To justify some mistakes in the new masterpiece

The_Corbomite_Maneuver_Ma
n

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 7:23 am

I absolutely loved the NEW TREK, and I found it the most genius "reboot" of all the time, just because... it's not a #### reboot at all! This is genius!

(also, I'm a sucker for time travel).

I was thinking about this:

WHAT if Nero and Spock Prime travelled into an alternative timeline - I mean an already alternate timeline - slightly different from the Timeline Prime BY DEFAULT. They just further changed the history of THAT timeline. That would explain why the Enterprise looks different, and why there's no George Kirk (Jim's older brother) to begin with, and why there's a different estethical fashion and so on.

What do you think about it, fellow Trekkers or fellow Trekkies?

But please, just remember this new movie is fantastic, and I love it to death. Even if it misses the most beautiful and dramatically ultra-cool creature in the whole multiuniverse, William Shatner.

Tin_Man

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 9:51 am

Now it is being called a masterpiece....

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy that is at least worthy of being considered for such a title :logical:

But this summer blockbuster pop corn flick :sick:

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 9:54 am

Quote (Tin_Man @ July 10 2009, 6:51 am)
Now it is being called a masterpiece....

But this summer blockbuster pop corn flick :sick:

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion so don't knock them for that.

As for me its not the best TREK film and it's far from the worst as well. That's why it number 6 out of 11 on my list.

31st_Century_Temporal_Age
nt

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 10:16 am

Quote (The_Corbomite_Maneuver_Man @ July 10 2009, 7:23 am)

(also, I'm a sucker for time travel).

I was thinking about this:

What do you think about it, fellow Trekkers or fellow Trekkies?

Well actually the prime timeline has already been slightly altered through several time travel episodes over the years and series. DS9 "Past Tense" and Voyager "Future's End" left some repercussions in the timeline but not much. These are just a few episodes that have minor alterations. Most Trek time travel episodes have the incursions into the past corrected though with no lasting repercussions.

But what your suggesting is reasonable but totally unnecessary. Nero's appearance in 2233 was more than enough to set forth a drastic change in the timeline. After all I really doubt the Narada just camped out for 25 years. I am sure some Federation and other member ships were affected directly by the Narada. We don't know the what the crew of the Kelvin would have gone on to do in the prime timeline. All of their lives have been influenced with some being extinguished. Like I and many others have said the phaser, interior, ships designs, etc..... are all due to someone else getting the future job in the Starfleet Corps Of Engineers which will lead to technology and design changes.

Now George Kirk Jr was actually born before 2233 before Nero arrived that being said he must exist and does exist. Read the novelization or listen to the audiobook of Trek 11 he is in there. He is actually in the movie as the hitchhiking "Johnny" but since the beginning of that scene was cut from the movie they changed his name as not to confuse the story. We should see his real identity and that scene when the DVD comes out.

Vger23

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 10:31 am

Quote (Tin_Man @ July 10 2009, 9:51 am)
Now it is being called a masterpiece....

But this summer blockbuster pop corn flick :sick:

Just to prove how subjective opinions like this are...

To me, watching the LOTR Trilogy is as awful as slamming my genitals in a rusty car door over and over again. Long, plodding, nerdy, and blah.

Hey, I'm in the VAST minority on that one, I know...but you don't see me on LOTR websites crying and moaning about how awful the films truly are, condemning everyone who feels differently as idiots, morons, or people who don't undersatnd LOTR.

The_Corbomite_Maneuver_Ma
n

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 10:47 am

LOTR trilogy is rubbish. Jackson is a bad director. The movies are weak, very weak.

Mirrorgirl

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 11:19 am

I loved LOTR, but I don't care if others didn't :laugh:

SpaceTherapist

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 11:25 am

Another big LOTR fan. I like the movies I won't even read the books.

But if someone doesn't like it that's cool with me. :cool:

Mirrorgirl

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 11:43 am

The LOTR book is terrific too, but it does take a committment to read

Tin_Man

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 1:27 pm

I did say LOTR was only worth considering as a master piece. I have yet to see any movie that should instantly be called a masterpiece.

I've backed WAY OFF on my B!tching about this movie and have left the pro movie sunshine crew alone as of late. BUT come on calling it a master piece PLEASE...

People can have opinions but for Christ sake calling it a Master Piece! Next people are going to start saying that the writers, director and in fact the entire staff working this movie were some how inspired by god while making it.

Or would saying that STILL not be going too far in the praise category.

thereR4lights

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 1:55 pm

the lotr books are a masterpeice... never the movies

they are uncomparable... same story 9kin of) told completly diff

saying the movies could be a masterpiece is like sayin disneys robin hood is a masterpiece

new star trek deserves that term more than lotr movies

Tin_Man

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 2:00 pm

Quote (thereR4lights @ July 09 2009, 2:55 pm)
the lotr books are a masterpeice... never the movies

they are uncomparable... same story 9kin of) told completly diff

new star trek deserves that term more than lotr movies

Deranged much?

thereR4lights

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 2:04 pm

only you my freind

only you

have you read the books?

Tin_Man

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 2:09 pm

Quote (thereR4lights @ July 09 2009, 3:04 pm)
only you my freind

only you

have you read the books?

Yes all three plus the Hobbit.

The Pro Trek movie crowd is so proud of quoting box office numbers and critic reviews. Well all three LOTR movies have those in huge abundance plus a dump truck full of Oscars and other awards to go along with it.

Come back to me in a few years after the other 2 treks come out and we'll see which side has the bigger pile :laugh:

Plus there are 2 more movies coming out to cover the Hobbit.

thereR4lights

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 2:12 pm

um... never said star trek was a masterpiece

i said it deserves it more than the lotr movies

do you like the books or the movies more btw?

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam