Great quotes

core17

Report this Aug. 10 2009, 9:33 pm

Post your favorite quotes here!

Sometimes a character delivers a line that makes me laugh out loud . . . hard!

I'm currently watching Qpid.

At the part where the crew is transported to 19th century earth as Robin Hood and his Merry Men . . .

Worf goes "Sir! I protest!  I am NOT a merry man!"

I don't know why it made me laugh so hard, but it did!

What are some of your favorite quotes?

core17

Report this Aug. 11 2009, 12:24 am

Haha! Ok, another one!
In the episode "Half a Life," Lwaxana Troi is on the bridge nosing around Worf's station.  As Worf tells her that she should not be on the bridge, she points to a button on his control panel and says "What's that little one do, Mr. Woof?"

:P Ok, maybe I'm easily amused.

challengerdyer

Report this Aug. 11 2009, 9:28 am

Not an exact quote from "Hollow Pursuits" but, " Very good, Mr. Broccoli."  (Picard to Mr. Barclay)

Kukalaka009

Report this Aug. 11 2009, 9:32 am

In "Relics" when Scotty asks Data the name of the beverage that is offered...and Data has no clue.

Data - "It is...it is green."

For some reason (and i think it has to do with Spiner's delivery) that line always makes me laugh.

CornishMonkey

Report this Aug. 12 2009, 1:45 pm

The greatest quote in all of Star Trek:

"Baby needs a new pair of shoes." - Data in The Royale

He delivers the line with panache and a snap of the fingers @ 2m00s... Cool.

core17

Report this Aug. 12 2009, 6:07 pm

Haha, I remember that line . . . it is good!

captbates

Report this Aug. 12 2009, 6:15 pm

Quote (Kukalaka009 @ Aug. 10 2009, 2:32 pm)

Data - "It is...it is green."

Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, but the quote is also used by Scotty in an episode of TOS. By Any Other Name

Ensign_Riwa

Report this Aug. 12 2009, 6:20 pm

Quote (core17 @ Aug. 10 2009, 6:33 pm)
Post your favorite quotes here! ¿

Sometimes a character delivers a line that makes me laugh out loud . . . hard! ¿

I'm currently watching Qpid. ¿

Worf goes "Sir! I protest! ¿I am NOT a merry man!" ¿

I don't know why it made me laugh so hard, but it did! ¿

What are some of your favorite quotes?

I loved that one!

My favorite is more of a scene, but it's also hilarious!

When Geordi's trying to tune his little Midevial (sp?) guitar/lute, and he's woefully out of tune, and Worf comes up and smashes it against the tree. "Sorry."  :laugh:

core17

Report this Aug. 12 2009, 6:25 pm

LOL, yeah, he says it like it was truly an accident!

Ensign_Riwa

Report this Aug. 12 2009, 6:27 pm

Welcome to the boards, core17! :rookie:

Gaak

Report this Aug. 12 2009, 9:57 pm

Quote (Ensign_Riwa @ Aug. 12 2009, 6:20 pm)
My favorite is more of a scene, but it's also hilarious!

When Geordi's trying to tune his little Midevial (sp?) guitar/lute, and he's woefully out of tune, and Worf comes up and smashes it against the tree. "Sorry." ¿:laugh:

Ever see Animal House? Bluto (John Belushi) takes a guitar away from a young man playing a horrible song, smashes it, then hands it back and says : "sorry"!

I always thought that the bit in Q-pid between Geordi and Worf was an homage to that movie scene.

thereR4lights

Report this Aug. 14 2009, 4:08 am

"captain picard day?"

"it's for the chidren.... im a role model."

CornishMonkey

Report this Aug. 14 2009, 8:21 pm

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your little... quest. Captain Ahab has to go... hunt his whale." - Lily Sloane, ST:FC

The scene in question.

spacemonster

Report this Aug. 15 2009, 5:59 am

Quote (CornishMonkey @ Aug. 13 2009, 9:21 pm)

The scene in question.

I chuckle with this line since Patrick Stewart went on to play Ahab in Moby Dick not long after...

BrotherofShran01

Report this Aug. 15 2009, 3:41 pm

Hi core17. Welcome to the TNG and Star Trek Boards.  :)