Dr. Phlox

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 10:18 am

I watched Night in Sickbay last night and hit me again how much I like Phlox. It seems a shame that he wasn't involved more in the episodes. He certainly doesn't fit in the "hottest male" thread, but he is an interesting and well-played character.

Curious to what others thing of the good doctor.

As an aside, I know a lot of people here don't like Night in Sickbay, but I really enjoy it. The only problem I had with it was that Archer shouldn't have taken Porthos down to the planet without asking them first. I found the episode funny, thought the sexual tension business was possible in their situation, liked the relationship building between Phlox and Archer, interesting to see Archer's realizations through the episode, loved his feelings for Porthos, and thought T'pols tactful reply to Archer at the end when he apologized to her was perfect.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 10:36 am

I kike the Dr. Phlox. He is a skilled physician and friend. He does surprise me from time to time with Denobulaian fact or personal info. For example, he has three wives and each of his wives has a husband. I am impressed to learn that Dr. Phlox's scientific knowledge rivaled Dr. Arik Soong. I'm not a man of science, but I do like it a lot. :) ¿I'm a little jealous that the good doctor had gotten married to Corporal Amanda Cole in an alternate reality. Next to T'Pol, I would love to get a shot of dating her ;)

lostshaker

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 10:44 am

I liked Phlox.  Though, I can never seem to compare the ENT crew to any of the others, since the show was canceled early.  Much like TOS, it just doesn't seem fair.

"A Night In Sick Bay" was a good episode, but it certainly wasn't a favorite.  It was lighthearted, so I can see the appeal.

I enjoyed Phlox as an alien, definitely to the point where he was a central character in a spec script I was working on prior to the show's cancellation.

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 10:50 am

Bro - each of his wives has three husbands. :laugh:

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 11:30 am

Quote (whyaduck @ July 01 2009, 10:50 am)
Bro - each of his wives has three husbands. :laugh:

Sorry, still too many.  :blush:  :laugh:

Marishi

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 4:05 pm

I thought That was a bit scarey as well! I like the Dr Phlox character! I liked his cheery optimism which I don't think any of the other ST doctors had!

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 4:27 pm

"Every moment's been an adventure for me. Humans are so unpredictable."

and he thought that humans made up for their biological deficiencies with their charming optimism-and with their Chinese cuisine.

grigori

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 5:44 pm

I DID hold it against him for a long time for his lack of sensitivity in A Night in Sickbay, telling Archer Denobulans had no concept of pets--it almost seemed judgemental. The Porthos storyline ripped my heart out! BLATANT manipulation of middle-aged female pre-menopausal baby urges. Should be outlawed.

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 6:44 pm

Quote (grigori @ July 01 2009, 5:44 pm)

I was surprised at Phlox's insensitive comment about the lemur when Archer asked him if he had a pet. He saw how attached Archer was to Porthos and he knew how emotional humans are. It seemed out of character.

bensmalls_is_a_BigYellowJ
oint

Report this Jul. 02 2009, 3:40 am

He's my favorite Enterprise character.  I wish he had more screen time.

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 03 2009, 6:58 pm

Quote (bensmalls_is_a_BigYellowJoint @ July 02 2009, 3:40 am)
He's my favorite Enterprise character. ¿I wish he had more screen time.

I agree. He should have had more screen time.

The_Mighty_Quark

Report this Jul. 03 2009, 9:02 pm

I like Dr. Phlox, he's probably my favorite "Enterprise Character! :D

Phlox01

Report this Jul. 03 2009, 10:11 pm

As you can probably guess, I'm a fan.

ENTONE

Report this Jul. 03 2009, 10:35 pm

Quote (The_Mighty_Quark @ July 03 2009, 9:02 pm)
I like Dr. Phlox, he's probably my favorite "Enterprise Character! :D