The Best Enterprise Episodes

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 6:02 pm

Hi everyone. I am watching Regeneration at the time of this post. I thought it was a good episode. Though I am grateful for the "What you like about Enterprise" thread, it is time to name the episodes that you think is the best. I will be fair, TATFV is not the best episode, but I will not bash it on this thread. If you like it, that is okay. Be nice, no trolling or bashing. State why you like it and be fair or don't post. You can list episodes individually or in a list.

To get started, I think that In a Mirror, Darkly Part I & II are some of the Best episodes on Enterprise.

What is yours?

honeybee1111

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 6:26 pm

So many to choose from:

Season 1: Broken Bow, Shockwave Part 1, The Andorian Incident, Fusion
Season 2: Carbon Creek, Minefield, Dead Stop, The Catwalk, Singularity, Cogenitor, Regeneration
Season 3: Anomaly, Impulse, Twilight, Similitude, Azati Prime, The Forgotten
Season 4: Home, The Vulcan Arc, Observer Effect, Demons, Terra Prime (which is the last episode)

So much easier than the worst episode thread.

Most favorites are: Dead Stop, Twilight and Similitude

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 6:36 pm

Proving ground and Zero Hour

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 7:05 pm

My most favorite is Cogenitor.  But a close second is Similitude.

grigori

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 7:14 pm

The literary critic votes we also discuss & analyze our favorite episodes!! :D

Lists are good. I become neurotic and freeze like a deer in headlights if I hafta choose just one. And as soon as I name one it seems I've forgotten to pay attention to another one. On the other hand....see, Bro/Shran? you've got me all schizoid already! :laugh:

Lately I've been fond of...da**it. Favorite for what reason? Hard moral questions? that's my first love. Character development? my second--that includes the lighter, more humorous offerings. Juicy tidbits about the Vulcans and Andorians? comes in third...

honeybee has some caviar on her list, regarding my favorite subjects.

Andorian Incident, Shadows of P'Jem, Detained, Fallen Hero (our crew becomes a bit cleverer & deceitful & a Vulcan appreciates it), and I REALLY liked the Shockwave cliffhanger. Nothing like losing control of your ship to bring out the best in a crew.

Carbon Creek, The Seventh, Singularity (sort of inverse character development through satire), Stigma, Judgment (a 3-dimensional Klingon!)--loved First Flight. But you usually can't go wrong with that type of nostalgic flashback episode anyway. But this one goes a step further in building on T'Pol's/Archer's relationship in the present.

Similitude, Proving Ground, Hatchery, Azati Prime, The Forgotten, Zero Hour (classic action build and heroics).

Home, the Vulcan AND Andorian Trilogies, Demons/Terra Prime.

The lists are too long. If the same ones start coming up again & again we'll strike up a conversation...

NARROWED DOWN: Shadows of P'Jem, Shockwave Pt II, Zero Hour, Kir'Shara.

honeybee1111

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 7:21 pm

Well, it is hard to choose - I think Enterprise did scary better than any Trek - so I love the pure horror Goodness of Impulse and Dead Stop. But neither of those is really that deep compared to the Forgotten or Similitude. The flexibility of the format produces a whole apples and oranges thing..

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 7:21 pm

Quote (Northern_Girl @ July 27 2009, 7:05 pm)
My most favorite is Cogenitor. ¿But a close second is Similitude.

Hi Northern_Girl. Welcome to the Enterprise boards. Good episode pics

grigori

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 7:23 pm

Quote (Northern_Girl @ July 27 2009, 7:05 pm)
My most favorite is Cogenitor. ¿But a close second is Similitude.

I forgot about Cogenitor! New sub-section: episodes so provocative they make my skin crawl.

honeybee1111

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 7:26 pm

I'll hit that thread, grigori - I love Trek when it poses good moral questions.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 7:26 pm

Quote (grigori @ July 27 2009, 7:14 pm)
The literary critic votes we also discuss & analyze our favorite episodes!! :D

honeybee has some caviar on her list, regarding my favorite subjects.

Home, the Vulcan AND Andorian Trilogies, Demons/Terra Prime.

NARROWED DOWN: Shadows of P'Jem, Shockwave Pt II, Zero Hour, Kir'Shara.

Hi grigori. You do not have to have a list. You can name individual episodes as well. I try to keep this thread as free form as I can. If someone mentions an episode that you like, you can state whether or not you want to include it as one of the best ENT episodes you like.

honeybee1111

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 7:28 pm

I think Shockwave Part 1 is often overlooked as a great episode. I love it when the crew suddenly outsmarts the bad guys - of course in this case it takes an informant for them to do so - but once Daniels gives them the info and Archer springs into action - the episode gets really fun. It's good to see everyone work together - then be thwarted in the cliffhanger.

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 7:37 pm

Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ July 27 2009, 7:21 pm)
Quote (Northern_Girl @ July 27 2009, 7:05 pm)
My most favorite is Cogenitor. ?But a close second is Similitude.

Hi Northern_Girl. Welcome to the Enterprise boards. Good episode pics

Thank you Brother.

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 7:38 pm

Quote (grigori @ July 27 2009, 7:23 pm)
Quote (Northern_Girl @ July 27 2009, 7:05 pm)
My most favorite is Cogenitor. ?But a close second is Similitude.

Speaking of skin crawling, what was the name of that episode
where Trip got pregnant?

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 7:42 pm

Quote (Northern_Girl @ July 27 2009, 7:37 pm)
Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ July 27 2009, 7:21 pm)
Quote (Northern_Girl @ July 27 2009, 7:05 pm)
My most favorite is Cogenitor. ?But a close second is Similitude.

Hi Northern_Girl. Welcome to the Enterprise boards. Good episode pics

Thank you Brother.

Please call me Bro.

Code Sample

These action episodes are good Enterprise TV for me.  :)

grigori

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 8:11 pm

Quote (Northern_Girl @ July 27 2009, 7:38 pm)
Quote (grigori @ July 27 2009, 7:23 pm)
Quote (Northern_Girl @ July 27 2009, 7:05 pm)
My most favorite is Cogenitor. ?But a close second is Similitude.

Speaking of skin crawling, what was the name of that episode
where Trip got pregnant?

Unexpected. It was MEANT to be an early lesson on how even well-meaning alien encounters can go seriously wrong. With some humor thrown in.

However, it only becomes "provocative" when you get embroiled in that sub-sect argument "Was it rape?" There's a whole other THREAD devoted to that! don't need to outline it here.

Oh, and Bro: good thread idea! tx.

Users browsing this forum: heronymous