The Doctor

Litton

Report this Jun. 21 2009, 10:26 am

I got my first DVD in 10 years I did not know he was so in love with Dax I am watching the first three espodes and they are so good. When I was younger I watch the second season and thrid season why did they go away from his love for her it went downhill after the fourth season she did not care for him at all everyone on the ship taught the Doctor was a little crazy I like him

juliansgirl7

Report this Jun. 21 2009, 2:04 pm

JULIAN is my most favorite Character ever-He was so adorable(and I'm HEAD OVER HEELS in love with Alex Siddig who plays JULIAN)

I was very jealous of any girl he was with :angry:

starkorn

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 4:21 am

If i ever needed a Dr. to operate on me, it would be Bashir with the EMH assisting.

alexmcpherson

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 1:30 pm

I do much prefer the USS Jadzia Dax-Bashir, A shame it was mothballed before even the keel was laid down in the Canon DS9'verse.
If only I could hop through the looking glass to a universe where that ship was completed and made more than just a maiden voyage.

[edit]
I got the idea that in Shattered mirror, Jadzia and that not-clever (and probably not G.M.) Bashir were a couple.

juliansgirl7

Report this Jun. 22 2009, 10:22 pm

Quote (starkorn @ June 22 2009, 4:21 am)

I don't think the EMH would make a good assistant-He's way too opinionated and would drive JULIAN crazy

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 23 2009, 2:51 am

Quote (alexmcpherson @ June 22 2009, 1:30 pm)

For a little while... After MU sisko died of course.

==============================================

methinks,
Julian is great!
Jadzia is..... okay. (Ezri is better.)

me-also-thinks,
Julian and Jadzia possibly could have been good as lovers.
Still they are really good as friends.

I think it was an important part of Julian's development as a character that he stopped chasing so ardently after Jadzia -- kind of growing up and learning a few lessons (as people do).

what else? oh yeah. I also liked Dr Bashir in the first initial seasons. Possibly because he was a little crazy and so excitable. I reckon that the best thing about him is that he is a really good person to have as a friend. (Like with Miles & Garak etc.) and in spite of everything -- we're talking seven years worth here -- he manages to keep some measure of personal integrity.

And... Hang on just one moment!! No-one's added a picture yet??! This we have to remedy.

:D  :D  :D

juliansgirl7

Report this Jun. 23 2009, 1:10 pm

He's So Adorable! ¿:kiss: ¿:kiss: ¿:kiss:

Litton

Report this Jun. 25 2009, 10:30 am

He was everything people said he was great I watch it the first seven season just to see him. When did he change his name to alex and why, I got a couple of the books and reading about him he never changes even in books

juliansgirl7

Report this Jun. 25 2009, 11:16 am

It was changed in the beginning of the 4th season because people had a hard time pronouncing 'Siddig El Fadil'.  I didn't, though

So what's your favorite Dr Bashir Episode so far?

Mine's "Our Man Bashir"

alexmcpherson

Report this Jun. 25 2009, 1:08 pm

Siddig is his name. 'El Fadil" means "Son of ___"
aka , Siddig, Son of Fadil.
It's the way those people make their names. Like Worf, Son of Mogh.

OtakuJo

Report this Jun. 26 2009, 6:25 pm

...the technical word for Xson-ofY being "Patronymic". Don't ask me where I learnt that because I don't have the foggiest idea.

Same as where we get names like Donaldson or Nicholson except that they became last names instead of being after someone's real dad.

Do excuse me -- I'm talking crap.
===============

By the way,
"...never changes even in books." How so?

Litton

Report this Jun. 28 2009, 1:42 pm

mind was the passenger I saw that esposid yesterday I remember from when I first saw it cannot wait for other ones in which the doctor was in

Report this Jun. 28 2009, 3:04 pm

Quote (starkorn @ June 22 2009, 4:21 am)

Yeah, that doc was easy on the eyes....

:D

juliansgirl7

Report this Jun. 28 2009, 10:04 pm

Quote (juliansgirl7 @ June 22 2009, 2:10 pm)

He's So Adorable! ?:kiss: ?:kiss: ?:kiss:

^Very easy on the eyes!

I'd love to be his patient anytime!

ShranWeyoun

Report this Jun. 29 2009, 2:40 pm

Doctor Bashir is the only Star Trek character I can acctually do a good impression of.
It consists of saying "Garak" in several different tones.