I'm Back! And I wanna hear

KALEL

Report this Jul. 18 2009, 8:54 pm

Ok, Gang...I'm back from overseas, and I just saw Trek 11 and I loved it. Now, I'm not bashing anyone; but there were a lot of haters of this movie before it came out who were claiming that it would suck and that it would fail. What I'm interested in is the honest opinion of any of those people now that the movie is out and that it has had huge success. Has your opinion changed after seeing it (if you did actually see it)or does it remain the same? I remember that some people said that they wouldn't even go see it (and I remember who, too) but I'm not gonna out them. Just interested in honest opinions.

Report this Jul. 18 2009, 9:06 pm

saw it, still hated it.

Captain_Storma

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 3:16 am

Saw it (without paying of course, since I said I would not give a cent to see it - thanks to a friend who works at a cinema I was able to watch it, without tresspassing the law) - my initial points of criticism did not bother me that much (I still think a recast was completely unnecessary, and that a TOS reboot was a bad idea).

The actors did a good job given the poor screenplay they had to work with.

I did not like:
- The direction. JJ's style lacks esthetics, class... anyone can use shakey camera, but to give us something unique... well JJ's not the right person for this job

- The "so-called" story. Orci and Krutzman really messed this one up. This film is so filled with plotholes (in it's own continuity, not even looking at TREK in general), constructed scenes and coincidents... It' rather a TRANSFORMERS 1.5 (concerning dialogue, action and SFX scenes, and the complete absence of what made TREK to TREK), that a real STAR TREK film.

IMO

WkdYngMan

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 3:17 am

As you can see Kalel, they still are as uninformed as they were before the movie!  :laugh:

Captain_Storma

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 3:18 am

Quote (WkdYngMan @ July 19 2009, 12:17 pm)
As you can see Kalel, they still are as uninformed as they were before the movie! ¿:laugh:

Oh yes... of course we are uninformed... since our opinion does not match yours...

Grow up already...  :p

rocketscientist

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 11:07 am

Quote (BrianHMay @ July 19 2009, 3:32 am)
Quote (WkdYngMan @ July 19 2009, 3:17 am)
As you can see Kalel, they still are as uninformed as they were before the movie! ?:laugh:

No, I thought the movie sucked.
And I did pay for it.
Wish I could get that money and the 2 hours of my life back.
I could have used that money to go to a strip club and get a lap dance.

This revelation doesn't surprise me at all after it's despicable remark to MirrorGirl. ¿I guess I must have picked up some real psychology from my wife. ¿

A normal guy would have better sense than to tell everyone that he spends his money in stripclubs, especially since it makes him look pathetic and mysognistic.  Couple that with what was said to MG and this thing is not looking much like a well-adjusted guy at all.

Once again, stupid, mysoginistic, and offensive. ¿

Creep.

rocketscientist

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 11:20 am

Quote (Mirrorgirl @ July 19 2009, 5:17 am)
Quote (BrianHMay @ July 19 2009, 5:32 pm)
Quote (WkdYngMan @ July 19 2009, 3:17 am)

No, I thought the movie sucked.
And I did pay for it.
Wish I could get that money and the 2 hours of my life back.
I could have used that money to go to a strip club and get a lap dance.
I won't be going to see the sequel.

Classy!

Yeah, isn't it?

I was totally right about it, MG.  I knew it frequented strip clubs.

Stupid, obnoxious, and a mysoginist.

It hates women because it isn't in a real relationship with one (i.e. one where it doesn't have to pay).  It's projecting all that anger and frustration onto ST XI and the people who liked it here (and probably other people and things in RL).  It's so freakin' obvious.

I'm sorry you had to read that, after what it said to you.  Just try to ignore this little maggot.

rocketscientist

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 11:22 am

Quote (ServalanFan @ July 19 2009, 6:23 am)
Quote (BrianHMay @ July 19 2009, 3:32 am)
Quote (WkdYngMan @ July 19 2009, 3:17 am)

No, I thought the movie sucked.
And I did pay for it.
Wish I could get that money and the 2 hours of my life back.
I could have used that money to go to a strip club and get a lap dance.
I won't be going to see the sequel.

