New Star Trek rips off Star Wars jump effect

Tin_Man

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:21 am

Okay J J you are more of a Star Wars fan... FINE

BUT really, did you have to rip off the faster than light jump effect.

The Captain even says Punch it... TWICE!

Lando SW Episode 6! Would saying Engage or even Step on it have been so hard to do? Anything but ripping SW.

And besides the bass being turned up alot the sound effect is the same too :eyesroll:

Oh and the stars even start to streak JUST LIKE IN SW

But why be original when pumping out yet another prequel for the teaming masses.

DarthRage

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:31 am

Man that's awesome. Sorry you hated it.

SpaceTherapist

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:33 am

I am actually fine with the jump to warp effect. The effect used in the movie seems more realistic to me. You can't blame Star Wars for getting it right in the first place!

Tin_Man

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:34 am

Quote (DarthRage @ June 21 2009, 12:31 pm)
Man that's awesome. Sorry you hated it.

I hate it when stuff is blatantly ripped off.

Being inspired is one thing but when you could drop any of those ships in the SW universe side by side and have them both jump to FTL and not see or hear a major difference, that's a bit much.

Tin_Man

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:38 am

Quote (SpaceTherapist @ June 21 2009, 12:33 pm)

Please how is that effect anymore realistic than the Ent D jumping to warp.

Have you seen any FTL capable ships jump latley?

Edit: And I'm not blaming SW for anything clearly ST ripped off SW

The BSG FTL jump effect looks pretty realistic too good thing JJ wasn't more of a BSG fan :eyesroll:

NuclearWessels

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:38 am

it was a simple jump without any special effect (aka. TMP, TNG) added to it.  I can't recall TOS ever having an effect added to its jump.

SpaceTherapist

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:39 am

Quote (Tin_Man @ June 21 2009, 12:38 pm)
Quote (SpaceTherapist @ June 21 2009, 12:33 pm)

Please how is that effect anymore realistic than the Ent D jumping to warp.

Have you seen any FTL capable ships jump latley?

I think any star ship going to warp would practically disappear. The new movie showed it in a dramatic way.

NuclearWessels

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:40 am

Quote (SpaceTherapist @ June 22 2009, 9:39 am)
Quote (Tin_Man @ June 21 2009, 12:38 pm)
Quote (SpaceTherapist @ June 21 2009, 12:33 pm)

Please how is that effect anymore realistic than the Ent D jumping to warp.

Have you seen any FTL capable ships jump latley?

I was never a big fan of a starship 'stretching' anyways.

(why doesn't everything inside the ship stretch?)

bgummy

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:41 am

If anything, it reminded me of when BSG did an FTL Jump.

SpaceTherapist

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:42 am

Quote (NuclearWessels @ June 21 2009, 12:40 pm)
Quote (SpaceTherapist @ June 22 2009, 9:39 am)
Quote (Tin_Man @ June 21 2009, 12:38 pm)
Quote (SpaceTherapist @ June 21 2009, 12:33 pm)

Please how is that effect anymore realistic than the Ent D jumping to warp.

Have you seen any FTL capable ships jump latley?

I was never a big fan of a starship 'stretching' anyways.

(why doesn't everything inside the ship stretch?)

I was never a fan of the stretching ship either. This new effect does look so much better to me.

Tin_Man

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:46 am

The point is people, the effect was a total rip off of the SW one.
From look to sound inside and outside, to saying Punch it total rip off!

Why not change the Star Fleet emblem to the one the Alliance uses but shinier, I bet that would be neat too. :sick:

WkdYngMan

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:46 am

Quote (Tin_Man @ June 22 2009, 11:34 am)
Quote (DarthRage @ June 21 2009, 12:31 pm)
Man that's awesome. Sorry you hated it.

I hate it when stuff is blatantly ripped off.

This is why I don't watch "The Cage" often.   :logical:

rocketscientist

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:47 am

Who cares?  Really, I could care less if it looked more like the SW jump effect.

Although I always did love the effect they used in TMP.  I think that was the best ever.

It's funny though.  That effect they used for TNG, with the ship stretching, was done by ILM.  Why didn't they stick with it?

But, whatever.  Like I said, it's no big deal for me.  I liked what they did just fine.

Tin_Man

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:48 am

Quote (rocketscientist @ June 21 2009, 12:47 pm)
Who cares? ¿Really, I could care less if it looked more like the SW jump effect. ¿

Although I always did love the effect they used in TMP. ¿I think that was the best ever.

It's funny though. ¿That effect they used for TNG, with the ship stretching, was done by ILM. ¿Why didn't they stick with it? ¿

But, whatever. ¿Like I said, it's no big deal for me. ¿I liked what they did just fine.

Like it or not fine

So you admit they ripped the effect off?

Tin_Man

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 11:51 am

Quote (starbase63 @ June 21 2009, 12:50 pm)
Quote (Tin_Man @ June 22 2009, 11:21 am)

Okay J J you are more of a Star Wars fan... FINE

BUT really, did you have to rip off the faster than light jump effect.

The Captain even says Punch it... TWICE!

Oh and the stars even start to strek JUST LIKE IN SW

I think everyone noticed that, Tin_Man...

Even the sound effect is similar.

:logical:

Unfortunatly everyone seems to be okay with it too.

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam, wissa