Good and Bad Girls of Star Trek

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 9:55 am

As a long time fan of Star Trek, I have admired the women of Star Trek - Good girls and Bad Girls.  ;)  I am not limiting this thread to TOS good and bad girls, but if a good or bad girl is not widely known, please post a pic. Also, remember there are minors on these threads. Now that the public service announcement is been done. Here is a list to get started:

Here my favorite TOS Good Girl:
Uhura

Here are my favorite Bad girl:
The Female Romulan Commander

Mirrorgirl

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 9:56 am

Favourite Good Girl: Edith Keeler

Favourite Bad Girl: Elaan

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 9:59 am

Quote (Mirrorgirl @ July 13 2009, 9:56 am)
Favourite Good Girl: Edith Keeler

Favourite Bad Girl: Elaan

Interesting choices MG.  :)  Why Elaan as your favorite bad girl?

Mirrorgirl

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 10:07 am

I just love her feistiness and I feel for her, she is stuck in a thankless situation. Kirk has to teach her more than manners, he teaches her duty as well...it's a bitter pill for the likes of her and Kirk.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 10:12 am

Quote (Mirrorgirl @ July 13 2009, 10:07 am)

True. She was use to getting her own way too much because of her status. One must watch out for those tears...  :)

MrsStarbuck

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 1:30 pm

Hmm...my favourite 'good girl' so far has been Rand...I'm not sure why, I just thought she could have ended up being an interesting character had she been around for longer.

I did also like Edith Keeler though...I'd say she's been the best matched woman to Kirk so far in terms of strength and character.

'Bad girls'...I don't know if I've seen many yet (in S1), apart from Marla McGivers in Space Seed, and she was just a bit pathetic IMO.

Admiral_JTK

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 4:07 pm

There are "Bad Girls" that the world is a better place for having them (Kamala)....

...and then there are "bad girls" who deserve serious b!tch-slapping, donkey-punching and getting blown out an air lock (Seska)

Valdena

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 4:15 pm

I like Edith Keeler too.

KeiraScott

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 4:21 pm

I love Elaan, she's so funny, especially when Kirk slaps her back :D

Nyackjohn

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 4:26 pm

Well, Uhura will always be my favorite "good girl" but let's break this into Crew vs. Non-crew

Crew:
Good Girl - Uhura
Bad Girl - Marla McGivers (pathetic; worthless; what happened to your oath as an officer?; spineless... need I go on?)

Non-crew:
Good Girl - Edith Keeler
Bad Girl - Sylvia (from "Catspaw" - ugh, how I hated her)

Never really thought of Elaan or the Romulan Commander as a bad girl... just doing their duty. Besides, I really LIKE girls like Elaan...

other bad girls to consider: Zora from Savage Curtain (though not the kind of bad girl you'd want to get in trouble with), T'Pring (need I say more), Nona the Canutu Woman (you've already got the dumbdumb blond hunk of death woman, why do you need Kirk?), Deela from "Wink of an Eye" (talk about an ice princess or a woman who can freeze a man in his tracks :laugh: ), Marlena (she did disintegrate a few guys without the slightest care); Janice Lester (it wasn't because you were a woman they didn't want you as a starfleet captain, it's because you're several fries short of a happy meal! )

KeiraScott

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 4:30 pm

LOL Well said Nyack :applauds:

ENTONE

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 7:21 pm

Good: Uhura

Bad: Nona (A Private Little War)

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 9:44 pm

Quote (ENTONE @ July 13 2009, 7:21 pm)
Good: Uhura

Bad: Nona (A Private Little War)

What about Stella, ENTONE  :question:  :laugh:

Khoufu_Khorushu

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 9:51 pm

Good: Nurse Chapel

Bad (sorta): Computer voice after it got 'fixed' on that one planet'.

ENTONE

Report this Jul. 13 2009, 9:57 pm

Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ July 13 2009, 9:44 pm)
What about Stella, ENTONE ?:question: ?:laugh:

:laugh: She's soooo bad, she's good. ;)

Users browsing this forum: Ariel.Ostheimer