Are lap dances cheap or movies expensive in the US?
Hmmm I better keep my husband close when visiting your wonderful country ;)

I'm sorry you had to be subjected to that to, SF.  There have been some problems with this particular poster.  It's lacking in some very basic social mores and has some issues, particularly with regard to women, it seems.

I've reported him though.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 12:23 pm

Quote (Captain_Storma @ July 19 2009, 12:16 am)

Well if you saw it at the movies for free because your friend worked there both of you broke the law by him letting you in and your knowingly accepting his offer.

IF  he made you a copy of the DVD's the theater uses to project the movie, you broke the law because in essence you are in possession of stolen property AND piracy among other things.

Captain_Storma

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 1:42 pm

> id="QUOTE"> border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">>>Quote (Captain_Storma @ July 19 2009, 12:16 am)> id="QUOTE">
border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">>>Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ July 19 2009, 9:23 pm)

:cool: ¿:p ¿:laugh:

Bending Law here and there... and who knows... maybe they will make me Chief medic of the hospital I work at...  :cool:

MrMordenandAssociates

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 2:05 pm

Hated the concept before it came out, got duped into thinking I was wrong based on all the positive reviews, saw it, and hated it.

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 2:30 pm

Quote (rocketscientist @ July 19 2009, 11:22 am)
Quote (ServalanFan @ July 19 2009, 6:23 am)
Quote (BrianHMay @ July 19 2009, 3:32 am)
Quote (WkdYngMan @ July 19 2009, 3:17 am)

No, I thought the movie sucked.
And I did pay for it.
Wish I could get that money and the 2 hours of my life back.
I could have used that money to go to a strip club and get a lap dance.
I won't be going to see the sequel.

Are lap dances cheap or movies expensive in the US?
Hmmm I better keep my husband close when visiting your wonderful country ;)

I'm sorry you had to be subjected to that to, SF. ?There have been some problems with this particular poster. ?It's lacking in some very basic social mores and has some issues, particularly with regard to women, it seems. ?

I've reported him though.

So now I'm not allowed to visit strip clubs and be a poster on here? You need to get a grip.

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 2:34 pm

Quote (rocketscientist @ July 19 2009, 11:20 am)
I was totally right about it, MG. ¿I knew it frequented strip clubs. ¿

Stupid, obnoxious, and a mysoginist. ¿

It hates women because it isn't in a real relationship with one (i.e. one where it doesn't have to pay). ¿It's projecting all that anger and frustration onto ST XI and the people who liked it here (and probably other people and things in RL). ¿It's so freakin' obvious. ¿

I'm sorry you had to read that, after what it said to you. ¿Just try to ignore this little maggot.

So you think I am venting my anger at St XI because I have problems with women?
My problems with ST XI have nothing to do with women.
I hate ST XI because it's a reboot.

Khoufu_Khorushu

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 2:38 pm

My dad isn't going to see it for a common reason, that he liked the originals much better, but I saw it and a lot of it was prettygood, accept the thing between Spock and Uhura, and some of the age differences from TOS were waaay off, like Captain Pike and all. Wouldn't he have gone to Talos anyway, and had that horrible injury? Spock was supposed to be a lot older than that, since he had supposedly worked under Pike on the Enterprise before. It wasn't horrible,a nd at least they tried.

SpaceTherapist

Report this Jul. 19 2009, 2:42 pm

Quote (BrianHMay @ July 18 2009, 3:34 pm)
Quote (rocketscientist @ July 19 2009, 11:20 am)
I was totally right about it, MG. ?I knew it frequented strip clubs. ?

Stupid, obnoxious, and a mysoginist. ?

It hates women because it isn't in a real relationship with one (i.e. one where it doesn't have to pay). ?It's projecting all that anger and frustration onto ST XI and the people who liked it here (and probably other people and things in RL). ?It's so freakin' obvious. ?

I'm sorry you had to read that, after what it said to you. ?Just try to ignore this little maggot.

So you think I am venting my anger at St XI because I have problems with women?
My problems with ST XI have nothing to do with women.
I hate ST XI because it's a reboot.

You hate the movie because its a reboot. So if this had been the best Star Trek movie ever made or the best science fiction movie ever made you would have hated it even before you had seen it just because it was a reboot?

Users browsing this forum: miklamar