Best Pilot episode

nextgeneration14

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 12:35 am

Although it's not my favorite series, DS9 had a great series premier.

SLagonia

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 1:10 am

Where No Man Has Gone Before should be up there, but since it generally wins in a landslide anyway, I guess this makes it more fair.

Mirrorgirl

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 7:49 am

Yeah, couldn't vote - 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' hands down

ENT567

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 8:00 am

I vote "Broken Bow" (no wonder, is it?), though I put Caretaker on a par:
1. Broken Bow and Caretaker
2. The Cage
3. Encounter...
4. Emissary

If WNMHGB should be included, I put it on a par with Encounter...

captbates

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 8:18 am

DS9 had a really poor start, TNG Farpoint WTF? (although the introduction of Q could redeem the episode) ENT was so so, The Cage shouldn't really be on the list.

Caretaker, still not fantastic, but the best of a bad bunch.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 10:41 am

The Cage :logical:

daniliescu

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 11:40 am

wasnt the man trap the first TOS although they wanted the cage to be first

captbates

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 12:22 pm

Quote (starbase63 @ July 24 2009, 3:37 pm)
Quote (captbates @ July 25 2009, 8:18 am)
DS9 had a really poor start, TNG Farpoint WTF? ENT was so so, The Cage shouldn't really be on the list.

Caretaker, still not fantastic, but the best of a bad bunch.

Why shouldn't "The Cage" be on there?

It's the beginning of all Trek.

"The Cage" is the cornerstone, TOS is the foundation. All other Trek is built upon that.

:logical:

Yeah, your correct, but it's not the Enterprise crew we got to know and love. WNMGB should be the choice in this kind of poll. IMHO of course  ;)

MrSpock44

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 1:06 pm

Where No Man Has Gone Before is my favorite, but I think The Cage is my #2 choice (and since it's really the first Trek episode, I do think it deserves to be on the list).  Cerebral, very "Trekish", and overall a really interesting episode.  I like all the pilot episodes, even Farpoint.  Each has some strong points and at least gives a hint about the good stuff to come.

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 1:12 pm

Broken Bow, definitely.

sonofspock1

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 1:49 pm

Enterprise had a strong start, every episode that follws besides BB don't really hold up very well on a second viewing, IMO.

mbickle1

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 2:25 pm

Broken Bow

Dbear1

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 2:43 pm

My favorite was Caretaker, but Broken Bow was pretty good also.

The Cage was ok, but not really awesome for my taste.  Emissary had its moments, but was kind of slow at times.

Encounter at Farpoint pretty much sucked by my standards.  I found it boring and it really did not make a lot of sense as a starting story for a new crew.  The only redeeming quality was the introduction of Q.

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 8:44 pm

Quote (sonofspock1 @ July 25 2009, 1:49 pm)

I've got to disagree. They get better with repeated viewings. Enterprise was replete with strong character-based stories, nuances, moral dilemmas, and interesting relationships.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 9:28 pm

DS9's Emissary. It had a great opening and a passing of the torch from TNG to DS9. I felt for Commander Sisko immediately after Sisko saw that his wife was killed in the attack and he did not want to leave her side. It took his fellow officers and his duty to Jake for him to leave the ship. Powerful stuff.  :logical: