Worst Acting

RhysieB

Report this Jun. 19 2009, 10:41 am

Reeve I thought was just complete over acting, ever episode, every scene. I sometimes had to look away otherwise I'd laugh

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Jun. 19 2009, 10:44 am

Mayweather has my vote. He was just awful.

SLagonia

Report this Jun. 19 2009, 11:32 am

Do you mean Reed?

chickadee

Report this Jun. 19 2009, 11:36 am

Archer

Middleman

Report this Jun. 19 2009, 1:41 pm

It's Reed not Reeve. If you are going to put up a negative poll, at least get the names right. Actually I liked them all; no one was a bad actor. It's just some were stronger than others.

SLagonia

Report this Jun. 19 2009, 2:15 pm

Quote (Middleman @ June 18 2009, 4:41 pm)

There were some I didn't think were great, but no one was a bad actor, I'll give you that.

grigori

Report this Jun. 19 2009, 6:12 pm

Connor Trinneer's TV presence was right on the money. Bakula kept up with many of Archer's more difficult, understated scenes, particularly mixed emotions and tension, not to mention an easy bravado, but there are moments when Trinneer just plain acted circles around the rest of the cast. as the show developed they gave him more and more to work with as well. and this is only part of it, but you have to give it to a guy who can cry believably.

Tern

Report this Jun. 19 2009, 6:37 pm

T'pol! She had such a gravelly voice + she was always being way too dramatic, esp. for a Vulcan.

grigori

Report this Jun. 19 2009, 7:00 pm

:question:
I thought Blalock was often deliciously under-stated. by the end of Season 4 her T'Pol was making a definite effort at least to fit in with humans, though, and put them more at ease by adapting her manners and speech.

Middleman

Report this Jun. 19 2009, 10:56 pm

Quote (Tern @ June 19 2009, 6:37 pm)

I thought she "out Vulcaned" Leonard Nimoy.

WedgeBob

Report this Jun. 20 2009, 10:21 am

I have to agree, T'Pol certainly used plenty of great acting in the episode that aired yesterday on Sci-Fi, especially the way she was when Phlox kept her in that de-con room.
That turned out to be one of my favorite episodes now.

I could care less about the acting of those aliens that took Archer hostage in that episode, tho. ¿Blech...  Not the Klingons, but the Telestrians, I believe the other ones were.

Dbear1

Report this Jun. 21 2009, 9:14 am

While I think none were what you would call horrible, I think the weakest was Mayweather.  He was way too understated and really did not have much of prescience.  Of course part of that might be the writers fault, he never really had what you would call many good scenes or lines.

The best I think was Tucker, he seemed to be able to take over scenes and he did a very good job of being the representation of the everyday type guy for the show.

grigori

Report this Jun. 21 2009, 9:17 am

Trinneer has absolute bang-on comic timing, and over the years seemed to acquire Bakula's experienced, restrained knack for dramatic timing as well.

Sonchi

Report this Jun. 21 2009, 10:12 am

Mayweather, no contest. Probably looks nice naked but couldn't act his way out of a brown paper bag!

whyaduck

Report this Jun. 21 2009, 10:27 am

Though Mayweather wasn't used much, I found him inconsistent when he was. Sometimes he did fine and other times I thought he was goofy, like in Fortunate Son.