Communicator beeps

JimPhelps

Report this Aug. 19 2009, 10:42 pm

Something I always wanted to add to my cell phone was the BEEP BEEP noise that signaled that someone was calling another communicator from TOS. Ive been looking around online and it seems there are hundreds of sources to download the cricket-like chirp of the communicator opening but I have not found the BEEP BEEP noise anywhere. Does anyone have a copy of that sound effect or know where I can find it for myself?

And second question, I have a RAZR phone (i admit, i got it because it reminded me a lot of the TOS communicator). Ive read that some people have figured out how to set their phone to make that cricket chirp from TOS to sound when they OPEN their phone up. Can someone tell me how you do that? I know how to set certain sound cues (IE different ring tones for different callers in my phone book) and alarm cues but I didn't think you could put the sound effect on the phone opening. ¿

Hoping someone knows the answers.

JimPhelps

Report this Aug. 20 2009, 12:47 am

wow, i came up with a question that stumped the board.

MrsStarbuck

Report this Aug. 20 2009, 4:56 am

I go to a site called Zedge to download ringtones and message tones. You have to sign up but it's free. They have quite a lot of Star Trek tones and noises...no idea if they have what you're after but it may be worth a look.

Zedge

out_of_this_world

Report this Aug. 20 2009, 5:29 am

Amazon have the entire original series soundtrack and background noises collection..... I think it is on there. You would have to download it as an mp3 track I'm not sure if that is what you need or not

BrotherofShran01

Report this Aug. 20 2009, 6:46 am

Quote (JimPhelps @ Aug. 20 2009, 12:47 am)
wow, i came up with a question that stumped the board.

Check out the Star Trek TOS on this page. Thanks MrsStarbuck for this cool website.

zedge :)

JimPhelps

Report this Aug. 27 2009, 10:11 pm

Yes! That was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Admiral_JTK

Report this Aug. 28 2009, 11:34 am

Try this one...not quite the one you're looking for but close...

and you should be able to find that sound just by searching Star trek sounds - like I did for just this one sample

Admiral_JTK

Report this Aug. 28 2009, 11:49 am

Hey - found it....

Nevermind - looks like you found it already

Most_Illogical_Vulcan

Report this Sep. 01 2009, 8:46 pm

What ever happened to ripping audio off of DVDs or AVIs?

Admiral_JTK

Report this Sep. 01 2009, 11:20 pm

Quote (Most_Illogical_Vulcan @ Sep. 01 2009, 8:46 pm)
What ever happened to ripping audio off of DVDs or AVIs?

too much work - chances are most anything you want has already been done by someone else

spaceg1rl

Report this Jul. 25 2010, 5:43 pm

Can you make a computer sound like a communicator when it opens or when you get an email.

logical... mabye.

JimPhelps

Report this Dec. 09 2010, 7:59 pm

Sorry to re-ask this, but does anyone have a newer link? I just changed phones, was not able to transfer the sound effect to my new phone and again, when trying to find a new version of it, all I can find is the cricket chirp noises. Does anyone have a newer link to the BEEP BEEP hail of a TOS communicator?

Or alternatively, does anyone have a MP3 of the sound effect itself? That would help more. Just the sound effect, the BEEP BEEP hail.

JimPhelps

Report this Dec. 09 2010, 7:59 pm

*sorry, accidently doubly posted.*

Roboto

Report this Dec. 14 2010, 11:28 am

This probably is not as much help, but I will throw it out there anyway. If your phone has a "record audio" tool, you can just play a TOS episode on YouTube, and when the BEEP-BEEP comes up, you just hold your phone up to the speaker and record the sound...

... Hey. That is how I have gotten around paying for ring tones for the past two years now.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Dec. 22 2010, 2:00 pm

I don't think I've ever seen that one. Adding it to my list...