Wil Weaton on ST XI

> id="QUOTE">From trekweb.com:

:whatthe:

rocketscientist

Report this Aug. 27 2009, 2:31 pm

From trekweb.com:

iF: What did you think of the new STAR TREK movie?

WHEATON: I absolutely loved everything about it. I thought it was wonderful. I wrote about it for "The Geek in Review" column I write for the Suicide Girls website. I loved the new STAR TREK movie. I had a lot of fun in it. It looked and sounded great. I thought all the actors were terrific and I enjoyed the story very much. Speaking as a fan who lives in this post-PHANTOM MENACE world, I really loved the way J.J. Abrams and his screenwriters took the time lines and basically said, "Listen STAR TREK fans, this thing you loved for 40 years, it still exists. We're not messing with it or taking it out of continuity. We respect and we honor your love for it. We're going to boldly go where no one has gone before. If you want to come with us, you're totally welcome. And if you don't, that's cool, no hard feelings, enjoy the stuff that's come before." It's such a stark difference when George Lucas released the STAR WARS special editions and the prequels. His attitude seemed to be more, "Well, I'm taking my toys, leaving, screw you, you don't get to play with them anymore. And you shouldn't have liked them before, and you're stupid for liking them before." It was so devastating to be told by the person who created the thing you loved so much that "Yeah, this thing, I didn't really mean it."

The_Rack_of_TPol

Report this Aug. 27 2009, 4:30 pm

Quote (rocketscientist @ Aug. 27 2009, 2:31 pm)

This guy is a tool, but he's dead-on here...Absolutely and without a doubt!!

Me?  I wouldn't have shown all the Haters as much respect as they're given as is pointed-out here...They don't deserve it based on the way they've acted from day one.  But then again, I'm not trying to sell them stuff.

Last_Human

Report this Aug. 27 2009, 8:27 pm

The new film is basically so annoying because it knows that the Star Trek universe exists. It knows that itself exists. You don't get the feeling that you're watching a new ST film, rather that you're watching a film with some people saying "look, it's Star Trek!". Bad news.

SaturnsRings

Report this Aug. 27 2009, 8:49 pm

Quote (Last_Human @ Aug. 27 2009, 8:27 pm)

I felt like I was watching a new Star Trek movie.

The_Rack_of_TPol

Report this Aug. 27 2009, 11:08 pm

Quote (Last_Human @ Aug. 27 2009, 8:27 pm)

What??

Goodchild

Report this Aug. 27 2009, 11:20 pm

border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">>>Quote (rocketscientist @ Aug. 27 2009, 10:31 am)

WkdYngMan

Report this Aug. 27 2009, 11:50 pm

He meant as a viewer of the film.

MrsStarbuck

Report this Aug. 28 2009, 6:20 am

Quote (rocketscientist @ Aug. 26 2009, 8:31 pm)
WHEATON: It's such a stark difference when George Lucas released the STAR WARS special editions and the prequels. His attitude seemed to be more, "Well, I'm taking my toys, leaving, screw you, you don't get to play with them anymore. And you shouldn't have liked them before, and you're stupid for liking them before." It was so devastating to be told by the person who created the thing you loved so much that "Yeah, this thing, I didn't really mean it."

[/quote]

I hope he doesn't have any aspirations of being cast in a George Lucas film!

:laugh:

(Although I do agree with him)

Vger23

Report this Aug. 28 2009, 7:51 am

Quote (rocketscientist @ Aug. 27 2009, 2:31 pm)
From trekweb.com:

iF: What did you think of the new STAR TREK movie?

It's really just that simple, isn't it?

RedShirtGuyNumber1001

POSTS: 2016

Report this Aug. 28 2009, 5:38 pm

Wil Wheaton is the man don't knock the Wheatman.  He gets it, he understands that in order to keep something going you need to attract new viewers.  James Bond has done that for ages, and Star Trek has now done that as well.

RomulusRemus

Report this Aug. 29 2009, 4:20 am

double post.

RomulusRemus

Report this Aug. 29 2009, 4:21 am

Quote (rocketscientist @ Aug. 27 2009, 2:31 pm)
From trekweb.com:

iF: What did you think of the new STAR TREK movie?

Don't you have anything better to do then post all these testimonials about how "swell" this crappy movie is?

SaturnsRings

Report this Aug. 29 2009, 4:44 am

Quote (RomulusRemus @ Aug. 29 2009, 4:21 am)
Quote (rocketscientist @ Aug. 27 2009, 2:31 pm)
From trekweb.com:

iF: What did you think of the new STAR TREK movie?

You're more than welcome not to read them. Or start your own threads with all the negative reviews.

WkdYngMan

Report this Aug. 29 2009, 8:06 am

Quote (SaturnsRings @ Aug. 29 2009, 4:44 am)

More than likely he already has.....

RedShirtGuyNumber1001

POSTS: 2016

Report this Aug. 29 2009, 11:53 am

Yeah I think the new Trek movie Sucks threads are annoying than 2012 questions.  It's always the same their argument is "The movie sucks because it sucks."  PROFOUND......