The Single Greatest moment for YOU

Report this Jul. 20 2009, 8:08 pm

For you, personally - - and not necessarily the most popular or significant, what was YOUR greatest Enterprise moment out of all four seasons?

grigori

Report this Jul. 20 2009, 8:35 pm

After all that went into the Xindi search and all the wrong turns and cost to personal morality and self-respect and 2 dozen lives lost and Archer at last not EVEN getting off the weapon I found it very satisfying.

but the absolute icing on the cake was the fact that--at the very same time!--Enterprise was off SAVING the home space of the very species they set out to stop from destroying Earth! what juicy irony and breadth of humanity there.

Report this Jul. 20 2009, 8:36 pm

Yes, and cool picture too!  Thanks for posting it-

:cool:

honeybee1111

Report this Jul. 20 2009, 8:47 pm

Well, my favorite episode is Similitude...so I'll go with that.

But the founding of the federation is really the pinnacle of the series.

grigori

Report this Jul. 20 2009, 8:52 pm

Earth sure made a splash, hosting that one--the Federation. Of course at the time, 4 species might not have portended much. But getting those Andorians and Vulcans and Tellarites to sit down together was a beautiful extension of the hard negotiating Archer and his crew had done through-out the series.

One of my favorite parts of that was Trip and Soval becoming buddies during the Vulcan Arc, working together so well; an unlikely pair.

Gryffindor7

Report this Jul. 21 2009, 12:05 am

In the episode 'The Forge' - When Soval told Archer to keep investigating the bombing, that he'll support Archer all the way...

ENT567

Report this Jul. 21 2009, 2:07 am

I vote for "Archer destroying the Xindi Super Weapon" as the greatest and "T'Pol and Archer resolving to put aside any previous bias in final episode" (their final hug, right?) as the most moving moments.

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 21 2009, 7:52 am

Here you go ENT:

ENT567

Report this Jul. 21 2009, 8:12 am

Yep, that's where I start to :cry:
There's so much in her sudden care for his collar and in his awkward hug...
I mean, so much feeling of those who have come through lots of troubles to become close friends.
(thanks for the pic, I do love the scene even though it's in TATV :cool: )

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 21 2009, 8:18 am

I know what you mean. It's a very moving scene, but the complete episode and its concept (not to mention that the finale was three years too soon) sucked.

ENT567

Report this Jul. 21 2009, 8:26 am

Ah, that's another killing-me-softly pic!

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 21 2009, 8:44 am

I voted for trip and T'Pol finding out they had a baby together. Normally, I go for a big weapons explosion. However, finding out that there was a child that was an offspring of Trip and T'Pol and that neither Trip and T'Pol knew existed Was something big. For them to lose that child was a powerful moment that rated #1 for me.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 21 2009, 8:49 am

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 21 2009, 8:55 am

Quote (honeybee1111 @ July 20 2009, 8:47 pm)
Well, my favorite episode is Similitude...so I'll go with that.

But the founding of the federation is really the pinnacle of the series.

T'Pol and Sim

honeybee1111

Report this Jul. 21 2009, 8:56 am

Awww, thanks brotherofShran. Poor Sim - he really was the great, sacrificial hero of the show - and he only appeared in one episode. I love how CT made him a different character than Trip, despite everything. Once again, Sim's sacrifice makes TATV feel like overkill and unnecessary. Best episode ever. Top five episodes of all Trek.

I'm going for Demons and Terra Prime as the biggest, ultimate culmination of the series (with that one founding scene from the otherwise abhorrent TATV, included as part of it). Those two episodes showed a humanity that could have pulled back into isolation or moved forward to become part of the larger community in space - and even though it was uncertain, difficult and rules had to be laid down (like the Prime Directive) - humanity ultimately chose the better path. The TnT, baby Elizabeth story put emotional punch into the whole thing.

I would have liked to see that arc played out over the fifth season, against the coming Romulan War - but alas, that's what the books are for.

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra