Favorite Enterprise Lines

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 9:58 am

Hi everyone. I know that everyone has heard a line in a Star Trek Enterprise episode that you loved. It may be part of your sig, favorite greeting, or parting. It doesn't have to be exact if you do not remember it correctly. Just post it, you can always edit it later. Just tell us what was said and who said it. Episode optional :)

Here's mine. You know it to be part of my sig. When I watch Zero Hour and Shran yells out this line, I like to shout out Dam Right!

"Tell Archer... we're not even anymore. He owes me!" - Shran

What's your favorite line ?:question:

lostshaker

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 10:31 am

"If you're going to embrace new worlds... you must try to embrace new ideas."  - Phlox to Archer, "Broken Bow"

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 4:17 pm

Quote (Yanks @ July 01 2009, 4:14 pm)
Needed to include both these here...ENT: Terra Prime

By far, Archer's best.

SAMUELS: Fellow delegates, this last week we've seen what humans can be at their worst. But we cannot, we must not use that as an excuse to end the dream that began here. For then, the demons of our past will have won. Instead, I want to look to the future and begin by honoring the people responsible for our being here tonight. They represent all of us at our best.
ARCHER: Up until about a hundred years ago, there was one question that burned in every human, that made us study the stars and dream of traveling to them, Are we alone? Our generation is privileged to know the answer to that question. We are all explorers, driven to know what's over the horizon, what's beyond our own shores. And yet, the more I've experienced, the more I've learned that no matter how far we travel, or how fast we get there, the most profound discoveries are not necessarily beyond that next star. They're within us, woven into the threads that bind us, all of us, to each other. The final frontier begins in this hall. Let's explore it together.

If the series had to end they should have jumped to this (start @ the 23 second mark) for appropriate closure.

Well said!  :logical:  :cool:  :D

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 4:21 pm

Quote (Yanks @ July 01 2009, 4:14 pm)
Needed to include both these here...ENT: Terra Prime

By far, Archer's best.

Wow. Reading that and then listening to the three captains gave me the chills. Thanks.

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 4:22 pm

Quote (Yanks @ July 01 2009, 4:20 pm)
Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ July 01 2009, 4:17 pm)
Quote (Yanks @ July 01 2009, 4:14 pm)
Needed to include both these here...ENT: Terra Prime

By far, Archer's best.

Well said! ?:logical: ?:cool: ?:D

I still get choked up during that scene.

Me too.

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 4:32 pm

Quote (Yanks @ July 01 2009, 4:30 pm)
Nice thread BTW. :cool:

Tuckers best line and best delivery I think. Another "Yanks gets choked up" moment. If this doesn't get you... well...

TUCKER: Not unless you can resurrect the dead. Crewman Taylor had a real knack for this kind of thing. But Taylor's not here, is she, and neither is Crewman Kamata, or Ensign Marcel or a dozen others. So forgive me if I don't want the #### power cells! (kicks the container across the corridor) We found Taylor over there, outside her quarters. She was probably trying to get to her station. If she'd made it a few more metres I wouldn't be trying to write this #### letter. 'Cause every time I start I hear myself saying, what a fine young woman she was, how smart and full of potential. And I realise that I'm not thinking about Taylor at all. I'm thinking about Elizabeth. There's so many people dead. I tried not to see her any differently than the other seven million, so I've spent the last nine months trying to pretend she was just another victim. But she's my sister, T'Pol. My baby sister. (finally he cries) I envy you Vulcans.

duck got choked up too.

whyaduck

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 4:51 pm

You bet Yanks. I don't know Enterprise well enough to come up with favorite lines off the top of my head, but I will add some when I think of them.

grigori

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 5:38 pm

well-done on both counts, Yanks.
AND this IS a good thread. I'll be back!

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 11:19 pm

Thanks everyone. I "borrowed" the idea from another board. I know there was a lot of cool, powerful, and emotional lines in Enterprise. It's about time that everyone else know what great lines we heard in some of our favorite episodes.

Here is another one of mine:

Shran: The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.

:cool:  :laugh: Dam Right!

Serit

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 11:21 pm

Aw, you guys picked all sorts of five hankie quotes! I just have one fun quote:

"They're called phase pistols. They have two settings: stun and kill. It would be best not to confuse them."
Lt. Malcolm Reed, Armoury Officer, Enterprise NX-01, 2151

challengerdyer

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 11:46 pm

Archer in "Similitude": "EVEN IF IT MEANS KILLING YOU."

Said to Sim, Trip's clone.

Close second, same episode, : "I need Trip!  TRIP!"

This episode belongs in any top 10 EVER ST episode list.

lostshaker

Report this Jul. 02 2009, 9:03 am

"You're good at building things, Commander.  I'm good at blowing them up."
Reed to Trip, "United"

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 02 2009, 9:25 am

"Hello. I'm your mother. You're going to need a name." - T'Pol, to baby Elizabeth

*edited to add pic*

ENT567

Report this Jul. 02 2009, 9:30 am

There's an earlier thread with lots of great lines from ENT!

Many lines form ENT are my faves, here's one of them:

Unexpected:

T'POL: This engineer wanted you to see her planet?
TUCKER: So?
T'POL: Perhaps the next step would have been to meet her holographic parents. If I'm not mistaken, on some planets that's a precursor to marriage.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jul. 02 2009, 11:35 am

T'Pol: "This is where I go in my mind."
Trip: "Wow! I would've thought you'd pick a more interesting place, like the beach or... one of those fire plains you showed me."