Best Star Trek friendship

defiant_12

Report this Aug. 04 2009, 3:52 pm

Which friendship do you think was portrayed best in Star Trek? I picked 1 from each series that i felt was the strongest (couldn't split up the triad in TOS), but explain your choice if its not on the list.  Personally I would say Bashir/O'Brien. They were simply just two buds, playing on the holodeck, building models, getting drunk, ect. and I really enjoyed the way their friendship grew over DS9's run.

TashaYar86

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 3:49 am

Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

And Tasha & Data! :)

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 10:02 am

The original longest lasting friendship: Kirk/Spock/McCoy.

exodus201

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 10:39 am

Sisko/Dax

OtakuJo

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 11:07 am

I vote Bashir and O'Brien. They had some really great scenes together and I loved the way that their friendship evolved initially from a position of (one way) antagonism.

If in the 21st century they would probably be into models, cards and RPG. ^_^

Valdena

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 11:29 am

Kirk/Spock/Bones :D

ShranWeyoun

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 12:20 pm

I vote Bashir/O'Brien they got an entire flashback montage in the last episode of DS9.

juliansgirl7

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 1:53 pm

Quote (OtakuJo @ Aug. 05 2009, 11:07 am)

If in the 21st century they would probably be into models, cards and RPG. ^_^

They get my vote too

I'm posting a video that shows how cute their friendship is

whyaduck

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 2:39 pm

Kirk, Spock, and McCoy will always have a special place in my heart, but I love Archer and Trip.

coloradochaz

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 3:17 pm

The friendship between Miles O'Brien and Worf spanned both Deep Space Nine and The Next Generation.

Dbear1

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 5:56 pm

I went with Bashir and OBrian myself, the others had their moments, but those two I thought worked well because they were so different.

Kirk/Spock/McCoy were of course awesome also,  I thought the Archer/Trip friendship was also good.

As much as I like Voyager as a show, the Kim/Paris did not really work, while Paris I thought was a good character, Kim was really kind of boring and was the weakest character in the show.

Data/Laforge did nothing for me also, first I am not a big fan of TNG, LeForge really was just sort of there and it did not come across for me on the screen.

sonofspock1

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 6:16 pm

None for Tom amd Harry! :laugh:

Dbear1

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 6:21 pm

Quote (sonofspock1 @ Aug. 05 2009, 6:16 pm)
None for Tom amd Harry! :laugh:

Think the main problem is Harry Kim is not a popular character even to us fans of Voyager.  He just did not do anything but get his butt whooped or fall for some unattainable alien woman.  I think Paris was a good character, but to be a good friendship on the screen both characters have to be strong.

defiant_12

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 7:49 pm

Agree that Kim was a weak character, but no other relationships came close to being portrayed as much save for maybe Janeway/Chakotay or Janeway/Tuvok. And VOY is supposed to be known for its "familial" feel among the crew...

WedgeBob

Report this Aug. 05 2009, 7:53 pm

How about the friendship between Seven of Nine and Captain Janeway?  I think that was usually one of the better ones around, imo.  They've always seemed to build a friendship in most eps of VOY.
Needless to say, Kirk, Spock, and Bones are still tops on my list.

Users browsing this forum: Drunkin Druid, darmokattanagra