Great Star Trek Comics and Graphic Novels

Ghost_Face_Saint

Report this Jun. 30 2009, 11:32 pm

I am a long time Star Trek fan and have read many novels, however I have read only a few of the Star Trek comics.

One which I still have as a graphic novel is "Star Trek: Debt Of Honor" which is simply superb!  This book is by DC comics with Chris Claremont, Adam Hughes, and Karl Story, also color art by Tim McCraw.  If you can find a copy I suggest you buy it and read it.

Anyway what Star Trek comics or graphic novels would you recommend?

frimmel

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 9:08 am

I liked the Mirror Universe Saga. The Mirror Spock and Kirk invade the 'regular' universe.

I do not have this collection but have been considering it. It is only a little more than two graphic novel collections but with pretty much everything up to the IDW stuff.

RichBoyGorgeous

Report this Jul. 01 2009, 10:15 pm

Check out the IDW Star Trek The Next Generation: The Last Generation books. They are pretty cool, part of the Myriad Universe collection. I also thought the Countdown books were well done, released by IDW as an official prequel to the film. IDW does all the Star Trek comics now and it seems like they always have something in the works.

Peyton

Report this Jul. 02 2009, 2:50 am

I have really enjoyed all of John Byrne's Trek comics.  He really captures the feel of TOS.

StarTreKOSNG1Fan

Report this Jul. 23 2009, 4:06 am

I know one  comic I would recomend is "Countdown" its a prequel to the new movie. If you like the new movie,you probley would want the comic book.The comic book takes place right before the new movie begians.The comic will give a more insight to the events that is about to  happen. It also explains the reason why the timeline got changed. Belive me you will have a better understanding of the movie. I know I sure did.

frimmel

Report this Jul. 23 2009, 9:00 am

I read Countdown and Nero's motivation was as out of left field in that as in the film. You get more information but it still doesn't ring true. It helps with the AU nonsense but doesn't explain how one time Red Matter singularities destroy ships and one time they allow time travel.

Harbinger1

Report this Jul. 23 2009, 4:25 pm

I've been reading through the many volumes of the IDW Star Trek Archives...each volume dedicated to a specific writer or character.  The best of the best...cant get any better than that.

sonofspock1

Report this Jul. 23 2009, 5:35 pm

I remember Peter David (I think) did this great one called "Who Killed Captain Kirk", there's this brilliant part were the crew are living in Dante's Inferno. I must pull it out, and glance through it.

RIPJTK

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 10:37 am

Quote (Peyton @ July 02 2009, 2:50 am)
I have really enjoyed all of John Byrne's Trek comics. ¿He really captures the feel of TOS.

I like Byrne's IDW Star Trek comics too.  Assignment: Earth was wonderful.. The series with 'Number One' from The Cage is less fun, but still good.

Captain_Storma

Report this Jul. 25 2009, 2:40 pm

The best are the golden classics released by Marvel, DC et all.

Some of the TOS and TNG comic books were simply awesome, and could have been TV episodes or even movies.

sonofspock1

Report this Jul. 26 2009, 9:11 am

The first Romulan Alien Spotlight from IDW was great stuff. A prequel to Balance of Terror.

IKS_Okrand

Report this Aug. 02 2009, 6:13 pm

I thought that DC Comics put out some pretty bizarre ST comics when I read them as a kid. That's why I still I still wish Marvel published more Trek comics when they had the chance.

Swahi24

Report this Aug. 03 2009, 6:54 pm

I did not like any of the trek comics myself. I think that they ruin trek. :p

StarTreKOSNG1Fan

Report this Aug. 04 2009, 1:26 am

Has anybody ever read the Cruicible Trilogy? Well I'm in the middle of reading it. I just finshed reading the book about Spock, the day before yesterday. And I started reading the one about Kirk yesterday. Spock and Kirk are the only two books of the series I have. I do plain on buying the one about McCoy probley after I get back from the Convetion in Vegas. I really liked the book about Spock, it was really interesting. And I know I'm getting to like the book about Kirk. Once I get the book about McCoy, I plain re-reading the books but in order the way they go. It will give me a better understanding of all the events that is happing in the books. So has anybody read them? If you have, what do you think about them? And which one is your favorite or do you like the best?

Users browsing this forum: wissa