1978 Star Trek Pinball Machine

CPR

Report this Jun. 28 2009, 7:54 pm

Hey everyone;

I'm an avid pinball player and have a great collection of pinball machines that I played when I was a kid. One of my favorites has always been Star Trek pinball machine from 1978. It's a very cool game with lots of bright colors and good gameplay and its based on my favorite show to boot.

The only problem is all the games I come across have been used for 30+ years so they are in rather sad shape. I'd like to remake some of the parts like little plastics parts that go over the mechanisms and the playing field that the ball rolls on. I have obtained permission of the company who originally made the games but they stated I had to have permission of someone from Star Trek licensing to use the images of the Enterprise and other images. I can only manage to make about 100 pcs because of the manual labor involved and the big investments. I know it won't save all the games that need parts from the trash bin but it will help a lot.

Does anyone have a contact I could try to attempt to find out  how receptive they'd be to allowing me to make such a small number of parts for my poor old game. I have reproduced many parts for other games so I can certainly do so if I can get permission.

Thanks
Mike

lion_tone

Report this Jun. 29 2009, 7:35 pm

Do you have the Medieval Madness one? My fave...

CPR

Report this Jul. 02 2009, 12:41 pm

The Medieval Madness is one of the most expensive games ever.  And someday maybe I'll be rich enough to afford one. But truthfully I really like the old classics that I grew up with, Like Star Trek, Flash Gordon, and Eight Ball Deluxe. Great games with themes that I really loved. Especially Star Trek. Did you know there have been three Star Trek Games over the years?! The original one from 1978 I want to make some parts for and a one that was made by Data East on 20th Anniversary one that had an operating transporter and the spectacular Next Generation machine which IS my all time favorite. Great theme, great gameplay and just a super all around pinball machine, and I do have one of those.

Mike

Mirrorgirl

Report this Jul. 02 2009, 12:44 pm

I remember playing the TNG at a club I used to work in in the 90's, it was a great one to play :cool:

Renaikan

Report this Jul. 02 2009, 7:08 pm

Anyone remember the Trek arcade game? Played that in the early 80s when arcades were the fad.

lion_tone

Report this Jul. 02 2009, 11:04 pm

Quote (Renaikan @ July 02 2009, 7:08 pm)

Was it the one where you blasted Klingons, and got repairs through Starbases?

I think I remember a Texas Instruents TI-99 (YIKES) conversion of that.

Renaikan

Report this Jul. 21 2009, 6:32 pm

Quote (lion_tone @ July 02 2009, 11:04 pm)
Quote (Renaikan @ July 02 2009, 7:08 pm)

Was it the one where you blasted Klingons, and got repairs through Starbases?

I think I remember a Texas Instruents TI-99 (YIKES) conversion of that.

Yeah I believe that was it. You basically piloted the Enterprise through various sectors. Was pretty cool. :)

CPR

Report this Jul. 24 2009, 8:52 pm

I actually make parts myself with a friend and we do make licensed parts. All the parts we make are made to exceed ALL factory specifictions and are actually sought out by collectors. All our  parts are fully licensed by Bally (now WMS) We take great care and pride in our work. We make very small runs of parts to keep the quality high. Our aim is to save the old games. I'd really like to save a few of these as well.... its Trek! I loved the show as a kid, and even own the newer Next Gen pinball game. I just need a lead on who to contact

Thanks