 2009, 8:20 pm)
Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Sep. 03 2009, 10:26 pm)
Quote (Baratine @ Sep. 03 2009, 7:24 pm)
What number movie was Star Trek:Troll?

This topic is addressing the issue of trolls in the movie forum....

It's not that hard to figure out...

Hey, Admiral.

Can you contemplate the absolute bliss of total ignorance?

I'll almost bet there are a few folks who would have problems ;)

And to think some folks worry about swine flu....

Sometimes I can't help myself....

All I can say is:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  ;)

RedShirtGuyNumber1001

POSTS: 2016

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 11:29 pm

hey i am not the troll here, people asking the same stupid questions is ridiculous, and it makes it difficult to post a new topic if ten people ask the same question about why Kirk isn't bald like Picard, do you see my point?

RedShirtGuyNumber1001

POSTS: 2016

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 11:31 pm

by the way don't be an a&&hole now, this question is legitimate.

Admiral_BlackCat

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 11:41 pm

Don't feed the trolls.

RedShirtGuyNumber1001

POSTS: 2016

Report this Sep. 03 2009, 11:53 pm

yeah true, sorry the a-hole comment was directed at another person.....stupid topics i keep seeing boiled down in so many words is "JJ Abrams sucks"  That's like saying at this point The Pittsburgh Steelers sucked last year, did they not win the super bowl, did the new trek movie not make 300,000,000 and get people back into Star Trek.  I think it's bs.

RedShirtGuyNumber1001

POSTS: 2016

Report this Sep. 04 2009, 2:47 pm

That is understandable....but I guess what I wonder is who cares who directed the movie.  If Scorceze, Rodriguez, or Tarentino directed it I think people would be saying the same thing.  Some people don't like him because he is not Berman.  That would be a good argument if they said that, but all the say is "Abrams sucks because he sucks."  But as I said I do understand.  But if the responses weren't troll responses though it would be better, you know what I am saying.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Sep. 04 2009, 2:51 pm

Quote (RedShirtGuyNumber1001 @ Sep. 04 2009, 11:47 am)
That is understandable....but I guess what I wonder is who cares who directed the movie. ¿If Scorceze, Rodriguez, or Tarentino directed it I think people would be saying the same thing. ¿Some people don't like him because he is not Berman. ¿That would be a good argument if they said that, but all the say is "Abrams sucks because he sucks." ¿But as I said I do understand. ¿But if the responses weren't troll responses though it would be better, you know what I am saying.

Yes, I believe I do. Correct me if I'm  wrong BTW.

You feel that if people did things in a more constructive manner it would be better for all involved.  :D