The USS Kelvin Scene

CharlieTucker

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 2:29 pm

I cried during the USS Kelvin scene because its so sad. I thought it was one of the very best scene's in the movie. I even saw the movie two more times just to see the Kelvin scene again.

What did you think of this scene?

nextgeneration14

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 8:55 pm

The opening was easily one of the best examples of why Star Trek is great. :honorable:

WkdYngMan

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 9:03 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ July 27 2009, 2:44 pm)
I think many agree it was one of the best opening scenes of all the Trek movies, Trip...

Even the way the movie was set up like a Trek episode and the opening was the "teaser" before the opening credits (such as they were)...probably Orci's doing.

:logical:

I liked that.  Getting it right to the point.  The opening "Bridge Chimes" after the music was great.

Vger23

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 9:13 pm

It was truly a great scene, and IMO the best opening to any Trek movie (with TMP's Klingon Battle and TWOK's Kobyashi Maru both close second and third).

There was a big, loud-mouthed construction worker type guy sitting right next to me on preview night (May 7th), and he had tears in his eyes.

As did I...

:laugh:

TrekFan1701E

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 9:27 pm

Great opening scene. Then having that music with the Trek Logo coming in after it.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 9:44 pm

Definitely a great opening. I almost cried during the USS Kevin Scene. If I had to go out in battle, that is one way I would like to go.

Cynic321

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 9:57 pm

The 'cold open' like that (action before credits) is a JJ Abrams trademark. I've read about him using it extensively in 'LOST' (don't watch the show myself) .

Easily one of the best openings ever.

:cool:

thereR4lights

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 9:58 pm

i saw it five times...

cried every time..

sobed my a$$ off the first time

Khoufu_Khorushu

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 10:11 pm

It was sooo sad. I think my dad would cry if he saw it, but I just thought it was bold and brave of him. (I never cry when someone dies...baybe I have Klingon blood or something lol)

Mirrorgirl

Report this Jul. 27 2009, 11:18 pm

Easily one of the best opening scenes in any movie ever. I know that is a big statement, but I am a movie nut and a trekkie and I don't think we could have seen a more powerful or moving scene. A tribute to the movie-makers art.

And it was a fitting way to herald the birth of the most enduring character created in the last forty years. No choirs of angels for his birth, but a space battle where his father gave his life for his duty and for his wife and child. Bravo! to Star Trek!

Captain_Storma

Report this Jul. 28 2009, 7:58 am

Easily the best scene in the movie. :) I liked what we saw of the Kelvin and her crew and have accepted her as part of the official TREK canon. I wish we had more time to get to know those characters.

Best opening IMO still remains GENERATION with the bottle. Timeless, surprising and unexpected when you see it for the first time.

Mirrorgirl

Report this Jul. 28 2009, 8:06 am

Quote (Captain_Storma @ July 28 2009, 9:58 pm)

That is indeed a great scene. In fact Star Trek movies generally have great opening scenes

Kirk_vs_Kahn

Report this Jul. 28 2009, 8:39 am

IMO, that was the Best Trek opening, and one of the best fim openings ever.

So good. I watched the film 3 times, and with each viewing, it was harder to hold back the tears at the start. Simply EPIC.

KALEL

Report this Jul. 28 2009, 4:54 pm

Hands down the best opening Trek scene I've ever seen. The bottle scene in Generations was my favorite until I saw the new movie. Epic.

ItalianTiberius24

Report this Jul. 28 2009, 4:57 pm

Hands down the biggest waste of money on an overblown opening scene ever! :sick: