Favorite lines

Anyacat

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 11:21 am

The six TOS films provided many memorable moments, but my favorite remains: "Excuse me¿ Excuse me. I¿d just like to ask a question¿ What does God need with a starship?"

When it comes to TOS, I don't always remember the episode titles, but the dialogue stays:

"You will die of suffocation, in the icy cold of space"

"You look quite well for a man that's been 'utterly destroyed', Mr. Spock."

Mirrorgirl

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 11:33 am

"Computer!"

"A Keyboard!? How quaint."

Anyacat

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 11:39 am

"Finding retirement a wee bit lonely, aren't we?"

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 12:07 pm

"Just a moment, Captain, Sir, I'll explain what happened. Your revered Admiral Nogura invoked a little-known, seldom-used reserve activation clause. In simpler language, captain, they drafted me!"

Anyacat

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 12:16 pm

"Spock, will you please sit down!"

lion_tone

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 1:43 pm

One of my ALL-TIME faves...

James T. Kirk: Forgive you? I ought to knock you on your goddammed ass.
Spock: If you think it would help?
Leonard McCoy: You want me to hold him, Jim?
James T. Kirk: You stay out of this.

Anyacat

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 3:40 pm

Quote (lion_tone @ June 27 2009, 1:43 pm)
One of my ALL-TIME faves...

James T. Kirk: Forgive you? I ought to knock you on your goddammed ass.
Spock: If you think it would help?
Leonard McCoy: You want me to hold him, Jim?
James T. Kirk: You stay out of this.

YEP, that whole exchange is memorable.

Spock: No, you do not understand. Sybok is also a son of Sarek.
Kirk: You mean he's your BROTHER brother? You made that up.
Spock: I did not.
Kirk: You did too. Sybok couldn't possibly be your brother because I happen to know for a fact you don't HAVE a brother.
Spock: Technically, you are correct. I do not have a brother.
Kirk: There, you see? See?
Spock: I have a half-brother.
Kirk: I gotta sit down.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 3:58 pm

Edith Keeler: "Wha...what on earth is that?"
Spock: "I am endeavoring, ma'am, to create a mnemonic memory circuit, using stone knives ... and bearskins."

WilburWood

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 4:03 pm

Baris: Captain Kirk, I consider your security measures a disgrace. In my opinion, you have taken this important project far too lightly.
Kirk: On the contrary, sir. I think of this project as very important. It is YOU I take lightly.

:D

Anyacat

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 4:08 pm

Kirk: Spock, where the hell's the power you promised?
Spock: One #### minute, Admiral.

and I think Spock repeats it in V, when he tells the Klingon general to "#### well try" or something like that

Valdena

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 4:09 pm

Quote (Anyacat @ June 27 2009, 4:08 pm)
Kirk: Spock, where the hell's the power you promised?
Spock: One #### minute, Admiral.

***colorful metaphors***

lion_tone

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 4:13 pm

Quote (Anyacat @ June 27 2009, 4:08 pm)
Kirk: Spock, where the hell's the power you promised?
Spock: One #### minute, Admiral.

HAHA... Spock mastering cursing. Brilliant.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 4:16 pm

Mirror Sulu: "It's your play, I hope you succeed. Because the order would fall on me next, and you know how Captain Kirk's enemies have a... habit of... disappearing."

Mirror Spock: "If I am successful, you see yourself a step nearer to the captaincy. I do not want to command the Enterprise, but if it should befall me, I suggest that you remember that my operatives would avenge my death and some of them are Vulcans."

Anyacat

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 4:22 pm

Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ June 27 2009, 4:16 pm)

Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the galaxy can make that claim.

lion_tone

Report this Jun. 27 2009, 4:47 pm

Quote (Anyacat @ June 27 2009, 4:22 pm)
Quote (BrotherofShran01 @ June 27 2009, 4:16 pm)

Try a line like that on TNG...lol