Your Dream Starship

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 09 2009, 5:09 pm

Hi everyone. If you were given the chance by Starfleet and the Federation to build your dream starship, what would it be? It doesn't matter what the time period is, alternate universe, treaty, or resources.

Here is mine: This class of star ship will be called Explorer Class Starship.

This takes place in the 25th century. I would have the Xindi join the Federation. I would have Federation scientist, Starfleet engineers, and a some members of the Traveler species to analyze propulsion technology from Xindi, the Borg (Acquired from Janeway), and quantum slipstream drive technology to produce a Starship engine that could reach the Andromeda Galaxy and back within a reasonable amount of time.
This will be one of the biggest, advance class of star ship built to date. This engine would produce enough power to move this ship at trans warp speeds or better, power anti proton beams, interphasic cloaking device, and a limited energy dampening field (used for defensive purposes, can be modified for offensive purposes if needed). Additionally, anti proton beams and red matter torpedoes will be the main weapons.
Phasers and quantum torpedoes will be still be used when the max fire power is not needed. Furthermore, there will be break through in communication technology. Communication will be sent through a device based on a method created by Reginald Barclay - idea of directing a tachyon beam towards an approaching Class B itinerant pulsar to send a signal through an artificial micro-wormhole to be generated from the resulting gravimetric surge. Advance MIDAS arrays would be deployed in key areas to assist sending messages to starbases, starships, and Starfleet command. Intelligence data stolen from the Tholians will create new shields that act like a Tholian web around the ship to help protect it. This new shield will not be affected by the anti proton beams fired from the ship. Advances in transporter technology will create a silent transporter for stealth missions and greater range. Improved tractor/deflector beams as well. Finally, the ship computer will be an AI that is similar to Commander Data. It follows the orders of the Captain, assist in defending the ship, flying the ship when the situation calls for or when there is no one on the command crew that can fly the ship. Think of it as what the M5 should have been.

tribblenator999

Report this Jul. 09 2009, 9:49 pm

my dream starship is the new constitution class. :D

Startrekgirl1701

Report this Jul. 09 2009, 9:59 pm

My dream starship would be either a galaxy class starship because thier large and powerful or a constitution class starship because I love the original Enterprise!:cool:

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Jul. 09 2009, 10:10 pm

The Ambassador class starship:

Khoufu_Khorushu

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 12:32 am

Ambassador-class is my favorite, too, but I'd make up a new type if the ship-type 'Nova' wasn't already taken. I used to pretend I had a ship called the USS Nova, and I was captain. WHen I learned of the Nova-class starship, my dreams were broken, and my imagination torn.
(exaggeration)

As long as it's nice, and not flat-looking, and has a Holodeck, it's good.

Lucifer_

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 1:29 am

I'll take a Wells Class timeship (USS Relativity)...Temporal Transporters for teh win. :cool:

Hell, I'll take it a step further and soup it up with technology from the Krenim, so I'll have temporal weapons, be able to shift out of temporal phase AND I won't age. All I need now is a holodeck and I'd be forever entertained.

Khoufu_Khorushu

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 1:33 am

Question: is it possible to have a ship with the same name as a same/different class of starship, like USS Nova, etc.? If not, I'll change it to Helena or Diablo or something.

Lucifer_

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 1:35 am

Usually the first ship of a class is also given that name, though there have been exceptions.

jn91669

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 1:37 am

USS Prometheus! That ship is bad a$$!!

Khoufu_Khorushu

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 1:43 am

Is there a USS Nova?

Lucifer_

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 1:48 am

There was in Nemesis:

jn91669

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 1:52 am

Lucifer_

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 2:14 am

On top of Temporal Transporters, phase shifting and Krenim chronoton torpedoes, I'll also add Voyager's temporal shielding and phase cloaking for extra protection.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 8:55 am

Quote (Lucifer_ @ July 10 2009, 2:14 am)

Interesting choices Lucifer_.

:cool:

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 10 2009, 8:58 am

Quote (jn91669 @ July 10 2009, 1:37 am)
USS Prometheus! That ship is bad a$$!!

Yes, it is. However, you will need to get over 10,000 post to get one on these boards. :joke: :)