Best Season Six Episode

Ndirsch11

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 1:39 am

Since Voyager always did comedy very well, I have to go with "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy" as the best episode of season six.  I guess I have a soft spot for episodes where the Doctor sings.  But, honestly, this script was really clever and it made great use of Robert Picardo's talents.  And the entire cast genuinely seemed to be having a good time.  Who can forget the scene where Janeway, Seven, and B'elanna are all competing for the Doctor's attention?  It was hilarious!   :laugh:

SLagonia

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 1:52 am

Pathfinder was probably the best of the season, and it's not up there.  I'm going to go with Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy, though honorable mention to The Voyager Conspiracy.

Anyway, season six was a disappointment after a very high quality season five, but there were still a few gems in there.

Ndirsch11

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 1:55 am

^^  I'm not sure why you think "Pathfinder" was so great.  I suppose it was nice to see Barclay and Troi again but they were both given very generic dialogue.  It was basically a TNG episode with the entire Voyager cast shoved into the background.  I'm sure Robert Beltran was annoyed that he had to play hologram again.    :laugh:

SLagonia

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 2:13 am

Quote (Ndirsch11 @ June 13 2009, 4:55 am)
^^ ¿I'm not sure why you think "Pathfinder" was so great. ¿I suppose it was nice to see Barclay and Troi again but they were both given very generic dialogue. ¿It was basically a TNG episode with the entire Voyager cast shoved into the background. ¿I'm sure Robert Beltran was annoyed that he had to play hologram again. ¿ ¿:laugh:

Maybe that's what made it good  :laugh: I often get mad at the Voyager cast for getting in the way of a good episode.  Think back to my Blink of an Eye review - We had a vibrant and new world where an interesting advanture was happening and the standard hack problem of the week, and we focused on the problem of the week for some reason.  Pathfinder did the opposite.  Voyager was a B story.

Anyway, Pathfinder had an interesting story, a likable character (Barclay, who was far more likable in Voyager than in TNG) and some genuine quality moments.  I should do a review.

AGrey

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 3:35 am

I never really watched too much of TNG, so it was a bit jarring to be dropped into an episode where they assumed that I already know the cahracters.  Pathfinder was never really one of my favorites.

Tinker, tenor, doctor, spy is definitely on my top five list of best voyager episodes, and the best of season six.

DoctorsAssistant

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 5:07 am

I really loved quite a few of these episodes, Blink of an Eye is one of my favourites but i had to vote for Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy.

I mean come on...Hand on Janeways Butt?  i have never laughed as hard as i did during that whole scene , hilarious!

DRAGON_ROSE

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 8:46 am

one small step, voyager conspiracy, fair haven, blink of an eye and survival insticnt are my top 5

exodus201

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 11:36 am

I'll have to go with one not on the list

"Child's Play"
It was a great story that gave great character to one of Voyager's b-cast members.
This ep. combined with "Imperfection" made me an Icheb fan.

chickadee

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 3:17 pm

Quote (exodus201 @ June 14 2009, 11:36 am)
I'll have to go with one not on the list

"Child's Play"
This ep. combined with "Imperfection" made me an Icheb fan.

Great episodes

Dbear1

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 4:01 pm

It was not listed but my favorite was Barge of the Dead, in fact that is actually pretty much my favorite episode in the entire series.  I thought the story was intriguing; they handled the concept of religion much better in this one versus Mortal Coil.  The acting was outstanding I feel, plus I always liked the episodes that Torres was prominent in since she is my favorite character.

Of the ones listed I picked Memorial.  I thought it was a nice thought provoking episode, but did not try to get too preachy (a mistake that some ST episodes fall into IMO).

chickadee

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 4:42 pm

Since it's not listed and there is no "other" option, I cannot vote in this poll. But my favorite season 6 episode is Barge of the Dead. Not only is Roxann Dawson an amazing actress and realy brought the character and her struggles to life, but this was one of the best character building epiosdes in all of Star Trek IMO.

Ndirsch11

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 4:48 pm

Quote (chickadee @ June 14 2009, 4:42 pm)

Vgrbabe, is that you?   :O

chickadee

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 4:54 pm

yep, I thought I had made it obvious :D

AGrey

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 6:56 pm

Barge of the Dead is one of the few episodes that I will skip on a regular basis when i go back to rewatch the series.

Just about any 'Klingon Episode' is so full of narm that I just have to switch to the next episode.

DS9 managed to avoid the problem by focusing on the politics, rather than focusing on the 'klingon-ness' of it all.

TransphasicTorpedoes

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 8:23 pm

Season six? ..thats easy: "Ashes To Ashes" and "Unimatrix Zero".