Time mags top 10 moments in ST history

TransphasicTorpedoes

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 1:36 am

They should have picked something else, and put it way higher on the list. HEE!

AGrey

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 2:04 am

I can't find it.

can we get a link?

Lucifer_

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 2:26 am

Whatever rank it ends up getting, the cliffhanger of The Best of Both Worlds needs to be on that list. It was the most anticipated season cliffhanger on television since "Who shot J.R." from Dallas.

Kirk and Uhura kissing are probably on that list of course. That was an historic event for television in general.

Without a comprehensive list, all I can do is mull over other possibiities.

ssmukhi

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 3:44 am

Here's the link

10 moments

Lucifer_

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 4:07 am

Some of those choices sucked, and the infamous kiss didn't even make the list. I can't believe they had "Disaster" as one of the top 10 historical moments in Star Trek. It was a decent episode, but not one that I would count as having any kind of landmark historical value.

Other groundbreaking material I consider to be historic in the legacy of Trek would include "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield," and "The First Duty." The former for it's simple yet powerful message and the latter because for the first time it depicts Der Wunderkind Wesley as a flawed character capable of serious wrongdoing which directly leads to the death of his classmate and then he takes part in a conspiracy to lie about the truth of what really happened.

ssmukhi

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 4:20 am

Notice, not even a single moment from ENT made the list.

Lucifer_, I agree with you. No mention of the Kirk / Uhura kiss???

Lucifer_

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 4:57 am

Quote (ssmukhi @ June 18 2009, 4:20 am)
Notice, not even a single moment from ENT made the list.

ENT "Dear Doctor" should have made the list for most appalling episode in the history of Trek. I've never seen more backlash against a Star Trek episode than this one.

TransphasicTorpedoes

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 3:24 pm

Time Magazine --may as well read it while its still around.

exodus201

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 4:57 pm

Quote (ssmukhi @ June 18 2009, 4:20 am)
Notice, not even a single moment from ENT made the list.

Lucifer_, I agree with you. No mention of the Kirk / Uhura kiss???

Propbably because the most recent debate is because their lips never actually touched, so the "kiss" doesn't count.

Lucifer_

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 5:56 pm

Here's the video. Although they angle the camera where it's hard to see, their lips DO make contact.

YouTube

AGrey

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 7:27 pm

Quote (Lucifer_ @ June 18 2009, 5:56 pm)

YouTube

This being the first time I've seen that, I've just got to say...

that's the most awkward thing ever  :laugh:

Lucifer_

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 9:09 pm

The awkwardness works considering they were forced to kiss against their will.

ssmukhi

Report this Jun. 18 2009, 11:51 pm

Quote (AGrey @ June 19 2009, 7:27 am)
Quote (Lucifer_ @ June 18 2009, 5:56 pm)

YouTube

This being the first time I've seen that, I've just got to say...

that's the most awkward thing ever ¿:laugh:

I suggest you watch the whole episode. It puts everything into context. "Plato's Stepchildren".

voyfan99

Report this Jun. 19 2009, 12:04 am

thanks for the link, what an interesting list.  I am also surprised that Disaster made the list, it was good, but i would not have put it on any top ten list, same with Pale Moonlight.

ssmukhi

Report this Jun. 19 2009, 12:11 am

Quote (voyfan99 @ June 19 2009, 12:04 pm)
thanks for the link, what an interesting list. ¿I am also surprised that Disaster made the list, it was good, but i would not have put it on any top ten list, same with Pale Moonlight.

I agree with you on Disaster but "In The Pale Moonlight" was an episode that showed the extent of damage of what war can do even for an "enlightened" Federation Starfleet Captain.