Huge Warp Nacelles

guideX

Report this Aug. 16 2009, 5:42 pm

guideX

Report this Aug. 16 2009, 5:43 pm

They're so big they don't even fit in the picture, and it's taking two spots!

PhantomCrunk007

Report this Aug. 16 2009, 5:56 pm

They look right to me.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Aug. 16 2009, 5:56 pm

They are just too big, and the funny thing is if they were a little further apart the wouldn't look nearly as big, Even at that i don't like this Enterprise.

SaturnsRings

Report this Aug. 16 2009, 6:53 pm

Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Aug. 16 2009, 5:56 pm)

Although I do like the size of the nacelles I do agree with you they should have been a little further apart.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Aug. 16 2009, 7:44 pm

I could live with these nacelles, but not the ones that were in the movie.

Joker2Thief

Report this Aug. 16 2009, 8:26 pm

Not.  Big.  Enough.

SaturnsRings

Report this Aug. 16 2009, 9:17 pm

Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ Aug. 16 2009, 7:44 pm)
I could live with these nacelles, but not the ones that were in the movie.

Size wise I would say those were the same as in the movie.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Aug. 16 2009, 9:48 pm

Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ Aug. 16 2009, 4:44 pm)
I could live with these nacelles, but not the ones that were in the movie.

To me personally even this design is to radical a departure for the original constitution class. I will give it credit for at least looking something like the constitution class.

The JJ prise is just plain doesn't fit into the 23rd century that I know and love, 24th century maybe.

Admiral_BlackCat

Report this Aug. 16 2009, 10:53 pm

Just right.

Mirrorgirl

Report this Aug. 16 2009, 11:45 pm

I think the design of the suiderprise is a wonderful throwback to the car of the 50's and 60's

Combine this with mini-skirts, you've got classic Trek meets American Graffitti, it's a college flick   :laugh:

Now if they could just get rid of the 80% of the lighting on the iBridge, all will be well with the world.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Aug. 17 2009, 12:00 am

Honestly almost every aspect about the design of the Enterprise(with the exception of the Transporters) is the only area in TREK XI that I have major issues with.

Mirrorgirl

Report this Aug. 17 2009, 12:10 am

Yeah, but what do you think of these ^^^^^^^^^cars? They look great.

I know it's not great science, but from a design point of view the squiddy has grown on me...but boy they need to do 100% better on the interiror next time, or else I shan't be so forgiving.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Aug. 17 2009, 12:25 am

The design of those cars are lovely.  IF they wanted a retro design for TREK XI  they could have went with the TOS Enterprise exteriors and upgraded the interiors.

1701AtoE

Report this Aug. 17 2009, 3:44 am

Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Aug. 17 2009, 12:00 am)

I agree.  Took a LONG stare by me throughout weeks before I can say I (mildly) like it.    Abrams said he wanted a HOT ROD.   I can understand that given the directive was to attractive wider and possibly younger audience.  This new design almost had me thinking that it's a transformer and can become super starfleet transformer hero!